News Scott Lycett signs with Port Districts

Remove this Banner Ad

Rucci saying that the Afl indicated to us yesterday morning that they would ask for three games. Changed their minds at the last minute to 4 games and blindsided us.

fu** heads.

Did Eddie call them at the last minute?

Damo Barrett on AFL Daily: Three should have been enough, no reason not to challenge
FMD this guy is supposed to be a leading AFL journo and works for the AFL. The way the *in rules are written, is the reason why there was no challenge.

(E) AN APPEAL OF A DECISION OF THE TRIBUNAL
A Player or the AFL General Counsel may appeal the decision of the
Tribunal to the Appeal Board on one or more of the following grounds:

» An error of law has occurred;

» The decision of the Tribunal is so unreasonable that no Tribunal acting reasonably
could have come to that decision having regard to the evidence before it;

» The classification of the offence by the Tribunal was manifestly
excessive or inadequate; or

» The sanction imposed by the Tribunal was manifestly excessive
or inadequate.

1 weeks difference isn't manifestly excessive.

FMD this guy is supposed to be a leading AFL journo and works for the AFL. The way the fu**in rules are written, is the reason why there was no challenge.

(E) AN APPEAL OF A DECISION OF THE TRIBUNAL
A Player or the AFL General Counsel may appeal the decision of the
Tribunal to the Appeal Board on one or more of the following grounds:

» An error of law has occurred;

» The decision of the Tribunal is so unreasonable that no Tribunal acting reasonably
could have come to that decision having regard to the evidence before it;

» The classification of the offence by the Tribunal was manifestly
excessive or inadequate; or

» The sanction imposed by the Tribunal was manifestly excessive
or inadequate.

1 weeks difference isn't manifestly excessive.

I think what he was meaning was that it was a free hit - ie Slyce wouldnt get more weeks by us challenging

Davies seemed to imply that as Scott had pleaded guilty to all 3 of the charges laid (careless, high, severe) that they couldn't challenge the verdict.

Does that mean if the Club told him to plead guilty to careless and high, but dispute the severe and plead guilty to high that we could have got a lesser games penalty?

BTW, these goons trolling Scott and his family on social media - do they know he does community work to assist disadvantaged kids?
More than these turds I venture to say.
But - NO. Let's just spew hatred and vituperative slurs - cos he dun hurt and beat up our defenceless liddle boy Macca in a collision sport incident.

Someone also told me Slyce helps out in some way with homeless pets (dunno if that's volunteer work with the RSPACA or what though).
A better man by far than these oxygen thieves behind the keyboard.

I think what he was meaning was that it was a free hit - ie Slyce wouldnt get more weeks by us challenging
You have to have the correct reason to challenge, just like you do in a normal court, to be allowed to have the appeal heard.

My hatred for them burns inside. I can't post here often because of it. There's nobody on this planet that hates the Crows more than I do. I get sadistic love seeing them suffer. I'm burying my crows mates right now as we speak. They can f off.

Na, I’ve only been to 3 showdowns since 1997, I always give my tickets away cause they make me sick to my stomach. Hate isn’t the word to describe my feel towards that team born out of a Petri dish.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Na, I’ve only been to 3 showdowns since 1997, I always give my tickets away cause they make me sick to my stomach. Hate isn’t the word to describe my feel towards that team born out of a Petri dish.

Things I learned today.

They have petri dishes in court rooms.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That said, I don't think any tackle where you're tackling the player with the ball should be worth 4 weeks. He didn't snipe anyone, he didn't run past the ball to bump, it wasn't off the ball. He tackled him too hard and deserved 2-3, but 4 is too many given what comparative high bumps get.
Good way of looking at it. Makes it easier to cop when you see deliberate off the ball hits getting the same number.

Yet those Crows flogs ringing Fiveaa complaining that Lycett never apologised..

It wouldn’t be the aftermath of a Showdown if Crows supporters didn’t have a “Port people are evil” moral grandstand to sit in.

Remember when Josh Jenkins heard some bad language, Graeme Goodings heard some booing and a mob of Karens from Gawler to Noarlunga Downs felt Robbie immediately taking his Showdown Medal off as a member of the defeated side was anything from bad sportsmanship to wanting AIDS to break the shackles of the cocktail and take down Magic Johnson?

It wouldn’t be the aftermath of a Showdown if Crows supporters didn’t have a “Port people are evil” moral grandstand to sit in.

Remember when Josh Jenkins heard some bad language, Graeme Goodings heard some booing and a mob of Karens from Gawler to Noarlunga Downs felt Robbie immediately taking his Showdown Medal off as a member of the defeated side was anything from bad sportsmanship to wanting AIDS to break the shackles of the cocktail and take down Magic Johnson?

I've never seen anything in a Showdown as deplorable as Schulz getting booed off the ground after getting a finger in his eye.
Whilst they're great at pearl clutching, they're also as vicious and spiteful as a mob can be when they feel like they have any kind of upper hand.

I've never seen anything in a Showdown as deplorable as Schulz getting booed off the ground after getting a finger in his eye.
Whilst they're great at pearl clutching, they're also as vicious and spiteful as a mob can be when they feel like they have any kind of upper hand.

That was horrid, and also a great reminder of their outright hypocrisy given the Slyce happenings

I mean I know rivalries can narrow vision but I'm struggling to think of a supporter base with more irrational venomous weirdos as the Crows.
I think the Eagles would rival them if they had more interesting competition, but Freo are too pathetic to inspire much hate.

Reminder that Jay Schulz almost lost an eye and the Crows crows booed the sh*t out of him when he was in the ground covering his eye.

To this day a lot of those numpties on that board still defend that booing.

They weren't simply booing. There were scenes of them hanging over the fence baying for his blood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back