MRP / Trib. Schofield squirts his way out of trouble, free to play

Remove this Banner Ad

Awkward moment Simmo drops Schofield this week
Odds are in his favour to play.
I think Hurn being out (and Nelson not due back) Kennedy still out (gov forward again) will all add up to save him. Schoey's run will be useful against the bulldogs.
Wellingham the other backman to consider..
+ what a week, he might snare a coaches vote this week (no chance a brownlow vote with the Wipeout of Rosebury)

Would it not be wiser to argue that he injured himself in the countless ground level contests though? Saying 'nah he ran into me' seems like a shitty hill to die on.
I guess the running into Schofield was more contemporaneous to the elbow/forearm. The likely rebuttal to the ground level contest argument is they weren't contemporaneous and he would have clearly known if he had already been carrying the sore jaw prior to the elbow/forearm.

As hilariously good as this thread has been at taking the piss, this is a massively valid point.

Quotes are, essentially, self reporting. You're asked your opinion on an incident, you respond. Medical self reporting is by and large the exact same thing. How can one be admissible and the other not?
Because Oliver is not in the "court" they may consider his statements (even though recorded) to be hearsay and the medical reports may fall within an exception to the hearsay rule regarding contemporaneous representations about a persons health, state of feelings etc. I have no idea what rules the tribunal operates under but this could be the reasoning. Why Oliver isn't called to give direct evidence is beyond me though.

Our man the QC did over Roseberry well and truly - then the Judges agreed - you got it wrong dude, no idea. don't panic next time.
Same could be said about the tankers 'medical report'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

91bfa527616818863ad5fe1b9d75b703659122e9e1226cf3bba08489158886b9.jpg

It's going to be hard on Schoey in front of their hostile 20,000 strong crowd at the MCG. Probably best to not play him that week...

Thinking of the marshmallow throwing that Oliver should get (if it didn't mean getting evicted), it reminded me of Sheedy getting the treatment after a finals loss in 1998. Was funny to watch the video of it.

Alice Springs - where marshmallows would melt before being thrown. Not sure if Oliver wouldn't collapse under the weight of a half-melted marshmallow though.

He'd be "rested" that week, his fair skin would struggle in Alice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back