Scott Lycett or Brodie Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

If our first pick was pick 28 instead of 16, would you go for a promising ruckman if one was available? After all we would be looking at around the twentieth best midfielder in the draft by then and probably 3rd or 4th rated ruckman.

How many players are already missing from this draft that would normally be there?
I understand what your saying i'm just reading it that we wont be picking him at 16, if he was still there at 35 maybe but i also cant see that happening.
I get this feeling the club thinks the ruck stocks are good enough for now without going for another first round.
We also need hard solid midfielders desperately
Anyway the wait is almost over and all the questions will be answered:thumbsu:

If our first pick was pick 28 instead of 16, would you go for a promising ruckman if one was available? After all we would be looking at around the twentieth best midfielder in the draft by then and probably 3rd or 4th rated ruckman.

How many players are already missing from this draft that would normally be there?

The draft this year has some serious quality though,

You will find the Top 5 or so players are one above, but for alot of the rest it is very even. Players could really go anywhere from this point.

We have the chance to get three, even four quality players.

I like Darling, but think that we just don't rate that type of player. Salter is very similar and probably more mobile anyway.

Wouldn't be surprised to see us (Or the Crows) take a guy like Horlin Smith. Just hoping for a good sized mid.

What if Gorringe slips? Or are the GC after a young ruck?

Brodie barracks for Port
Lycett barracks for Brisbane.

Hmmmmmmm, easy one this one.

Graham Cornes barracked for Port.
Greg Phillips barracked for Sturt.

Yep, easy. ;)

reading this mornings article in the tiser about the lions ready to swoop on polec adn the possibility of Heppell dropping to the crows pick may mean that smith may just slide through to us. You'd think Smith would be above Lycett on our draft board, many just dont expect him to drop to us. Im not too concerned with Lycett as theres more than a good chance he could slip though to our 2nd round pick anyway. Every man and his dog had us taking Vardy at 16 last year and he ended up going to the cats at 42. No one really likes splurging on ruckmen with early picks. We've always got Giles as a back up plan with our last pick if we miss out on Lycett too. Also need to factor in the role of the ruckman and how many rucks we need with the change to the interchange rule, although that rule could effectively help Lycett's selection with his ability to be an option up forward too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back