BBL Scorchers BBL10 Campaign

Remove this Banner Ad

That's some canny recruiting, then. Reckon we have the strongest unit by far, though that's no guarantee of victory.
Marsh makes a huge part of that "strongest unit" discussion. When he's available - I agree.

If Agar’s fit, I’d have though Ahmad makes way. Spin for spin and strengthens our batting. Both have been very good contributors though.

It's splitting hairs the way we're playing, but I still think a second spin option is probably the only thing we're missing. Particularly on the slower wickets over east I think there's merit in having Rocchiolli as X factor so we've got the flexibility to bring in another spinner if conditions suit.

Turner has bowled 2.3 overs this season. Would be great if he could get back to being a contributor with bat and ball. At the moment he's just a guy that makes the commentators say 'levers'. Like they say 'knuckle ball' with Tye.

5 convincing wins in a row is a pretty handy form line.

Turner has bowled 2.3 overs this season. Would be great if he could get back to being a contributor with bat and ball. At the moment he's just a guy that makes the commentators say 'levers'. Like they say 'knuckle ball' with Tye.

5 convincing wins in a row is a pretty handy form line.
Agree completely - especially with Marsh unlikely to bowl for a while - we need both an additional bowler and also an additional spin option

Pre-shoulder - his offies and the bounce he got was quite valuable

question - when green returns - thoughts on dropping Dorff and using green As the new ball bowler

not sure Hardie can be dropped given his ever increasing bowling form

a side benefit is it gives us a ridiculous batting line up of Richo at 9

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could see Green going for big runs with the new ball and field up.

Big no from me.

You don’t need batting down to 9. If you’re using it, you’re likely losing.
Wouldn't he be the logical replacement for Marsh?

Roy
Livingston
Inglis
Clarke (pending Munro)
Green
Turner
Hardie
Bowlers

Wouldn't he be the logical replacement for Marsh?

Roy
Livingston
Inglis
Clarke (pending Munro)
Green
Turner
Hardie
Bowlers

id imagine marsh will be fine to play as a batsman - akin to stoinis

at this stage - green isn’t anywhere near as accomplished a batsman as Marsh in Whiteball cricket

Could see Green going for big runs with the new ball and field up.

Big no from me.

You don’t need batting down to 9. If you’re using it, you’re likely losing.
Dorff has t exactly been the pillar or wickets and economy he has been in previous seasons

id imagine marsh will be fine to play as a batsman - akin to stoinis

at this stage - green isn’t anywhere near as accomplished a batsman as Marsh in Whiteball cricket
And I guess Munro or Livingstone can roll 1 or 2 overs down if necessary

And I guess Munro or Livingstone can roll 1 or 2 overs down if necessary

id hope not - they are Hail Mary bowlers when you need to bring on the s**t to hope an inform batsman tugs a half tracker to deep mid wicket

turner is the better option IMO

and we need a 6th bowler as Dorff can’t be trusted to bowl late - doesn’t have the variety or skill set

he made his name for us bowling all 4 upfront - but nowadays even that’s limited to 2/3

He’s still picking up key wickets though. Dorff and Richardson have been a great opening attack.
Yep

Although Dorf hasn't been great, he still gets good batsmen out.
Also being a lefty, gives good variety to our attack.

You cannot open with Green or Tye.

Assuming MM comes back as a bat, the only changes I see are Munro for Banners and Green for Hardie.

I'll be honest, going to the game on Tuesday was the first time I've watched Big Bash at all this season, it just hasn't interested me this year. But I will say I was impressed with Perth. Although it annoyed me that they had so many chances to wrap it up early and they kept stuffing around hitting singles, but oh well.

Scorchers should be trying to lure some of the top WA players from other clubs back. Short, Stoinis, and even bringing back guys like Cartwright should be a priority.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back