Roast Scott Camporeale is a horrible coach

Remove this Banner Ad

The issue is, we are always looking for a handball, that is what the Crouches do on the inside. We need players like Greenwood to get it forward, or to have better set ups behind the play.

We are always flat footed and have no defensive structure at all. Charlie has been banished to the forwardline seemingly for breaking the game open too much, and we have a core 3 inside mids with only 2 others playing cameos...
。I feel as if Campo has taken back the mids, removed what versatility we had, and resumed monumentally screwing us like he has done the last 8 years.

It's looking like a Thommo solution is on the horizon.

How arrogant do you have to be to think you know what is an assistants fault and what is the head coaches fault?

How arrogant do you have to be to think you know what is an assistants fault and what is the head coaches fault?
Wouldn't you think if we have had the same problem for years through multiple coaches it's probably the coach that coaches that part, who's been there for years.
No one knows 100% but it's a pretty good chance.
Even if it's not his fault, surely it's time for a change given he's been there for 10 years and we aren't excelling in that department.

Last edited:
Not saying he's a great coach, but the current Brownlow Medalist credits him with being the biggest influence on his career so far.

Not saying he's a great coach, but the current Brownlow Medalist credits him with being the biggest influence on his career so far.

Well, duh! He's been midfield coach at Adelaide for a decade. All our mids would say the exact same thing. That's the point of the thread. And, Danger has improved since going to the Cattery, whether we like it or not.

Well, duh! He's been midfield coach at Adelaide for a decade. All our mids would say the exact same thing. That's the point of the thread. And, Danger has improved since going to the Cattery, whether we like it or not.

and it would not matter who was our midfield coach this board would be calling for him to be sacked.

I don't reckon he's improved, per se. I think his game has been allowed to become much more effective, since, with hard nut Selwood at the coalface, he spends a lot more time on the outside and forward, where he can run, mark, and kick goals with much more freedom. Geelong are making a more balanced use of him.

Of course he has, organic growth and all that.

He isn't OUR mid anymore and he still said it, but he didn't mention any of our other coaches.

FWIW I thought Campo needed to go post 2015. What he did for the club in that few months was outstanding. But that needed to be it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and it would not matter who was our midfield coach this board would be calling for him to be sacked.

If our midfield performances were s**t for his entire tenure, then yes, I would hope so.

I don't reckon he's improved, per se. I think his game has been allowed to become much more effective, since, with hard nut Selwood at the coalface, he spends a lot more time on the outside and forward, where he can run, mark, and kick goals with much more freedom. Geelong are making a more balanced use of him.

We had hard nut Sloane at the coal face here.

They have a midfield that actually has a structure and method; we haven't had that for almost a decade.

If our midfield performances were s**t for his entire tenure, then yes, I would hope so.

They have a midfield that actually has a structure and method; we haven't had that for almost a decade.
Do they ?? Their structure appears to be 'Give it to Dangerwood and sit back and watch' which is kinda what we do with Sloane, but he isn't as good

campo deserve a 5yr extension than considering we have won 25 out of 35 games since dangerfield left with a s**t midfield.

Sloane not a worthy hard nut partner in crime? Again, this is on the coaching group, but I'm hesitant to appirtion much responsibility to the forward and defensive line coaches.

I always thought we should've targeted Bassett. I know he'd be considered by many here as just another addition to the boys club
but he has a bit of the Blight's about him. Thinks outside the square and isn't afraid to change things up and make hard calls. And
has success on the board. Couldn't be worse than Campo, surely.

I personally believe he is a big factor in Port turning things around.

AFC is boringly predictable. Good to reasonable season, crash in finals.
Does anyone here truly believe otherwise?

I always thought we should've targeted Bassett. I know he'd be considered by many here as just another addition to the boys club
but he has a bit of the Blight's about him. Thinks outside the square and isn't afraid to change things up and make hard calls. And
has success on the board. Couldn't be worse than Campo, surely.

I personally believe he is a big factor in Port turning things around.

AFC is boringly predictable. Good to reasonable season, crash in finals.
Does anyone here truly believe otherwise?
That's probably why he'd never get the job.

We'll probably hire Ben Hart next year instead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back