Scoreboard trivia

Remove this Banner Ad

That was against Brisbane in 1999, a very wet night at the Gabba. They knocked us out of the finals later that year (and the following year)
Well done.

Match famous for the Libba eye gouging incident. From memory it may have been Craig McRae or Steven Lawrence on the receiving end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bob Murphy's debut game at Princes Park in 2000. 2 weeks later we knocked off the undefeated Essendon.

What a game that was - we had heaps of players out and were given no chance- Garlick kicked 6 or so , and we had a golden run in the last qtr with the umps. I can remember standing on the wing with another doggies mate - the crowd was 90%blues supporters, booing every umpires decision ( like all Essendon supporters do for every decision that goes against them , blatant or otherwise).

I can remember it like yesterday - the siren sounding to the boos of the blues - and me with a massive smile on my face leaving the ground.

It was a great win - finishing a 14 game winning run for the blues.

Murph wobbling through an absolute mung was a highlight - wearing number 22.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here is a game we lost:

View attachment 1440282

Does anyone know why this game has a place in Bulldogs history?
The first thing I thought of was our very first final in 1938 because I knew we lost to Collingwood. I thought I was on the money given you said it has a place in Bulldogs history. But no, I checked the scoreline from that game and Collingwood beat us by a lot more than 16 points.

The second thing I thought of is the match in 1996 when Collingwood jumped us early and we mounted a late comeback and just fell short. Bulldogs history because the game in 1996 was infamous from Plough's 'I'll spew up' spray. But we only lost that match by six points so that can't be it.

You've got me here.

The first thing I thought of was our very first final in 1938 because I knew we lost to Collingwood. I thought I was on the money given you said it has a place in Bulldogs history. But no, I checked the scoreline from that game and Collingwood beat us by a lot more than 16 points.

The second thing I thought of is the match in 1996 when Collingwood jumped us early and we mounted a late comeback and just fell short. Bulldogs history because the game in 1996 was infamous from Plough's 'I'll spew up' spray. But we only lost that match by six points so that can't be it.

You've got me here.

There is only one other game in Bulldogs history where the same occurrence took place.

The two games took place within seven years of each other.

Perhaps this might give it away: The second game was played in 1985.

Haha well that obviously does give it away given you have basically just told everyone it's seven years prior to 1985 :laughv1:

Given that, perhaps whoever can explain what unique event you're referring to gets to take charge of the next scoreboard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back