Scotch or Bourbon?

Remove this Banner Ad

Cougar all the way, hate Jim Beam though so work that out.

Not hard to work out, Beam tastes like it was made with goats piss.

I also love beer, but there's plenty of beers i don't like.

Just like i love bourbon, despite some brands tasting like paint stripper. Not all bourbons are created equal

Johnnie Black over ice is my scotch of choice.
Tullamore Dew 12 Year Old is my whiskey of choice.

Entry level with Cola i am a fan of Johnnie Red.

Bourban was great as a 15 year old. Can't stand the stuff now

Johnnie Black over ice is my scotch of choice.
Tullamore Dew 12 Year Old is my whiskey of choice.

Entry level with Cola i am a fan of Johnnie Red.

Bourban was great as a 15 year old. Can't stand the stuff now
Single malts > blends every day of the week, Bud. Try Glenfiddich, for the same sort of money is head and shoulders above Johnnie Black.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Single malts > blends every day of the week, Bud. Try Glenfiddich, for the same sort of money is head and shoulders above Johnnie Black.

Thats what is beautiful about Scotch... There is no right or wrong just personal taste. I really do like a single malt eg: Glenlivet but do find they have one flavour or less character than a blend. Again this is my personal opinion.
To me a blend will change as it moves over your tongue.

Perhaps my taste buds are just ####ed after years of abuse?

Gimme a nice Glenfiddich or The Glenlivet. Jameson is a good entry level getting used to drinking just with ice and without a mixer.

Bourbon is good when your just starting to drink spirits, but its too bleh now. Cant drink in.

Havnt drank scotch in over 18 months.
Last time i did i drank about 250 ml of black douglas straight in ten minutes - half n hour and also skulled a beer, with little to no previous drinking (well hadnt drank for 6 months or near that), i was good for a little while then completely crashed.

That doesnt need to happen again.

Hate bourbon.

I like both.

As I'm poor and cheap (a terrible combination), I have developed a tolerance, even liking, for some bottom shelf stuff.

Scotch:
Vat 69 (rough as hell, but tasty)
Ballantines (lighter, like honey, beats the crap out of JW Red)
Teachers (this is damn fine value; caramelly, and a little fruity and smoky. Quite intense and balanced for the price).
Black Douglas (tastes rather fat and dumb to me, yet suprisingly effective. Stuart Dew perhaps?)
The Famous Grouse (yum, simple, well balanced)
On the other hand, McCallums and JW Red are terrible. Personally, I'm not a great fan of Grant's.

Bourbon
Old Crow (bloody raw, but tastes ok)
Evan Williams Black Label (hunt this down from liquorland now. $32 for 43% boubon. I'm there. Suprisingly good, vanilla with a strange eucalyptus taste predominates, a little reminiscent of JD also. I'm drinking this right now.)
Cougar goes alright.

Spending up a little, I like Bulleit, Jim Beam Black, Makers Mark and Wild Turkey 101 on the bourbon side. For scotch all JW (except Red), Ballantines 12 year old, Glenfiddich, Glenlivet, and Laphroaig (wow) are all winners.

I love talking about alcohol.

Chivas is a waste of money, tastes

Managed to score a bottle each of Glenlivet, Jaimeson and Booker Noe for my birthday - so I'm now in the best of both worlds so to speak.

Haven't cracked the Bookers yet but am told it's quite an intense drop.
Irish Whiskey FTW :thumbsu:

Am making my way through a bottle of Black Bush now.

Its Scotch or Vodka for me. Don't like Beer at all, I have to be in a masochistic mood to get more than a few of those down now.

Gimme a nice Glenfiddich or The Glenlivet. Jameson is a good entry level getting used to drinking just with ice and without a mixer.

Bourbon is good when your just starting to drink spirits, but its too bleh now. Cant drink in.

Only if it's on the rocks, no mixing it with cola or dry. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back