ScoMo's 2018 Federal Budget

Remove this Banner Ad

Lost of leaks already. Also scepticism about the numbers. Usual budget s**t.

A constant theme is that revenue is better than expected from commodity prices.

Will ScoMo piss this short gain down the dunnie like Howard and Costello did before him?
I would prefer both parties pay down debt than tax cuts.

Who know what revenues will exist in the future?

Was looking at the world debt clock recently especially Australia, pretty scary for future generations. (Although not as bad as the USA).:eek:

Apparently it costs $241M, nearly 1/4 of a billion dollars, to bring down the cost of one drug from $367,850 per year to $39.50 per script in one country...

That is, for the same price of the human genome project you could get a few discounted drugs from the pharmaceutical industry. The Apollo program or half a dozen discounted drugs? Manhattan Project (there’s a controversial one)? The cost to eradicate smallpox? Large hadron collider? The entire annual Australian Federal Gubmint Science budget?

Surely they are going about it the wrong way in the pharmaceutical industry and there are much easier ways to research and develop drugs. Here are some of my suggestions to reduce costs.

RupieDupie’s common sense suggestions to reduce drug development costs;

1) Don’t use the Mars rover to collect samples from Mars for assaying of potential starter products
2) Diamonds can now be synthesised so there is no need to mine into the mantle to recover eclogite to manufacture a syringe
3) Although hiring the Taj Mahal for a year to use as a laboratory seems like an attractive idea it is probably more appropriate to use an every day chemistry laboratory like they did back in the ‘30s
4) The Large Hadron Collider has more value used to discover exotic particles rather than being utilised as a centrifuge
5) Paper was invented years ago and there is no need to use bar mitzvahed foreskins

Apparently it costs $241M, nearly 1/4 of a billion dollars, to bring down the cost of one drug from $367,850 per year to $39.50 per script in one country...

That is, for the same price of the human genome project you could get a few discounted drugs from the pharmaceutical industry. The Apollo program or half a dozen discounted drugs? Manhattan Project (there’s a controversial one)? The cost to eradicate smallpox? Large hadron collider? The entire annual Australian Federal Gubmint Science budget?

Surely they are going about it the wrong way in the pharmaceutical industry and there are much easier ways to research and develop drugs. Here are some of my suggestions to reduce costs.

RupieDupie’s common sense suggestions to reduce drug development costs;

1) Don’t use the Mars rover to collect samples from Mars for assaying of potential starter products
2) Diamonds can now be synthesised so there is no need to mine into the mantle to recover eclogite to manufacture a syringe
3) Although hiring the Taj Mahal for a year to use as a laboratory seems like an attractive idea it is probably more appropriate to use an every day chemistry laboratory like they did back in the ‘30s
4) The Large Hadron Collider has more value used to discover exotic particles rather than being utilised as a centrifuge
5) Paper was invented years ago and there is no need to use bar mitzvahed foreskins

Yep these are the signs of the times when we’re trying to solve these kinds of problems.

And here we are again pretending like Scott “I’m the real Jesus” Morrison actually has any issues to contend with in delivering a balanced budget. Just don’t factor in the people who demand $200M each and the budget will be in surplus by the 9th of May 2018.

But I suppose it’s not far-fetched having a treasurer who believes that a God he made up actually exists, believing that his buddies can’t get through a day on the same salary as the GDP of an Eastern European country.

One of them is wrong.

First Home Buyers realise they will never be able to afford a house, therefore they will never be first home buyers so they need a different moniker.
Why because they are to busy eating out & having smashed avocado every day?

It’s seriously never been easier to bug a house when all these government grant!
You lot except everything handed to you and whinge when it isnt

The irony is from you lefty loons and labor fans! Mocking the budget
It’s not like labor have ever left power with a budget in surplus!
Really they haven’t!

It's a joke ffs
Lighten up you sour campaigner

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg

It’s seriously never been easier to bug a house when all these government grant!

Who's you lot? What have I asked to have handed to me?

What a strange response to what I posted.

It was a lot easier to buy a house in the late 90's, stuff the grants - it is the cost versus income equation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LEFTY LOON THOUGH !!!!!!!!!!!!
Yup the ignorant, indignant, quick-to anger Alan Jones listening table-thumpers are always good for a quick rant on these boards, never seems to get less amusing.

Back on topic, seems like the budget might be a little bit of everything to everyone which will make either the "yay it's great" vs the "it's terrible" commentary that seems to follow budgets even more inaccurate than usual this year.

I don't mind the infrastructure spending - we're still at record low interest rates and a soft economy in some sectors so nation-building while providing employment in a low-rate environment is good policy, even if there is a bit of a pork-barrel smell about it.

Tax cuts for low income earners stimulates the economy as low income earners are more likely to spend any tax savings than high income earners (who invest it) so there is a flow on effect, and the real cost is hard to measure given a reasonable chunk of that will flow back into government revenue.

The devil will be in the detail.

Go old Pete reinventing himself. Blew-it when times were good when we should have been future proofing the economy. Then cut and ran.

He nailed it AMan. Even with Costello’s imaginary structural deficit we should only be about 30 to 40 billion dollars in debt today. That is nothing compared to nearly $600b.

Tax cuts for low income earners stimulates the economy as low income earners are more likely to spend any tax savings than high income earners (who invest it) so there is a flow on effect, and the real cost is hard to measure given a reasonable chunk of that will flow back into government revenue.

The devil will be in the detail.
Yet you looney left we’re up in arms the business tax cuts, then tow out the same dribble the LNP used that you mocked!

A taxing of $10 a week will not go anywhere and not increase spending! It should have been spared and help pay down the debt of the country!

Your post is the same usual crap That the left play! Bitch and moan yet never offer anything useful

Yet you looney left we’re up in arms the business tax cuts, then tow out the same dribble the LNP used that you mocked!

A taxing of $10 a week will not go anywhere and not increase spending! It should have been spared and help pay down the debt of the country!

Your post is the same usual crap That the left play! Bitch and moan yet never offer anything useful
LOONEY LEFT THOUGH !!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back