Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
Today's headline in the Age about Scientology is just another brick in the wall that demonstrates that our lawmakers are gutless and lazy and probably open to corruption.

I have no beef with Scientology. If people want to give their money away to organisations and be subject to brain washing, it's fine by me.

However, whenever you're running a business in this country, you should pay taxes. That includes mining companies, jeff bezos, the catholic church or some looney tunes sect. Scientology stared down the US tax man several years ago and got a tax-free status. I have no idea how it got that status here but a few drinks in a canberra bar would usually suffice.
Now tom cruise realises that we are an even better location than the virgin island or the isle of man to dump his and his mates excess profits.

The problem with this crowd is that, as the wealth grows here, so does its ability to lean on our gutless pollies. This means that they can have an effect on sane people in this country. They need to be taxed. I would tax all religions. Taxing acts like one of those mosquito sprays in marshy areas - it doesn't totally kill the vermin but it keeps it under control.

Agree wholeheartedly, particularly when you consider the despicable crimes they have committed over the years.

Only query is what does this have to do with football? Or were you intending include a line about the bombers and their dipping scandal to go with the Catholic Church and their crimes?

Today's headline in the Age about Scientology is just another brick in the wall that demonstrates that our lawmakers are gutless and lazy and probably open to corruption.

I have no beef with Scientology. If people want to give their money away to organisations and be subject to brain washing, it's fine by me.

However, whenever you're running a business in this country, you should pay taxes. That includes mining companies, jeff bezos, the catholic church or some looney tunes sect. Scientology stared down the US tax man several years ago and got a tax-free status. I have no idea how it got that status here but a few drinks in a canberra bar would usually suffice.
Now tom cruise realises that we are an even better location than the virgin island or the isle of man to dump his and his mates excess profits.

The problem with this crowd is that, as the wealth grows here, so does its ability to lean on our gutless pollies. This means that they can have an effect on sane people in this country. They need to be taxed. I would tax all religions. Taxing acts like one of those mosquito sprays in marshy areas - it doesn't totally kill the vermin but it keeps it under control.

They need to be cancelled, not taxed.

I don’t disagree with this either, however that would be very dictatorial. Freedom is an important thing, as the OP said if people want to subject themselves to it, that is their problem. Tax them though!

It's not just their problem. Scientology is a scam, and the head honchos are bottom feeders. They prey on the vulnerable. It's financially ruined many people - and no doubt destroyed families caused many people to take their lives. They brainwash children. Cancelling it is a no brainer to me, but that's just me.

The founder Ron Hubbard was famous for saying, - 'The best way to make money is to start a religion'.
When he died the toxicology report found him to have had a cocktail of medicines in his system, antithical to the way of life practiced in scientology.

Just cancel it.

Agree wholeheartedly, particularly when you consider the despicable crimes they have committed over the years.

Only query is what does this have to do with football? Or were you intending include a line about the bombers and their dipping scandal to go with the Catholic Church and their crimes?
They bought their HQ which is in essendon area from the Catholics. So well done.

It's not just their problem. Scientology is a scam, and the head honchos are bottom feeders. They prey on the vulnerable. It's financially ruined many people - and no doubt destroyed families caused many people to take their lives. They brainwash children. Cancelling it is a no brainer to me, but that's just me.

The founder Ron Hubbard was famous for saying, - 'The best way to make money is to start a religion'.
When he died the toxicology report found him to have had a cocktail of medicines in his system, antithical to the way of life practiced in scientology.

Just cancel it.
How is this different from the Catholics and pedophilia, the Jews and apartheid, Islam and extremism...I don’t think any of them do us favours.

I’m don’t disagree with you that Scientology is a cult, it’s just less mainstream than the more established religions. So if you cancel one, cancel them all.

How is this different from the Catholics and pedophilia, the Jews and apartheid, Islam and extremism...I don’t think any of them do us favours.

I’m don’t disagree with you that Scientology is a cult, it’s just less mainstream than the more established religions. So if you cancel one, cancel them all.

Cancel is a terrible word because of the connotations with the people who use it so I probably should use a better word. I'm not a religous man, but truth is Scientology is really only there for one thing, that's your wallet, so it above all others, should be abolished.

So you're saying you think we should've selected Greenwood to tag Neale tonight. I don't mind your thinking there. Love Greenwood when he tags. It's a frustration that Bucks hasn't used him more in that role over the years.

Ps... Your post comes across as a bit misscientologistic to me. Scientologists are the lizard people who shapeshift as humans right? They always cop it just because they're different and green. If we truly are a tolerant society then it's time we stopped this kind of prejudice.

So you're saying you think we should've selected Greenwood to tag Neale tonight. I don't mind your thinking there. Love Greenwood when he tags. It's a frustration that Bucks hasn't used him more in that role over the years.

Ps... Your post comes across as a bit misscientologistic to me. Scientologists are the lizard people who shapeshift as humans right? They always cop it just because they're different and green. If we truly are a tolerant society then it's time we stopped this kind of prejudice.

I think we need more lizard people in team. I don't wanna stereo type but they usually take great hangers. (thank you and good night)

Selective intolerance is a common feature of today's society.

I have similar thoughts to you about neale but I'll leave them for a footy thread.

As for prejudice, I did say that i'm not really interested in what they do amongst themselves. I might have an opinion about it but they can ignore me as I ignore their stuff.

There are always problems with individual rights in a society, and the problem arises with religions or sects when they recruit. For me, the same goes for drug dealing. if you take drugs or sell to adults, then I'm ok with that. People can chose to escape reality in any way they feel the need. However, I wouldnt like scientologists to have access to my children. Children are impressionable and that is why these religions and sects like to get them in young. I draw the line there.

The other line is paying taxes, access to politicians etc. I'm a firm believer in equality in these things. I dont like seeing any religion or scientologist not paying tax. They make money on preying on people so they should pay tax... just like any other business that preys on the weak.

Now I see myself as being far more tolerant than most people. I certainly wouldnt pick on scientologists any more than long-running religious groups like catholics. I would argue that catholics have done some good in some areas. The education of their children is a recruitment exercise and i'm not sure I would give it a tax break, even though the catholic system might take some of the load off the state system. Things are never simple in that regard. However, with scientology it is more simple, because the focus on profits is more obvious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hit the wrong button.... my apologies to all. I dont start threads much these days. In fact, I have probably started a dozen over the years.

It should be in the magpie nest section

I have similar thoughts to you about neale but I'll leave them for a footy thread.

As for prejudice, I did say that i'm not really interested in what they do amongst themselves. I might have an opinion about it but they can ignore me as I ignore their stuff.

There are always problems with individual rights in a society, and the problem arises with religions or sects when they recruit. For me, the same goes for drug dealing. if you take drugs or sell to adults, then I'm ok with that. People can chose to escape reality in any way they feel the need. However, I wouldnt like scientologists to have access to my children. Children are impressionable and that is why these religions and sects like to get them in young. I draw the line there.

The other line is paying taxes, access to politicians etc. I'm a firm believer in equality in these things. I dont like seeing any religion or scientologist not paying tax. They make money on preying on people so they should pay tax... just like any other business that preys on the weak.

Now I see myself as being far more tolerant than most people. I certainly wouldnt pick on scientologists any more than long-running religious groups like catholics. I would argue that catholics have done some good in some areas. The education of their children is a recruitment exercise and i'm not sure I would give it a tax break, even though the catholic system might take some of the load off the state system. Things are never simple in that regard. However, with scientology it is more simple, because the focus on profits is more obvious.

Ok
What are your thoughts on Owl worshipers?

Thank god! It's been moved to the right place. I must thank god for the moderators. I pray for them every night... I will be providing my bank details later this month

All religions use brainwashing, theres no difference between volcano aliens and a sky wizard who impregnates a virgin with a magical baby
corse their is!.. chalk and cheese, they're completely different. Obviously!

Also, I'm pretty sure the sky wizard didn't get consent before he impregnated the virgin so that would make him a rapist. If you think about it, this could explain the rampant rape culture we apparently have according to the media. I mean, when more than half the population worship a rapist it's asking for trouble isn't it.

Probably open to corruption? That's an under statement

All religions are cults are they not? When you ask your followers to suspend rational thought and to believe obvious nonsense and then ask them for their money and often for their bodies, then that's a cult. But the modern religions like Scientology and Mormonism are even more bat s**t crazy than most. It really is hard to believe that Scientologist grand pooba, L Ron Hubbard could convince millions of others that in a far away galaxy, a galactic overlord called Zenu sent inhabitants in spaceships to earth, some 75,000,000 years ago. You'd have to be crazy to make this stuff up in the beginning, but for people to follow this stuff it's totally amazing. It's also very sad that crazy, gullible people get trapped inside such cruel cults. And I haven't even mentioned Mormons in their magic underpants!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back