List Mgmt. Scott Clayton - joins North as Head of Player Personnel

Brian Waldron on Macquarie Sports radio yesterday mentioned that Scott Clayton will be returning to North in a role.

"Scotty Clayton is going back to North, in a role, good man too, good for North Melbourne"

I'm wondering whether Scott ever worked at our club and whether he meant Shane Clayton?

Audio:

Last 30 seconds in this podcast

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Left the Bulldogs ****ed, left the Gold Coast ****ed and probably single handedly responsible for a few $100m in direct costs to the AFL because of that debacle.

Been with West Coast the last 12 months in charge of their Melbourne recruiting, which is where Rawlings is obviously pulling him from.

As long as he's anything other than the recruiting manager, I don't mind.

Rusty Buckets

Team Captain
Oct 11, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Does anyone know much about Brad Smith? Has worked in recruiting for Eagles since finishing with Subiaco, where he kicked 100 goals in a season. Being looked at to be recruiting manager apparently.

justroyal

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Seems like a plan is seriously being put in place for this draft.

Cop that Damo.
Shaw won't be sitting at the North table by himself on the AFL draft night.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
There is talk on the Carlton board from a reliable ITK poster that SOS has had a falling out with an influential figure at the Blues and is headed to Arden St.

Not happy at all if it happens, but he would be a great get for you guys, he is a very creative trader, and I am certain he will manage to persuade big name players to come to your club if it happens..

Don't mind The old Shinboners tbh, so North are one of the very few clubs I could accept a club legend in SOS defecting to tbh (am bitter about Ratts at the Saints lol)

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Great trader ... did you miss the recent trade period?

Still very happy with the returns we got for Gibbs, Yarran, Henderson, and Tuohy (that pick swap we got with Adelaide last year turned out okay too)

Also he swapled 2 early picks in the 20s in the 2015 draft to Footscray for the pick that netted us Charlie Curnow, and who doesn't like the Doggies getting screwed over ? 😆😆😆

There is talk on the Carlton board from a reliable ITK poster that SOS has had a falling out with an influential figure at the Blues and is headed to Arden St.

Not happy at all if it happens, but he would be a great get for you guys, he is a very creative trader, and I am certain he will manage to persuade big name players to come to your club if it happens..

Don't mind The old Shinboners tbh, so North are one of the very few clubs I could accept a club legend in SOS defecting to tbh (am bitter about Ratts at the Saints lol)

Why would he be able to do it for us when he couldn't do it at Carlton?????

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne

I just vomited in my mouth a bit. Why are you trolling us?

Mar 25, 2002
37° 70' 12"
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Does anyone know much about Brad Smith? Has worked in recruiting for Eagles since finishing with Subiaco, where he kicked 100 goals in a season. Being looked at to be recruiting manager apparently.

Are you sure you're not confusing him with Aaron Edwards who kicked 100 goals for Claremont (the year before he kicked 100 for the Eagles)?

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Left the Bulldogs f’ed, left the Gold Coast f’ed and probably single handedly responsible for a few $100m in direct costs to the AFL because of that debacle.

Been with West Coast the last 12 months in charge of their Melbourne recruiting, which is where Rawlings is obviously pulling him from.

As long as he's anything other than the recruiting manager, I don't mind.

If that's the case then he's Brady's underling. I'm not concerned.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Mar 25, 2002
37° 70' 12"
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Probably wouldn't do his duty with Mrs Pratt.

Couldn't imagine why?

107165646.jpg

Back