Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 2

TimmeT

Premiership Player
Mar 28, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Retailing is in the dumpster. To spend $500m and not open a store says it all.

The positive is we have Scotty from Marketing to save our economy. 🤪🤪🤪🤪
That has no relevance to the government unless you can demonstrate otherwise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

kirky

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
That has no relevance to the government unless you can demonstrate otherwise.
What that the retail environment is in the crapper. Are you that dim witted? Actually I know the answer it is a resounding yes.

What business would bother to spend $500m on getting ready to enter the market then decide, nah, better stick to Europe.

Retailing is in the doldrums, thanks in no part to the incompetents in Canberra, you know, Scotty from Marketing and his goons.

TimmeT

Premiership Player
Mar 28, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What that the retail environment is in the crapper. Are you that dim witted? Actually I know the answer it is a resounding yes.

What business would bother to spend $500m on getting ready to enter the market then decide, nah, better stick to Europe.

Retailing is in the doldrums, thanks in no part to the incompetents in Canberra, you know, Scotty from Marketing and his goons.
Supermarket retailing is still productive though no? The fact is that firstly the European market which was one of the primary reasons that Kaufland left has no relevance to the Australian market. Secondly seems that they might have discovered that they cannot compete against Aldi and Woolworths and Coles which would indicate issuexs with their own business.

Messenger

No, I’m just disappointed
Jun 16, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves
Supermarket retailing is still productive though no? The fact is that firstly the European market which was one of the primary reasons that Kaufland left has no relevance to the Australian market. Secondly seems that they might have discovered that they cannot compete against Aldi and Woolworths and Coles which would indicate issuexs with their own business.
“Concentrating on their European operations” is the polite way of saying “it’s not me, it’s you”.

Hawk Dork

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 9, 2005
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
They have lost faith in our future economic potential

Its a bad thing for Australia on many levels for the consumer and the supplier
Its great news for the duopoly

Kram

I'll brik u
May 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
Retail doing it tough in the online shopping era, stop the presses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doss

Super Moderator
Aug 1, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Retail doing it tough in the online shopping era, stop the presses.
To decide to throw in as many resources as Kaufland were going to in Australia, and even start the formative and construction process, head hunt and engage suppliers, and then do an about face and pull out of the whole thing is not business as usual.

kranky al

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 30, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth www.pixelpac.com.au
Has anyone totalled the amount of subsidies paid out so far on solar panel rebates and feed in tarrifs?
Wait wat?

feed in tarrifs?

where us solar owners get paid 6c a kwh for generating power?

sorry mate that isnt any form of rebate or tax incentive thats beinv paid (fwark all) for generating power and putting it into the grid.

as for the rest of your question I had a google and basically got a shitload of ads and government bumf promoting it...... im too tired to fine tune my search - i started 9m2 of 78m2 of brick paving around my house today - everything hurts....

GreyWind

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2007
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Considering Adani is getting $4.4b in subsidies, favourable deals and tax breaks over 30 years or $146,666,667 a year and that's just Adani. I sincerely doubt that solar panels will ever get close to Adani let alone all the other subsidies going to other coal mines.

kranky al

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 30, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth www.pixelpac.com.au
Considering Adani is getting $4.4b in subsidies, favourable deals and tax breaks over 30 years or $146,666,667 a year and that's just Adani. I sincerely doubt that solar panels will ever get close to Adani let alone all the other subsidies going to other coal mines.

I believe the subsides are around $2200 per install on average - it fluctuates

that one subsidy adani is getting would subsidise 2 000 000 australian households getting solar panels

or 1 000 000 pensioners full solar systems

imagine how many jobs that could generate?

A million solar systems for pensioners.....

Dry Rot

My hat is better than yours
Feb 21, 2002
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Malcolm Turnbull slams PM's response to climate change and bushfires

"I don't know why Scott Morrison has acted the way he has, to be frank with you. I worked with him very closely, I've known him for 20 years and I can't explain his conduct," the former prime minister told the BBC.

"I can't explain why he didn't meet the former fire commissioners who wanted to see him in March last year to talk about the gravity of the threat. Everybody knew we were in a very dry time and as a consequence the fire season was likely to be very bad.

"So rather than doing what a leader should do and preparing people for that, he downplayed it and then of course chose to go away on holiday in Hawaii? At the peak of the crisis? I just can't explain any of that. It's just not consistent with the way in which a prime minister would or should act."

Ok Boomer

Back in my day
Jul 27, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Unemployment figures today.

I am predicting figures that will be worse than expected, perhaps 5.3% v 5.2% which will be the trigger for another interest rate cut.

This will tank the dollar again, kill confidence further, kill retailers further because we import all of our finished goods which become more expensive because of the dollar and further expose the Morrison government’s woeful economic management. It has been going downhill since the moment he took over.

Crankitup

Premiership Player
Sep 23, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco

Retailing is in the dumpster. To spend $500m and not open a store says it all.

The positive is we have Scotty from Marketing to save our economy. 🤪🤪🤪🤪

They simply have bigger fish to fry dealing with the impact Brexit will have on their company is all.

Taylor

Jul 16, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
Wait wat?

feed in tarrifs?

where us solar owners get paid 6c a kwh for generating power?

sorry mate that isnt any form of rebate or tax incentive thats beinv paid (fwark all) for generating power and putting it into the grid.

as for the rest of your question I had a google and basically got a shitload of ads and government bumf promoting it...... im too tired to fine tune my search - i started 9m2 of 78m2 of brick paving around my house today - everything hurts....
When solar was first coming into WA in a big way the feed in price was something like 47c or 48c, way more than the 6 or 7c it is now.

Those deals were locked in for 7 to 8 years as incentive to get people into it.

If the tax on fuel that is for funding the cost of repairs to the road network being returned to businesses that don't use the road is seen as government giving money to that industry then the premium price on feed in is too.

Top Bottom