Recommitted Scott Lycett and Callum Sinclair

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting that the AFLs trade whispers has mentioned these to in trades involving Jetta and Redden...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-02/trade-whispers-bird-could-fly-from-swans

West Coast ruckmen Callum Sinclair and Scott Lycett look set to become an early agenda item when the Eagles ramp up trade discussions on Swans speedster Lewis Jetta and Brisbane Lions midfielder Jack Redden after the Grand Final.

Would West Coast give up two Ruckmen though? Not entirely sure of their contract situations as well, if someone could fill us in on that...

Interesting anyway, I think Brisbane would be interest in Lycett since Burger is about 99% gone through FA.

Interesting that the AFLs trade whispers has mentioned these to in trades involving Jetta and Redden...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-02/trade-whispers-bird-could-fly-from-swans

West Coast ruckmen Callum Sinclair and Scott Lycett look set to become an early agenda item when the Eagles ramp up trade discussions on Swans speedster Lewis Jetta and Brisbane Lions midfielder Jack Redden after the Grand Final.
This sounds to me like Brisbane and Sydney will inquire about these players but WC is unlikely to want to trade them.

Would West Coast give up two Ruckmen though?
Certainly not.

If Sydney's priority is to get enough draft picks to secure academy players, WC could trade two second-rounder: this year's second-rounder and next year's. Even if we assume that is pick 38 in both cases, that would be worth fractionally more than pick 20.

Then it's probably Selwood compo or our first-rounder for Redden.

Last edited:
I think they'll lose one of them, probably not both.
Try none.

Less than 1% chance that either will go.

WC spent the last half of last season securing those two as part of their future and there is no way they would seek to weaken their list to pick up a 27 year old un contracted very outside risk.

Lycett is one year into a four year contract. Regardless of whether he wants to go, West Coast can hold on to him for a couple of years and still trade him later. And Sinclair isn't going anywhere after cementing his spot in a grand final team.

I think other teams are inquiring but West Coast aren't stupid and trading either of them would be stupid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lycett is one year into a four year contract. Regardless of whether he wants to go, West Coast can hold on to him for a couple of years and still trade him later. And Sinclair isn't going anywhere after cementing his spot in a grand final team.

I think other teams are inquiring but West Coast aren't stupid and trading either of them would be stupid.
It's going to be funny if it goes thru

If Lycett got offered the lead ruck role at Sydney he'd have to take it
He'd be mad to sit behind Nic Nat his whole career
Maybe you haven't heard but the AFL just scrapped the sub rule for next season.
We will see the return to two dedicated rucks changing off the bench again.
Ruck men will be in huge demand and WC are not going to sell off a strength to secure a lazy outside runner that you want to be rid of.
I can't stress enough how dumb that would be. Whinge and demand all you want but it ain't gonna happen.

It's going to be funny if it goes thru
Not really, stranger things have happened.

But in this case, the Eagles can't afford to lose a ruckman and both players are contracted. Maybe if Lycett was near the end of his contract, a deal could be done. But WC have shown with Mitch Brown that they are willing to stick to their guns and back themselves to retain the player.

I'm now convinced that journalists troll these forums to get their information. It is mentioned on this forum that Lycett would be a good get for us if Redden wanted to go to the Eagles and next you read it on the AFL website that Lycett has been linked to the Lions. Linked by BigFooty itself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back