Scott Johnson coronial inquest

Remove this Banner Ad

Kynge of Begrem

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 13, 2011
on bail at the time
AFL Club
Collingwood

Amazing the number of unsolved crimes of a similar nature from 30 odd years ago. The only way this case got resolved was because of the brother in the US continuing to agitate and then putting money forward.

Will this be the case that opens the floodgates to resolving more cold cases?

Savage indictment on the police from those less enlightened days. And a tick for police reform in current times.

I was thinking about the Hillsborough disaster in the UK and recent charges finally laid relating to police culpability. I wonder if this case might go a similar way with coppers charged with misconduct. I wouldn't be surprised if more thorough investigations of police conduct related to this and similar cases revealed offences committed by the force.

Finally, after Scott's brother has fought for more than thirty years looking for answers.

More than 30 years after Scott Johnson was found dead at the bottom of a cliff on Sydney Northern Beaches, a man has admitted to his murder.
During a pre-trial hearing on Monday, accused killer Scott White rose to his feet and yelled: "Guilty. I am guilty. Guilty."
He had previously denied killing 27-year-old Mr Johnson, whose body was discovered by spearfishermen at the base of a cliff at Blue Fish Point, near Manly's North Head, on December 10, 1988.

Finally, after Scott's brother has fought for more than thirty years looking for answers.

More than 30 years after Scott Johnson was found dead at the bottom of a cliff on Sydney Northern Beaches, a man has admitted to his murder.
During a pre-trial hearing on Monday, accused killer Scott White rose to his feet and yelled: "Guilty. I am guilty. Guilty."
He had previously denied killing 27-year-old Mr Johnson, whose body was discovered by spearfishermen at the base of a cliff at Blue Fish Point, near Manly's North Head, on December 10, 1988.

I was about to say, what on earth would you make you confess after all that time, would unlikely to be a slam dunk evidence-wise, unless it's just the gnawing away at you.

Then buried down the bottom of the article:
'confession was made on Monday but kept secret until now because White's legal team argued he wasn't fit to make that admission.'

Appeal in-coming, I wonder in what condition this guy was in when he made the disputed 'confession'?

I was about to say, what on earth would you make you confess after all that time, would unlikely to be a slam dunk evidence-wise, unless it's just the gnawing away at you.

Then buried down the bottom of the article:
'confession was made on Monday but kept secret until now because White's legal team argued he wasn't fit to make that admission.'

Appeal in-coming, I wonder in what condition this guy was in when he made the disputed 'confession'?
even worse condition than I thought, no food no shower no sleep, mental impairment, under pressure from prosecution, not buying this confession tbh

And he has an intellectual disability and an ex wife with a vengeance. This smacks of a false conviction

Sadly i think the same. Prosecutors under pressure to get a result taking shortcuts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back