RussellEbertHandball

Flick pass expert
Nov 16, 2004
SE Oz
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Mighty Blacks
Damo Barrett on AFL Daily: Three should have been enough, no reason not to challenge
FMD this guy is supposed to be a leading AFL journo and works for the AFL. The way the fu**in rules are written, is the reason why there was no challenge.

(E) AN APPEAL OF A DECISION OF THE TRIBUNAL
A Player or the AFL General Counsel may appeal the decision of the
Tribunal to the Appeal Board on one or more of the following grounds:

» An error of law has occurred;

» The decision of the Tribunal is so unreasonable that no Tribunal acting reasonably
could have come to that decision having regard to the evidence before it;

» The classification of the offence by the Tribunal was manifestly
excessive or inadequate; or

» The sanction imposed by the Tribunal was manifestly excessive
or inadequate.

1 weeks difference isn't manifestly excessive.

Crocodile Dumbdee

Team Captain
Mar 11, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I see them as the bastard child - we f’ed their mum (SANFL).
My hatred for them burns inside. I can't post here often because of it. There's nobody on this planet that hates the Crows more than I do. I get sadistic love seeing them suffer. I'm burying my crows mates right now as we speak. They can f off.

EskimoPAFC

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 17, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
FMD this guy is supposed to be a leading AFL journo and works for the AFL. The way the fu**in rules are written, is the reason why there was no challenge.

(E) AN APPEAL OF A DECISION OF THE TRIBUNAL
A Player or the AFL General Counsel may appeal the decision of the
Tribunal to the Appeal Board on one or more of the following grounds:

» An error of law has occurred;

» The decision of the Tribunal is so unreasonable that no Tribunal acting reasonably
could have come to that decision having regard to the evidence before it;

» The classification of the offence by the Tribunal was manifestly
excessive or inadequate; or

» The sanction imposed by the Tribunal was manifestly excessive
or inadequate.

1 weeks difference isn't manifestly excessive.
I think what he was meaning was that it was a free hit - ie Slyce wouldnt get more weeks by us challenging

VineValerian

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
Davies seemed to imply that as Scott had pleaded guilty to all 3 of the charges laid (careless, high, severe) that they couldn't challenge the verdict.

Does that mean if the Club told him to plead guilty to careless and high, but dispute the severe and plead guilty to high that we could have got a lesser games penalty?

VineValerian

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
BTW, these goons trolling Scott and his family on social media - do they know he does community work to assist disadvantaged kids?
More than these turds I venture to say.
But - NO. Let's just spew hatred and vituperative slurs - cos he dun hurt and beat up our defenceless liddle boy Macca in a collision sport incident.

Someone also told me Slyce helps out in some way with homeless pets (dunno if that's volunteer work with the RSPACA or what though).
A better man by far than these oxygen thieves behind the keyboard.

G3TWOTYAD3S3RV

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
My hatred for them burns inside. I can't post here often because of it. There's nobody on this planet that hates the Crows more than I do. I get sadistic love seeing them suffer. I'm burying my crows mates right now as we speak. They can f off.
Na, I’ve only been to 3 showdowns since 1997, I always give my tickets away cause they make me sick to my stomach. Hate isn’t the word to describe my feel towards that team born out of a Petri dish.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dylan8

Bar Up
Apr 7, 2013
Burn City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
That said, I don't think any tackle where you're tackling the player with the ball should be worth 4 weeks. He didn't snipe anyone, he didn't run past the ball to bump, it wasn't off the ball. He tackled him too hard and deserved 2-3, but 4 is too many given what comparative high bumps get.
Good way of looking at it. Makes it easier to cop when you see deliberate off the ball hits getting the same number.

tribey

One-Eyed Vaccinated Boys Club Member
Mar 9, 2003
Queen St & Peter Rd
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
NUFC, YES.
Yet those Crows flogs ringing Fiveaa complaining that Lycett never apologised..

It wouldn’t be the aftermath of a Showdown if Crows supporters didn’t have a “Port people are evil” moral grandstand to sit in.

Remember when Josh Jenkins heard some bad language, Graeme Goodings heard some booing and a mob of Karens from Gawler to Noarlunga Downs felt Robbie immediately taking his Showdown Medal off as a member of the defeated side was anything from bad sportsmanship to wanting AIDS to break the shackles of the cocktail and take down Magic Johnson?

backtozero

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It wouldn’t be the aftermath of a Showdown if Crows supporters didn’t have a “Port people are evil” moral grandstand to sit in.

Remember when Josh Jenkins heard some bad language, Graeme Goodings heard some booing and a mob of Karens from Gawler to Noarlunga Downs felt Robbie immediately taking his Showdown Medal off as a member of the defeated side was anything from bad sportsmanship to wanting AIDS to break the shackles of the cocktail and take down Magic Johnson?
I've never seen anything in a Showdown as deplorable as Schulz getting booed off the ground after getting a finger in his eye.
Whilst they're great at pearl clutching, they're also as vicious and spiteful as a mob can be when they feel like they have any kind of upper hand.

Trewth

shootin from the lip
Mar 21, 2011
amongst the rabble
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Knicks, Canucks, Raiders, St Pauli
I've never seen anything in a Showdown as deplorable as Schulz getting booed off the ground after getting a finger in his eye.
Whilst they're great at pearl clutching, they're also as vicious and spiteful as a mob can be when they feel like they have any kind of upper hand.
That was horrid, and also a great reminder of their outright hypocrisy given the Slyce happenings

Shaucob_Burjan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Reminder that Jay Schulz almost lost an eye and the Crows crows booed the sh*t out of him when he was in the ground covering his eye.

To this day a lot of those numpties on that board still defend that booing.

finbarr

Premium Platinum
Jun 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Anyone remember after the Matt Thomas tackle on Trent Henschel when Springchoke posting something like "Matt Thomas had better not go down any dark alley's in the next few weeks....?

Haha i actually would have loved to see him try something and get utterly wrecked.

finbarr

Premium Platinum
Jun 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Reminder that Jay Schulz almost lost an eye and the Crows crows booed the sh*t out of him when he was in the ground covering his eye.

To this day a lot of those numpties on that board still defend that booing.

They weren't simply booing. There were scenes of them hanging over the fence baying for his blood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad