Injury Schoenmakers knee injury: Confirmed ACL

Remove this Banner Ad

Very disappointed for Shoey. I was enjoying him coming into his own as a defender , and I wish him all the very best in his recovery.
I also hope Lake will be the player that we need him to be .... Also looking forward to Whitehead coming back into the team later in the year.
He may be critical ...

Very disappointed for Shoey. I was enjoying him coming into his own as a defender , and I wish him all the very best in his recovery.
I also hope Lake will be the player that we need him to be .... Also looking forward to Whitehead coming back into the team later in the year.
He may be critical ...

That would be Whitecross...:D

Ummm we will miss schoey more than you realise. I dread playing the eagles again this year

Totally agree. People only need to have a look at his improvement. Sure Cloke kicked 5 on him but its Cloke. He monsters everyone when he gets in a mood, nobody can stop hime. Ask Alex Rance or any richmond defender yesterday. Regardless, he has improved out of sight in one on ones and against the monsters.
Time will tell if Lake will be any good but after watching 2 of Box Hills games this year I wouldn't be holding my breath. More than happy to be proven wrong though for the sake of our team.

Maybe we wouldn't have as many ACL's injuries if our strength fitness and conditioning crew's program main focus wasn't on more and more leg speed for players building more upper body muscle and less leg muscle, but more lower body (legs) muscle building program which does slow you down a little, but goes a long way in strengthening the muscles that support the knees that helps to tighten and increase the flexibility which does help in reducing stress and the risk of damage and injury to the players knees.

Guttered...This type of injuries are a cruel waste of upcoming talent...It's always such a shame when these young guys get cut down like this just at a time when they are ready to shine as footballers...
Only upside that i can think of is that his still young and has his whole career ahead of him!!

May you have a quick and an uncomplicated recovery Ryan Shoenmakers... you were fast becoming one of my favourite players and not just on game day but in every way which you've picked yourself up time after time in the face of all the negativity surrounding you...You looked forward and just kept on keeping on so do like ways at a time of adversity..

Always remember:
ADVERSITY TEACHES US THE TRUTH ABOUT OURSELVES

I'm shattered, it's so unfair the poor kid. Hopefully he will come back bigger, stronger, better. Get well soon champ.

Maybe we wouldn't have as many ACL's injuries if our strength fitness and conditioning crew's program main focus wasn't on more and more leg speed for players building more upper body muscle and less leg muscle, but more lower body (legs) muscle building program which does slow you down a little, but goes a long way in strengthening the muscles that support the knees that helps to tighten and increase the flexibility which does help in reducing stress and the risk of damage and injury to the players knees.

Guttered...This type of injuries are a cruel waste of upcoming talent...It's always such a shame when these young guys get cut down like this just at a time when they are ready to shine as footballers...
Only upside that i can think of is that his still young and has his whole career ahead of him!!

May you have a quick and an uncomplicated recovery Ryan Shoenmakers... you were fast becoming one of my favourite players and not just on game day but in every way which you've picked yourself up time after time in the face of all the negativity surrounding you...You looked forward and just kept on keeping on so do like ways at a time of adversity..

Always remember:
ADVERSITY TEACHES US THE TRUTH ABOUT OURSELVES
Spot on, 4 players in our best 22 ( woodward would have been in our side by now ) all out with knee injuries and its only round 4, has any other top 4 club got a record like this, one more long term key injury ( and you know it will happen ) and our premiership chance is shot. When will our board recognise what is happening and make a hard decision.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's no pattern to bad luck, sure Shoey, Woody and Suckers are on the younger side but Ossie and Gilham were no youngsters.

Whitecross is another young one. It worries me too, just the sheer number of them, young or old. I think it's more than just bad luck but not sure what the root cause is or how they can be avoided.

5 ACL's in 12 months... 3 of them to first 18 players. This one even more than WhiteX and Suckers, REALLY hurts our 2013 finals campaign, I hope there's no more to come. My immediate thought on Saturday was, this has got to be beyond bad luck now, with 5 in 12 months.. what are we doing in our training that is causing this most devastating type of injury to be occurring now on a regular basis? Or will it take something like this to happen to Hodge, Buddy, Mitch or Cyril before we (the club/footy department) really sit up and take notice!?

Given we're arguably at the tail end of our "window" it's just damn frustrating and devastating!

Anyway, good luck to the Schoe.. I hope Brian can stand up for us in his stead, really hope Schoe gets a full year in 2014 playing alongside Brian as I reckon it'd be massive for his development, was hoping he'd get that exposure this year. Good Luck Cobbler! :thumbsu:

Come on down Brian Lake.

If Lake doesn't deliver due to injury or form, our premiership tilt maybe done (anyone fancy Gibbo & Stratt's on Hawkins & Pods for example?).

Here's hoping the opportunity is the making of a player.

What a curse.

All the best for a speedy and full recovery Schoey! Such bad luck for him and the club. I can't believe our bad luck with serious injuries over the past 18 months.

Really disappointed for Schoey, having done an ACL myself you could just tell by the look on his face that he knew he had done it, just shattered for him, wishing him a speedy recovery, when we see big Schoey again he will be another summer better off in the gym and will be a beast for us, looking forward to it already

Does anyone think now we should start putting AFL games into Kelly against the lesser teams ? and Brand ?
No x2.

Litherland has been one of the best for BHH this year so he'd be in before Kelly and Spangher is the next replacement beyond Litherland before we look to Kelly. Give him some time to develop in the VFL before throwing him to the wolves.

Brand is still a couple of development years away from being considered AFL standard. The club admitted it when they drafted him and you'll see this when you see him play. Good judge of flight, but not a good kick and still very skinny.

Why do people think that our training is to blame for the amount of ACLs?

Is there any evidence in our training style/patterns/regimens to support this?

How does it compare to other clubs over a 12-18 month period?

Mark Evans made a comment after Suckling went down that they don't believe the ACL injuries (WX etc) could have been avoided but they will be reviewing training etc to be thorough, you don't need a witch hunt but you do need to review and see if some things can be done better.

People just make sh.t up. Its just bad luck nothing to do with how they train, or what they eat, or how they sleep, or how they walk, or how they talk........well you get where I am going here.

Maybe they should not play at all, just in case they get injured...... What a crock!

These things happen in a contact sport. Get over it!

As Hodgey once said in an interview, Savage has all the tools to be a really good footballer.

The problem with Sav is he is stuck in his head. He needs to stop thinking, and just experience the game for what it is. The coaches could help this process by occasionally changing his role, but by and large, its up to him.
I agree it is a confidence issue assuming he is 100% fit. I also agree it is up to Savage to make the most of his opportunities, but I also think there are better ways to get him into form than giving him the green vest or sending him to BH.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back