Society/Culture School principal makes boys apologize for............being born male.

Remove this Banner Ad

“Posters referring to police were created in February this year as part of a pre-learning activity aimed at identifying what year 5 and 6 students knew before they started studying contemporary Aboriginal history. As part of their critical thinking, students were asked to write down all the issues they have heard from the mainstream news, other information sources or commentary. The comments on the posters were not taught to students.”

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...ng-ignited-a-media-storm-20210421-p57l2c.html

Personally, I'd suggest it's probably not an appropriate topic for Grade 5-6 kids - as most kids that age lack the analytical/critical thinking skills to truly understand and evaluate the issues, historical contexts, and viewpoints involved in BLM.

It is, however, a topic that would be covered in Years 7-10 despite the asinine protestations that schools must remain 'apolitical'.
David Elliott is happy for children to be strip searched by cops. I'm not sure he's really any judge on what is age appropriate and what isn't.

I recently saw an ad on tv for "dads for kids", an ad encouraging fathers to be active in their kids' lives and be positive role models. I have no argument that there are not some campaigner dads out there but there are also some very toxic mothers, some of whom I, as a teacher, I have to deal with on a regular basis. Where's their ad?

I recently saw an ad on tv for "dads for kids", an ad encouraging fathers to be active in their kids' lives and be positive role models. I have no argument that there are not some campaigner dads out there but there are also some very toxic mothers, some of whom I, as a teacher, I have to deal with on a regular basis. Where's their ad?
You should hear the foul language by the single mother next door to me directs at her young children. I swear she once screamed "Or you will be dead!". I know the older boy aged 6 from swimming lessons too, he is lovely and well behaved. Kids like that deserve better.

You should hear the foul language by the single mother next door to me directs at her young children. I swear she once screamed "Or you will be dead!". I know the older boy aged 6 from swimming lessons too, he is lovely and well behaved. Kids like that deserve better.

The woman across the road from me constantly screams at her kids.

It’s far more likely to be the dad who has to be out of the house 10-12 hours a day isn’t it?

No social cred for that though

It’s far more likely to be the dad who has to be out of the house 10-12 hours a day isn’t it?
100%, in my experience they are also usually the parent that is up early on a Saturday taking their kids to sport.

Good article about the nsw rights usual " ZOMG THIS IS TEH WORSSSSSST THING EVARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR " bullshit

Elliott followed up his 2GB interview with appearances on both Channel Seven’s Sunrise and Channel Nine’s Today, accusing the school of “indoctrination” and declaring that “we don’t have a race problem here in Australia”.

None of the interviews conducted with Elliott on Wednesday morning went to the substantive issues raised by the Black Lives Matter movement, despite the fact the biggest story in the world at the exact same time was Chauvin’s guilty verdict. Nor did they provide the perspective of the school.

100%, in my experience they are also usually the parent that is up early on a Saturday taking their kids to sport.
Yes - that’s what they are promoting. Quality time.

What of the kids who don’t do any weekend sport? Separated parents? And so on.

If you’re a dad who does spend good time with your kids, the campaign is not about you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes - that’s what they are promoting. Quality time.

What of the kids who don’t do any weekend sport? Separated parents? And so on.

If you’re a dad who does spend good time with your kids, the campaign is not about you.
What's your point?

Give us some examples?
The Catholic School system?

Just about any religious school system, really.

Any private school "turning boys into men" type stuff.

John Paul College was notorious for their "you are a student 24 hours a day" and anything they did "reflected on the school" whether they were in uniform, on their way to or from school or whatever. If you were seen at a party on the weekend smoking or drinking, you were in trouble at school on Monday. So they had a little dobbing culture. This was supposed to impress good morals on the kids. Thing is they were insane once they got out of high school and started drinking.

The Catholic School system?

Just about any religious school system, really.

Any private school "turning boys into men" type stuff.

John Paul College was notorious for their "you are a student 24 hours a day" and anything they did "reflected on the school" whether they were in uniform, on their way to or from school or whatever. If you were seen at a party on the weekend smoking or drinking, you were in trouble at school on Monday. So they had a little dobbing culture. This was supposed to impress good morals on the kids. Thing is they were insane once they got out of high school and started drinking.

There's a big difference between looking out for them and telling them they're oppressors.

I couldn't tell you the motto of my daughters' school, they're certainly not being indoctrinated in anything other than their studies.

There's also a big difference between a Catholic School being run in line with a Catholic doctrine and a public school having outside facilitators coming in to single out their male students and tell them they're beasts.

funny these bigots talking about oppression especially on days like ANZAC day

though Jacinta found the courage to give women special praise and mention in her speech...all that blood they spilt on the cove

Remove this Banner Ad

Back