Society/Culture School principal makes boys apologize for............being born male.

Remove this Banner Ad

Herald Sun Education Reporter Suzan Delibasic says a Kingston City Council youth worker has told Year 11 boys to stand up and labelled them "oppressors" if they were Christian, white and male. Ms Delibasic said the kids at Parkdale Secondary College were left "shocked" by the situation. "They were completely shocked and just so disheartened," she said. "Parents are disgusted, the community in Kingston is reeling, it's just caused a lot of anger amongst everybody in the school community." Ms Delibasic said the school did not know the situation was going to take place. "They have already, as I understand it, lodged a formal complaint with the council, and they're asking for it to be investigated," she said. "Last night I spoke to a female student, she's 16, and she said they were terrified to stand up and say anything. "At the start, they thought it was a joke and they thought this can't be serious, this is so messed up. "They were too afraid to stand up because they didn't want to be labelled as homophobia and they didn't want to be labelled as anything else."

Please explain to me how you promote diversity and inclusion by singling out a particular group?
No, that's not the issue. So many times we get these outrage headlines and it turns out to be slightly more edgy than an episode of Happy Days. Because of this I ask about the context and facts.

Herald Sun Education Reporter Suzan Delibasic says a Kingston City Council youth worker has told Year 11 boys to stand up and labelled them "oppressors" if they were Christian, white and male. Ms Delibasic said the kids at Parkdale Secondary College were left "shocked" by the situation. "They were completely shocked and just so disheartened," she said. "Parents are disgusted, the community in Kingston is reeling, it's just caused a lot of anger amongst everybody in the school community." Ms Delibasic said the school did not know the situation was going to take place. "They have already, as I understand it, lodged a formal complaint with the council, and they're asking for it to be investigated," she said. "Last night I spoke to a female student, she's 16, and she said they were terrified to stand up and say anything. "At the start, they thought it was a joke and they thought this can't be serious, this is so messed up. "They were too afraid to stand up because they didn't want to be labelled as homophobia and they didn't want to be labelled as anything else."
That's just stupid. There's an "r" word for it, but I don't use that word.

See, s**t like this will make home-schooling far more preferable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No. It definitely is the issue.
*User posts outrage headline*

Me: "What actually happened?"

Others: "HOW CAN U DEFEND DIS???"

Me: "No I just want to know the facts, given history of bullshit headlines."

Others: "NO U DEFENDED DIS WOKE FING!!!!1111"

Me:

Me:

"DIS"? "U"? Please, I'm much better than that. You see I, like yourself no doubt, was taught English and Maths as a priority when I was in school.

Just face it. This woke, political garbage does not belong in schools. Especially Primary Schools!

"DIS"? "U"? Please, I'm much better than that. You see I, like yourself no doubt, was taught English and Maths as a priority when I was in school.

Just face it. This woke, political garbage does not belong in schools. Especially Primary Schools!
Spot on, my youngest grandchild is in year 5 and thankfully I haven't heard anything to suggest it is infecting her school(State School) up here in Brisbane.

Me:

Not a hope in Hell Batman barracks for Carlton.

Victim now. lol
When you see a headline like that, it fits into your preconceptions. So you don't ask questions.

It doesn't fit into mine, so I ask questions... like "what actually happened".

See, sh*t like this will make home-schooling far more preferable.

I feel like the lack of interaction with other kids their age negates any benefits that homeschooling provides.

I'm trying to encourage my young bloke to question things in a general sense and not take on everything a teacher tells them, if kids have a critical mind teachers can say what they want and they'll take it with a grain of salt.

Sounds like an outside facilitator went way off-script - not a great situation but hardly a trend of "public schools attacking white male students" as the narrative in this thread would suggest.

Sometimes you want an outside facilitator to be a little bit different/off-beat to connect with the students - Glenn Manton is probably the most authentic 'talking head' I've seen come through the schools as a presenter - and he is a bit of a strange cat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back