List Mgmt. Scott Clayton - joins North as Head of Player Personnel

SOS or Clayton I don’t mind either both been doing list management for awhile. Like all list managers they have made errors along the way but hopefully learnt from those

Usually when you hire staff you tend to get those with a decent track record.

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There is talk on the Carlton board from a reliable ITK poster that SOS has had a falling out with an influential figure at the Blues and is headed to Arden St.

Not happy at all if it happens, but he would be a great get for you guys, he is a very creative trader, and I am certain he will manage to persuade big name players to come to your club if it happens..

Don't mind The old Shinboners tbh, so North are one of the very few clubs I could accept a club legend in SOS defecting to tbh (am bitter about Ratts at the Saints lol)
trust me, there is more chance of me going to church when there aint a wedding or a funeral on than sos coming to north.

Wasn't Clayton part of the reason for the Dogs charge for the premiership? A fair few of them were selected by him I thought.

Edit: Looks like he was at the Gold Coast during that period. This isn't bad though...

B: Lindsay Gilbee, Brian Lake, Ryan Griffin;

HB: Chris Scott, Justin Leppitsch, Nigel Lappin;

C: Daniel Cross, Michael Voss, Jason Akermanis;

HF: Daniel Giansiracusa, Mitch Hahn, Luke Power;

F: Craig McRae, Daniel Bradshaw, Robert Murphy;

R: Matthew Clarke, Adam Cooney, Simon Black.

INT: Beau McDonald, Darryl White, Ryan Hargrave, Matthew Boyd, Dale Morris, Shane O'Bree.

Best 22 of Clayton's best picks.

Rusty Buckets

Team Captain
Oct 11, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
With regards to Brisbane:

Voss, Akermanis, White were priority QLD/NT zone selections.

Power, Black, McDonald, Bradshaw and O'Bree were drafted by Kinnear Beatson.

Justin Leppitsch (selection 4) and Nigel Lappin selection (2) were first-round draft picks, as was Chris Scott (12).

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Does anyone know much about Brad Smith? Has worked in recruiting for Eagles since finishing with Subiaco, where he kicked 100 goals in a season. Being looked at to be recruiting manager apparently.

Played in our '74 grand final side, back pocket. Built like the proverbial and l remember a story in the paper that week how he'd married a Dutch divorcee with 5 kids.

With regards to Brisbane:

Voss, Akermanis, White were priority QLD/NT zone selections.

Power, Black, McDonald, Bradshaw and O'Bree were drafted by Kinnear Beatson.

Justin Leppitsch (selection 4) and Nigel Lappin selection (2) were first-round draft picks, as was Chris Scott (12).

Guess they lied.

From two separate age articles:

"Buckley would not comment on the possibility of further appointments in football to add an experienced figure as a mentor to Shaw, Rawlings and list manager Glenn Luff."

"The likelihood is North will soon appoint an experienced football person, with a strong suggestion that respected veteran list manager Scott Clayton could be sought for a role mentoring Rawlings and Luff."

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Back