News Scott Lycett signs with Port Districts

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Some Twitter blowhard took a picture of an empty plastic cup in the crows race after the game and tried to leverage it as some kind of vicious attack from the crowd on their players.
It was actually their 21st century trophy cabinet.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
There are very few bins at AO, even fewer where people actually sit. One is left with no option but to pile the beer epties under the seat.
So SANFL. Don't have enough bins, then complain when they are full and people don't want to take their rubbish home. Surely it'd cost less to empty bins and be quicker around seats then the current situation? Not to mention more hygenic. 'Yeah wear your masks people, but sit in the rubbish, as we aren't bloody hell taking it!'.

Keep Dixon and Jezza?
Hayes is a significantly better tap ruck than Lycett. Jezza is a significantly better around the ground ruck than Lycett. Dixon is better at both than Lycett. He's just not in our best 22 anymore in the eyes of anyone except Hinkley.

Jul 1, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Ducks, Yankees
Was not a fan of this signing when it first happened at the end of 2018 as I feared the club would try to get a full 5 years out of him when it was clear he had 3 years left in him at his peak at the most. I accept the need to pay a full 5 years to get him here, but just because he's contracted on good money for those final 2 years in particular doesn't justify the need to play him. He's largely been a negative this year and for large parts of last year.

In saying that though given the club's reluctance to play Sam Hayes (who is a better tap ruckman than Lycett), odds are that Scooter will be back in the side next week against the Dees.

The club simply cannot plan for next year expecting Lycett to be able to handle the #1 ruck duties. It is beyond him at this point in his career.

Jason K

Premium Platinum
Mar 1, 2014
Henley Beach
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Was not a fan of this signing when it first happened at the end of 2018 as I feared the club would try to get a full 5 years out of him when it was clear he had 3 years left in him at his peak at the most. I accept the need to pay a full 5 years to get him here, but just because he's contracted on good money for those final 2 years in particular doesn't justify the need to play him. He's largely been a negative this year and for large parts of last year.

In saying that though given the club's reluctance to play Sam Hayes (who is a better tap ruckman than Lycett), odds are that Scooter will be back in the side next week against the Dees.

The club simply cannot plan for next year expecting Lycett to be able to handle the #1 ruck duties. It is beyond him at this point in his career.

When was his peak? I must have missed it.

I was all for having him at Port, him being a Port junior, I was taken by the romance of it. I was wrong.

I often wonder if we didn't have Lycett, would we be running with Ryder and Hayes?

Also, Lycett's off field attitude screams "I'm a premiership player, I don't have to push myself anymore". His attitude is exactly the opposite of Fos's Creed.

TazD

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 29, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
He should play immediately.
Damn, let me elaborate
Screenshot_20220711-091732_Chrome.jpg

Back