Scott Lycett

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giles is a perfect example of having to give ruckman time. Hence why I'd like to persist with Redden. He should be fit and firing for the pre season and 2015 watch out.
Nope. Far more complicated. While at Centrals, would never develop. Rarely played him in the league team. Got the feeling Centrals were hoping he would be delisted and stay with them. Got delisted. Went to Sturt (2 years too late) and blossomed. Still does not have a big tank though.

West coast will thow plenty at Lycett to stay now Cox has retired.

Nick Nat is a great athlete but has an average footy brain. They arent going to let Lycett go after investing 4 years in him.

Nick Nat is a great athlete but has an average footy brain. They arent going to let Lycett go after investing 4 years in him.

I heard on Sunday that he ain't going anywhere.

Nope. Far more complicated. While at Centrals, would never develop. Rarely played him in the league team. Got the feeling Centrals were hoping he would be delisted and stay with them. Got delisted. Went to Sturt (2 years too late) and blossomed. Still does not have a big tank though.

That's the point, it took him awhile to get going.

Redden and Lobbe both fit does he get a game?

Would depend on form but it's doubtful. When was the last time both Redden and Lobbe were fit anyway???

Lycett was behind Sinclair for a while there but appears to have moved into 3rd spot and now 2nd with Cox retiring so we probably won't be able to lure him with more opportunity.

To tell you the truth, I would prefer we keep Mason than get Lycett. But even better if we have both on our list in 2015.

Might be time for plan B. Not sure of his contract details but think Tommy Bellchambers could be a good fit, just turned 25. Patty Ryder seems to ruck better solo. And Bomber is playing Daniher & Carlisle down forward.

To tell you the truth, I would prefer we keep Mason than get Lycett. But even better if we have both on our list in 2015.

Might be time for plan B. Not sure of his contract details but think Tommy Bellchambers could be a good fit, just turned 25. Patty Ryder seems to ruck better solo. And Bomber is playing Daniher & Carlisle down forward.

They have callum sinclair who is every bit as good as lycett and he is probably a better fwd than lycett too....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right on the money REH, the pressure on Lycett to sign on again with wet toast will now be ramped up considerably.
He will be under the pump bigtime, and could change his mind numerous times before reaching his final decision, and assuming Port want him we have to hope he makes the right one.

I wouldn't be giving up on pursuing him until he re-signs, we've obviously been into him for a while. Say he leaves it until the end of the year he'll be watching us in the finals thinking I could be apart of this in my home state.

I don't necessarily think he'd get more gametime at the Eagles because I could see us playing both him & Lobbe in the same side especially if we were at a stage like we are this year with very little coming through KPP wise & Lobbe slowly running out of puff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back