Society/Culture School principal makes boys apologize for............being born male.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure what to make of the MRA movement. Extremities of the MRA and feminism scare me.

The MRA shitosphere has its own hierarchy of grifters, promoters of grifters, and mug punters.

It’s the “internet marketing” scam all over again.

The MRA shitosphere has its own hierarchy of grifters, promoters of grifters, and mug punters.

It’s the “internet marketing” scam all over again.
No doubt. On the other end of the spectrum, I found the female dating strategy subreddit an interesting read.

I presume both MRA and FRA groups are radicalising kids. There's a place for rights advocates of each gender.
I don't get why the 2 groups are "enemies" (or so we are taught). I think every reasonable person should have a certain degree of MRA/feminist in them. I think conservatives tend to focus on the grievances of their own "kind" whilst progressives tend to focus on the grievances of demographics that they deem to be oppressed.

1617671259315.png

Been living in a tent, quite happily, only heard about the assembly apology yesterday.

Clumsy stuff. Good intentions can lead to atrocities like Tony Abbott parading around in skimpy swimwear, and the gender-based apology also missed the mark, but the shrill hysteria of some lovelies in this thread takes the drama a bit too far.

There are some hard questions, but listening to 'ordinary' people more will hopefully help us to sort them.

MRA groups and advocates are not, in my view, any part of the answer. They a poisoned and poisonous. That doesn't deny that they operate from a position of genuine concern, but the worldview which guides that concern has been shaped by bitterness and hostility.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's your view on whether teenage boys are better off being taught by male teachers?

From my experience it didn't matter in the classroom whether the teacher was male or female. It was the extra-curricula activity that made a difference. And not really about resilience but setting a good example.

Our English teacher took us camping and hiking. He didn't make a big deal of it when on the first night we were still running around the campsite at 2am, knowing we would be passed out by 9pm the next night. Our Geography teacher ran the music club. He introduced us to some great bands but also gave us some responsibility in running the club. Another male teacher taught us the basics of cricket and ran the computer club.

In general, I don't think female teachers have the same degree of association that teenage boys have with male teachers.
Not at all - I think a mix is important and gender has no correlation to the ability of a teacher to teach or develop a connection with students.
Taking an interest in who they are, their goals and overall wellbeing will build a genuine association far quicker than whichever gender you are.

In my experience, the teachers who have been able to deal most effectively with severe behaviourally challenging boys (oft diagnosed with ODD) have been stern, no-nonsense women. As a man, you are often seen as a threat to these students.

Is it radicalising kids on a massive scale across the world?
Isn’t the whole point of the above video, that it is ok for the media to focus solely on female rights, whilst the very real issues re: men’s rights are largely ignored?

Due to a lack of mainstream exposure, the MRA go underground and all of a sudden they are radicalising kids.

Isn’t the whole point of the above video, that it is ok for the media to focus solely on female rights, whilst the very real issues re: men’s rights are largely ignored?
Didn't we just have a footy game dedicated to the issue of men's mental health that was driven by a group of women?

There are always articles in the news about men's suicide rates - they are not ignored.

There are also many programs and initiatives that focus on the wellbeing and health of men - none of them advocate joining an online He-Man Woman-Haters Club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back