Play Nice Scott Morrison in the Multiverse of Ministries.

Remove this Banner Ad

kicking scomo out of the PM homes asap is grubby, petty, and frankly demeaning. If you do this today, what will the libs do when they take back govt?

we need to grow up
I don't think anyone in power is throwing him out on his rear.

A few jokes in here isn't affecting anything.

... I'm really not.

So, let me get this straight. You're doing this because you're concerned about what they'll do in retaliation when they next get into office?

I rather think you're missing the point.

What is the purpose of government, of the Labor movement, Ned? Is the purpose to clothe and feed the poor, to ensure jobs at a liveable wage? Is it to tell business when they're being unreasonable? What is the purpose of government?

Now, tell me how being performatively pro democracy satisfies those aims.

you run the govt as it should be run, not to get revenge on the last mob or get payback for past slights

bullshit. we have had a PM for 121 years, he had the gig for 4 of them
... have you been around for this 121 years, Ned? Do tell me how I was just referring to Morrison there, because the problem hasn't just been Morrison. It's arguably been every PM since Keating, if not including him.

The last ten years have sullied what it means to be a prime minister first, and a politician second. They're less trusted than at any point in Australian history, with the possible exception of just after the dismissal of Whitlam. If you want respect back in politics, performativity isn't going to get it done.

... have you been around for this 121 years, Ned? Do tell me how I was just referring to Morrison there, because the problem hasn't just been Morrison. It's arguably been every PM since Keating, if not including him.

The last ten years have sullied what it means to be a prime minister first, and a politician second. They're less trusted than at any point in Australian history, with the possible exception of just after the dismissal of Whitlam. If you want respect back in politics, performativity isn't going to get it done.

disagree with pretty much every word of this, so I'm going to walk away. revenge politics is beyond pathetic

you run the govt as it should be run, not to get revenge on the last mob or get payback for past slights
... where in this exchange have I said you're doing it to get revenge or payback, Ned?

Quite literally all I've said is that they do not have any respect for the democratic process you're championing. They define by their actions what you're unwilling to do to get or keep power. You go high, they're inevitably going to find a no-win situation for you because you're unwilling to get your hands dirty.

The guy lives in a bubble.

Mr Morrison accused the independents of running a “vicious” campaign.

“You know, those who are elected in those seats, well, they’ve made all sorts of big commitments about how they think they can change everything. We’ll just see won’t we? . And they should be held to account for that,’’ he said.

“They were very vicious and very brutal campaigns, talking to my colleagues about them. They play things very hard on the ground. Anyway, that’s politics can be a tough and brutal business.”

On the contrary; DC is what happens when you live the mantra 'You go low, we go high.'

The democrats refuse to do what is necessary to stop the republicans cheating. They let them gerrymander, they uphold the process of government ahead of the morals they personally hold or their party champions. America is an example of what happens when one party is allowed to cheat and the other party refuses to.

Watch the video I posted above, to Kranky Al's post: the converse is also true. If we go high and they define what it means to go low, we always end up losing as we cannot go low to match them.
You put in place an icac,

You put standing rules in parliament for behaviour. Foi requests not honoured are subject to penalties against the minister responsible for that ministry.

Replace the speaker for the house with a former judge.

Its high time we demanded more than the shiite we get in question time from both parties.

You go high. Let them go low.

You put in place an icac,

You put standing rules in parliament for behaviour. Foi requests not honoured are subject to penalties against the minister responsible for that ministry.

Replace the speaker for the house with a former judge.

Its high time we demanded more than the shiite we get in question time from both parties.

You go high. Let them go low.
Love it.

Only problem is, getting this much done by Albanese in a single term is going to be fraught. Does he have a former judge within his government or within the house to take the speaker's role? Does he have a majority sufficient to do so if he does have one within his own party?

The point of all this is, never lose sight of why you're doing it by trying to do it the right way. The ends don't justify the means, but the means are not a goal unto themselves.

Australia needs to rid itself of the malaise effecting its politics and its political structure. The symbolism inherent in removing Morrison from Kirrabilli and the Lodge sooner rather than later is a necessary one, provided it's done right; it espouses a rejection of the previous status quo and the previous way of doing things. But it will take more than just the ICAC and a modification of the standing orders to fix things.

When the LNP give me sweeteners, why wouldI vote for the other party ?
Because if you were clever, you'd realise that in the long term you're better off with substance, not sweeteners. But I've yet to see any evidence you're clever, so I think there we have it I'm afraid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While I don't disagree - quite - I do have a question for you.

They - the Liberal-National Coalition - have exploited every part of the standing rules whilst in government that benefits them. They have openly rorted public money, and obfuscated when caught. They and he have lied, publicly, about what they've said and done.

Why do you extend democracy's protection to those who hold it in utter contempt?

Don't tell me that 'we can be better than that', because that perspective only ever leads to exploitation. When your opponent can cheat and scrape, respect for the rules proffers for them an unassailable advantage because your behaviour becomes predictable.
I'm just gonna loudly remind everyone at regular intervals that the Morrison government was the most corrupt and dishonest government Australia has ever had to endure.

Just stick with the facts, folks.

Says the man who never wanted to be held accountable for anything.

It's super funny this - when you view their post poll utterances through a lens of "who pissed them off the most?"

As the answer appears to be "Folks who spun a more believable line of bullshit than they could" 🤣

A simple analysis of the respective policy offerings at the last two elections shows you’re talking horseschitte.

ALOL!!

You can't force people to vote the way YOU want. It'll be a cold day in hell before I even remotely consider voting for the ALP, especially when they keep selecting poor leaders :)

ALOL!!

You can't force people to vote the way YOU want. It'll be a cold day in hell before I even remotely consider voting for the ALP, especially when they keep selecting poor leaders :)
Not to mention the corruption and dishonesty of the Morrison government.

Until the Coalition announce they’re having a cleanup of both their parties from top to bottom, anyone saying they’re voting Coalition is saying they’re voting for corruption and dishonesty.

And no, Labor aren’t as corrupt and dishonest, nowhere near it.

kicking scomo out of the PM homes asap is grubby, petty, and frankly demeaning. If you do this today, what will the libs do when they take back govt?

we need to grow up

Grubby and petty is how Scummo operates.
He is the last person who has any right to complain about being treated unfairly.

They appointed a stack of LNP shills to tribunals in the dying days of their govt.
That is many times worse than wanting to throw that f*cker out on his arse, which would be mainly for LOLs.
Those LNP shills will be destroying peoples lives with petty, grubby political decisions for years to come.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back