School Oral Presentation on AFL Expansion

Would you be in favour of AFL Expansion?

• No Expansion

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Australia Only

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • International Expansion

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

magpienato

The Swooping Magpie
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Toronto Raptors,Melbourne Renegades
Thread starter #1
G'day guys,

Sorry if this is the wrong sub forum but For English we have to do a Point of view oral presentation about a particular topic in the Australian media. Because I spend half my time on this form I decided to do mine about AFL Expansion because why not.

For my contention (my opinion on the issue), I chose to say that the AFL should not waste resources expanding the game but rather should focus on nurturing the game where it already exists. (Essentially just the traditionalist stance)

Anyway, I was hoping that with the power of BigFooty I could get some ideas for arguments which I could use to help my case. What are some arguments that support the idea that the AFL should not expand?

Cheers :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

didaksrightfoot

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Juventus
So is this how people do research now?

You really should try and find information that is officially documented somewhere. BF is not a source. If you want ideas to get you started - search the dozens of threads already available.

harrythetiger

Summited Everest 30/9/17
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers

sobrave

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So is this how people do research now?

You really should try and find information that is officially documented somewhere. BF is not a source. If you want ideas to get you started - search the dozens of threads already available.
its high school you dont need sources

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scary_Foot_9

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham, Cubs, Leafs, Ravens
The expansion of the game by revenue hungry jackals looking to get into the NSW and QLD T.V. markets just so another Sportsbet ad can be seen is an affront to the great game we all love. While Gil was pleasuring himself silly at the sheer audacity and genius of AFLX a youth in Tasmaina chose to pick up video game console controller instead of a Sherrin. The neglect of the fledgling Tasmanian junior competitions is just the first of many in traditional footy heartlands. Soon local councils all across the southern states will make millions selling of the land that used to be used for local footy ovals. In a short time the game will only be played by those who to attend an APS school or are lucky enough to be sired by a former AFL player.

I hope my perspective was dystopic enough for you.

I want to be quoted correctly in your Bibliography.

Last edited:

Adz

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
God you people are harsh.

Start by researching membership and fried figures of expansion teams.

Tv ratings in NSW/Qld.

I disagree with your contention but I’m sure you can find enough to support your claim

rippersnipper

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's a bit of an obscure topic imo, mate. It isn't in the media consistently and most English teachers (well mine anyway) don't give enough of a shit about footy to mark something like that with any proper effort. I'd be looking at something with more depth and prominence...that involves major societal issues.

If you really want to do it though; look at supporter figures, club expenses and revenues, the markets...obviously interstate, etc. Then base your contention on that.

Snake_Baker

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Pfffft, as if!
For my contention (my opinion on the issue), I chose to say that the AFL should not waste resources expanding the game but rather should focus on nurturing the game where it already exists. (Essentially just the traditionalist stance)
This is a failed economic argument from the outset buddy.

Pick another issue.

Bojangles17

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
G'day guys,

Sorry if this is the wrong sub forum but For English we have to do a Point of view oral presentation about a particular topic in the Australian media. Because I spend half my time on this form I decided to do mine about AFL Expansion because why not.

Anyway, I was hoping that with the power of BigFooty I could get some ideas for arguments which I could use to help my case. What are some arguments that support the idea that the AFL should not expand?

Cheers :)
I would have taken the other side. Have you ever heard of populate or perish , google it

Top Bottom