Toast Schofield - Where does he sit.

Remove this Banner Ad

This is where the WAFL stand alone team becomes important for players like Schofield and, arguably, LeCras and perhaps Jetta, as they get older and gradually replaced.

This team needs to be seen as part of the Eagles and these guys need recognition in a mentoring role for the young guys coming through. It shouldn't be seen as a demotion but rather helping securing the future of the club.

That time he outmarked De Goey (looks like they were chatting to each other all game)

That time he bumped Mihocek (I think it was him)

That time he got a late fist in on De Goey x2

That time he got a fist in on Sidebottom x2

The bloke played 100% TOG, looked absolutely spent out there. Barely touched it but all his disposal was perfect when he did. 0 turnovers. 2 contested marks. 5 intercepts. 0 frees against. 11 one percenters!

That time he outmarked De Goey (looks like they were chatting to each other all game)

That time he bumped Mihocek (I think it was him)

That time he got a late fist in on De Goey x2

That time he got a fist in on Sidebottom x2

The bloke played 100% TOG, looked absolutely spent out there. Barely touched it but all his disposal was perfect when he did. 0 turnovers. 2 contested marks. 5 intercepts. 0 frees against. 11 one percenters!
Almost the perfect defenders game

Will continue to be 3rd choice tall unfortunately unless we need to play taller in defence or a medium defender is out and he's the best available option.
He played on sidebottom at times...

It's a myth that a tall cant play on a small....sure hes not first choice with everyone available but we need depth..sure allen will get game time too...

But hes still valuable like I said about lecras...Schofield is in our best 25-27 players..
Or what I call "in the mix"

Was ******* fantastic today. I love Sheppard as much as the next guy, but I don't think even he would have done a better job than Schofield did today. I doubt he'll be preferred over Sheppard, Barrass or McGovern moving forward but would love to retain him so he can keep putting pressure on them to perform.
Yup agree....totally

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Purchased a 31 jersey in 2011 and haven’t regretted it. Has overcome a lot, quite publicly too, with a few deaths in his immediate circle.

Always wanted him tried on the wing because he’s one of the more confident players in taking a grab and wheeling back inside to play on, but his one on one defensive work has come on leaps and bounds over recent years. Hopefully he remains a one club player as he is such a great skill set to cover the absence of Barrass, Gov, Shep, Hurn etc.

Love you Schoey.

2db1bf60c13b04a0317691d5cebd0028.jpg

we love barrass and gov for their ability to intercept and counter, but schoey basically never loses the 1 on 1s. so many times i thought he was beaten but he somehow manages to get a fist on the footy.

He’s not as good as Darren glass was but geez his athleticism is under sold

Fantastic game. Composure under pressure.

Asked to look after De Goey and other very capable mid sized forwards.

Was a rock.

Well played and well deserved premiership player.

Was never worried about him....cole made me nervous

He’s experienced ..

As Much as i felt for Shep missing out through injury i was never worried that it would cost us as i thought Schoey would play that role well was actually very unlucky to be dropped in the 1st place and Simmo said it was one of the hardest things he has had to do as a coach. Was immense all day and didn't lose a contest, Degoey kicked his goals from the midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back