Multiplat Scorn

Remove this Banner Ad

It looks good and since I quite like the H.R. Giger-ness to it I'm definitely interested.... but it screams a big letdown. I've had this on my Steam wishlist for nearly 5 years and I reckon it'll flop - Just a hunch. Although, I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

It looks good and since I quite like the H.R. Giger-ness to it I'm definitely interested.... but it screams a big letdown. I've had this on my Steam wishlist for nearly 5 years and I reckon it'll flop - Just a hunch. Although, I'd be happy to be proven wrong.
Absolutely agreed on that. I'm glad it's on Game Pass, cos I think it'll likely be dogshit.

Perfect game to watch bits here and there on Youtube

OK so I watched more of that prologue and after some more looking into it this seems like 90% puzzles/exploration and 10% combat mechanics with relatively few enemies. Think it's gonna have to have a pretty good story to be received well.

I backed this on Kickstarter back in the day, so from that perspective it's great it's finally coming out.

I got preview access to the prologue, I've played it but not managed to write a preview yet. It's certainly an incredibly atmospheric game – a love letter to H.R Giger. The amount of detail put into the world (this far) is outstanding.

Gameplay-wise it's less compelling but certainly intriguing. You're dropped into this world with no direction as to what to do or where to go. The puzzles can be pretty obtuse and I expect some people to hate it, get bored or frustrated. It essentially plays like Myst in a Giger world, which sounds good on paper but I don't know how long the allure of that will last.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really a horror game. More like a puzzle game with distressing (in a good way) visuals.

Worst part is the combat, which in my opinion should not be in the game.

After watching theradbrad's playthrough I couldn't ever see myself playing this bleak, depressing game.
This always amuses me about people these days, what's next? Watching people watch an entire movie before watching the movie yourself?

I've only played it for about 15 minutes so far, I'll probably pick it up again on the weekend.

This always amuses me about people these days, what's next? Watching people watch an entire movie before watching the movie yourself?

I've only played it for about 15 minutes so far, I'll probably pick it up again on the weekend.

No very rarely, only with certain games that I am very on the fence on. Easier to skip through and watch a bit on my lunch breaks and get an idea instead of dedicating the full hours to play at home when I have other games in my backlog I know I will enjoy.

Finished it tonight.

Incredible artistic direction, visuals, sound and atmosphere. OK puzzles, but it's mostly just remembering where you've already been and what lever you've already pulled. Absolutely awful combat, arbitrarily made difficult by the incredibly slow weapon switching and reloading.

About a 6/10 overall for me.

Downloaded on GP when it came out. Played about 10 minutes the other day. Looks amazing, but not much fun. I might give it another go, but if it's just this weird wandering sim, will delete and forget. There's too much Diablo IV to be wasting my time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back