Opinion Scooter Selwood: Our new barometer?

Remove this Banner Ad

Most impressive thing about his last fortnight has been nailing two difficult set shots when the team has needed them.

He was always going to bring tenacity and hardness but I'm surprised at what else he's provided.

Probably not the barometer, but definitely lifts our intensity at the contest, and yes, I said it last week, it will raise our tackle counts throughout the team as it becomes infectious for others to follow suit. Blokes like Darcy Lang and Murdoch can slightly sit outside the contest, but now they are harassing and tackling more because of Scooter no doubts.

Duncan is a barometer for sure, he can hurt the opposition on the outside.

I have been pleasantly surprised how important he is to our team; somewhere on this board earlier this season, we were told he was finished, down the same path as HMc and Clark, and for a while, it looked forlorn. But having 2 amazing Selwoods that are fit is going to do our flag chances no harm at all.
But Joel is still our - whatever you call it- when he is on, we are on. When he is tagged, our team looks listless. He is just amazing. Great news that Scooter is only just behind him.

I heard Brad Johnson mention on Fox this week - maybe on league teams? That Scooter was his BOG for pre season before he had that toe issue. So sounds like he has put in the work and hopefully he gets a good run at it.. bias aside he clearly deserves it after the injuries he has had in his career

I heard Brad Johnson mention on Fox this week - maybe on league teams? That Scooter was his BOG for pre season before he had that toe issue. So sounds like he has put in the work and hopefully he gets a good run at it.. bias aside he clearly deserves it after the injuries he has had in his career
Was League Teams - rated him #1 at GFC preseason. Stand out by a mile.

I'll take it.

And with the Crows game then the bye, his return timing has mapped out well. The week off cant hurt anyone at this stage.

GO Catters

well at least he spells the death of the GHS experiment, barring injury of course.
Yep but this could be the problem for us. It's not so much we rely on Dangerwood but instead the full group of Selwood x2, Dangerfield, Duncan and Menegola. If they're all there could argue we have the best midfield in the comp. Right down to Menegola as soon as one comes out we have people like GHS or Blics playing pure mid which has not always lent itself to good team results. Ballance tipped out, over reliance on too few begins and frustrating performances happen.

The shut down play who could win us a flag .....
Not only does he shut down players but will win his own footy also!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scooter was an absolute boom recruit. What did we pay for him? Weagles were talking it up I remember.

Go cats!

Nothing-they got a compo pick about pick 35.

Some of his ball and all barrel tackles tonight were outstanding but his field kicking and running were better than i expected. If he stays fit i think he can return to some of his best 2012/13 form and will be crucial for us in the finals.

No coincidence i think that our tackling and defensive pressure have been at their best since he has been back.

Shame Bob's not here. Cooked apparently...

Gave Sloane a bath.
There were a few murmurings on this board that his recruitment was largely down to surname alone. As long as his body holds up he looks like being a success story. Performing as he is, it makes the difference between our midfield being imbalanced and clicking perfectly.

There were a few murmurings on this board that his recruitment was largely down to surname alone.
Beat me to it. Laughable. He's just an excellent tough footballer.

Beat me to it. Laughable. He's just an excellent tough footballer.
Yeah where is that old thread where it seemed half the posters were labelling it a dud trade similar to the McIntosh one. s**t footballers do not win AFL best and fairest awards. That includes Blicavs.

Yeah where is that old thread where it seemed half the posters were labelling it a dud trade similar to the McIntosh one. s**t footballers do not win AFL best and fairest awards. That includes Blicavs.

Couldnt have said it better myself.

It was just a matter of getting his body right and i think the softer Melbourne grounds will help greatly .....
If the club can manage him and keep his body right an absolute steal of a trade and a "possible" future captain.

I was the same as Bobby. Preety stoked with how absolutely wrong I was.
Yeah but you are capable of admitting if you are wrong.
Bob would just throw the toys from the cot and dig up old posts anyone else has made that were wrong :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back