Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 2

AM

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2006
Here there and everywhere
AFL Club
Geelong
Actually I’m with Dusty Goat on this one. I know my federal and state members, and when parliament is not sitting they’re back at the office focussing even more on local matters.

Having said that, might have been a nice gesture to at least agree to a pay cut.
Can't agree SBD G. In an early incarnation I worked as the PA to a Minister and although he still had quite a lot on his plate when parliament wasn't sitting it was nothing like the workload when it was sitting. Triple the lower workload for backbencers. And please don't tell me parliamentarians spend a lot of time in their electorate offices - they just don't. Try and get an appointment to see one there. Electoral staff carry the workload there.

That aside, showing some empathy when so many Aussies are doing it hard should have been front of mind.

Cooldude

Hall of Famer
Dec 12, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers/Liverpool FC
While you decide for me if I'm being genuine with my responses we can't have any discussion in good faith.

I afford you the decency of at least looking at what you say without deciding for you what you mean.
Playing the victim doesn't really work either

What you said is what you said, shifting the goal posts later because you cannot answer and got exposed is just you conceding

Besides, shifting the goal posts and pettifogging is your entire shtick, if you want people to understand you concisely (which btw, we really do) then maybe try to get better at the English language, write shorter more concise points without 2000 word per post and pointless/deliberate waffling

I afforded you the decency of a proper rebuttal but all you end up doing is play woe is me, it's kinda weak but I expected as much

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taylor

Jul 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Playing the victim doesn't really work either

What you said is what you said, shifting the goal posts later because you cannot answer and got exposed is just you conceding

Besides, shifting the goal posts and pettifogging is your entire shtick, if you want people to understand you concisely (which btw, we really do) then maybe try to get better at the English language, write shorter more concise points without 2000 word per post and pointless/deliberate waffling

I afforded you the decency of a proper rebuttal but all you end up doing is play woe is me, it's kinda weak but I expected as much
You didn't afford me anything. You misrepresented my positions then dismissed any response as deception.

I'm not interested in wasting my time responding when you're not even listening. I already have a two year old.

hamohawk1

Club Legend
Feb 18, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I applaud everything Jacinta Ardern is doing, she really is doing a great job. But getting a bit sick of the circle jerk, she's got a lot less people to deal with, different circumstances (yet again, has still done everything she's been asked so far) but you can't do any worse than scotty in the last 6 months, how about every journo who is praising her goes equally as hard on how bad scomo has been

SBD Gonzalez

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
You didn't afford me anything. You misrepresented my positions then dismissed any response as deception.

I'm not interested in wasting my time responding when you're not even listening. I already have a two year old.
But your responses are so disingenuous.

Northalives

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2005
Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PORT ADELAIDE
What a fabulous job the Supremacists Government is doing. Whilst public hospitals are gearing up for the expected surge in patients requiring Intensive Care and have cancelled elective surgery, Private Hospitals have been granted an extra week to perform elective surgery!

Tit jobs and liposuction are way more important than this Chinese Flu - keep Australia Great!

hamohawk1

Club Legend
Feb 18, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
What a fabulous job the Supremacists Government is doing. Whilst public hospitals are gearing up for the expected surge in patients requiring Intensive Care and have cancelled elective surgery, Private Hospitals have been granted an extra week to perform elective surgery!

Tit jobs and liposuction are way more important than this Chinese Flu - keep Australia Great!
jobs and ....growth of you know what ;)

Deliverance

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Feel like Scotty could get it under control easy if today he announces:
- Each Australian is going to get x$$$ per week;
- Rent/ Mortgages are frozen

In return we require you to stay home for 3-4 weeks.

Done, sorted.
Just a shame he doesn't know how to lead. Couldn't even decide how long a haircut takes without Gladys' advice. 😂😂😂

herculez09

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 1, 2009
Brunswick
AFL Club
West Coast
ScoMo has been a rock of stability and certainty for his country.

AnAl has barely been sighted. Not sure if Labor can win a chook lotto with him at the helm, let alone a federal election. He's not a leaders a-hole.
Can you elaborate on both?

What you've written is likely based on nothing but a weakly unintelligent attempt to troll. As usual.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

kranky al

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 30, 2009
Greenough
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth www.pixelpac.com.au
From a friend of mine who worked in govt communications and now works for himself predicting outcomes

HEY EVERYONE MOST IMPORTANT POST ABOUT GOVERNMENT STRATEGY SHARE WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY

This news story is outright propaganda but it shows you exactly what the final plan is for Australia and what will happen.

tl;dr - YOU ARE GOING TO GET COVID-19

It's now clear we're going for the 'herd immunity' strategy that the UK started and then dropped in horror and what the US is doing, otherwise known as 'you're all gonna get it, hope you don't all die'.

Now let me say one thing up front - THIS ONLY WORKS IF THE VIRUS DOES NOT MUTATE SIGNIFICANTLY AND PEOPLE CANNOT BE RE-INFECTED AND NO ONE ENTERS YOUR COUNTRY EVER AGAIN WHILE SICK

We do not know if you can get reinfected - but we DO know that in most similar situations (eg the 'flu') that unless you entirely eradicate it from the world population it WILL come 'back' after a period and infect again and if you don't have a vaccine then you're back to square 1. So it's highly likely that 'herd immunity' only lasts for 6/12 months, if that. In other words, pretty useless when you realise that air travel allows near instant transmission.

There are two possible reasons why the government has chosen this path:

1) From the outset they worked on the very, very dodgy notion that the UK was using - 'Let everyone get it, shame about those who die, but it's only 2% lol and then everyone will be immune and we get back to MAKING MONEY MONEY MONEY'

2) They were just so useless in their hand wringing, heel dragging and corporate grovelling that by the time they worked whether or not you could get your hair cut, they were informed the virus is spreading so damn fast now we've had this scenario forced on us oh well better call in some tame scientists to burble about #flatteningthecurve and get the spin machine going.

The big problem of course is that this all relies on unknown data (re-infection) and ignores the PRETTY OBVIOUS FACT that we live in the 21st century and have AEROPLANES.

To put it another way, let's say this goes the way they want. 60% of Australians get it, thousands or tens of thousands die, but then your nation is comprised of the remainder of that 60% (who are immune and will not spread the disease in its current form) and the 40% who didn't get it and now will not get it from the other 60%.

Which is great AS LONG AS NO ONE FROM OUTSIDE THE COMMUNITY WHO IS SICK COMES TO AUSTRALIA AND INTRODUCES THE VIRUS TO ANYONE FROM THAT 40% GEE MR PROFESSOR OF EPIDEMIOLOGY HOW COME YOU MISSED THAT BIT WHEN YOUR COUNTERPARTS OVERSEAS DID NOT.

Which is what will happen. We will get through Wave 1, god knows how many die, life is hell, and then sCoMo announces ITS OVER WE DID IT THE LNP SAVED AUSTRALIA SORRY ABOUT GRANNY BUT SHE WOULD WANT YOU TO MAKE MONEY LETS HAVE A NATIONAL HOLIDAY EVERYONE GET PISSED HOW GOOD IS MONEY

The alleged 40% who didn't get it breathe a sigh of relief...

...until they start coughing a week later because someone from America touched a door handle before them. Every single sick person entering the nation potentially brings the virus to that remaining 40% and it will then spread through them, albeit slower.

That's the endgame here. Everyone gets it, eventually. Which, if you can't be reinfected and it doesn't mutate significantly is STILL a terrible idea because it STILL means the greater loss of life and cost in the long term, assuming you can do short term cost/long term cost calculations which the government is notoriously bad at.

If of course you CAN be re-infected and the virus DOES mutate then it's basically just outright murder of a sizeable part of your population.

Don't be a fool and see #flattenthecurve and think OH WOW THAT LOOKS CLEVER IT HAS A HASHTAG I THINK I KNOW SCIENCE.

This is about killing off lots of people, quite possibly your mum and dad and maybe even you, in the mistaken belief it will reduce the profit hit for major corporations and the more sinister reality that our Neoliberal nations are currently early-stage fascist states and our leaders will use this opportunity to increase their already draconian powers.

That's why you see a stark dividing line between the Western nations run by far right nutjobs (US, Aus, UK) and their 'do nothing' approach (except for the UK because Boris is slightly smarter than he looks) and all the other nations (lockdown).

I didn't vote for this, here's hoping you didn't. And if you did, while dying may be poetic justice, I hope it doesn't happen to you because you need to live long enough to learn from your mistakes.

QuietB

Brownlow Medallist
May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
From a friend of mine who worked in govt communications and now works for himself predicting outcomes

HEY EVERYONE MOST IMPORTANT POST ABOUT GOVERNMENT STRATEGY SHARE WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY

This news story is outright propaganda but it shows you exactly what the final plan is for Australia and what will happen.

It's now clear we're going for the 'herd immunity' strategy that the UK started and then dropped in horror and what the US is doing, otherwise known as 'you're all gonna get it, hope you don't all die'.

Now let me say one thing up front - THIS ONLY WORKS IF THE VIRUS DOES NOT MUTATE SIGNIFICANTLY AND PEOPLE CANNOT BE RE-INFECTED AND NO ONE ENTERS YOUR COUNTRY EVER AGAIN WHILE SICK

We do not know if you can get reinfected - but we DO know that in most similar situations (eg the 'flu') that unless you entirely eradicate it from the world population it WILL come 'back' after a period and infect again and if you don't have a vaccine then you're back to square 1. So it's highly likely that 'herd immunity' only lasts for 6/12 months, if that. In other words, pretty useless when you realise that air travel allows near instant transmission.

1) From the outset they worked on the very, very dodgy notion that the UK was using - 'Let everyone get it, shame about those who die, but it's only 2% lol and then everyone will be immune and we get back to MAKING MONEY MONEY MONEY'

2) They were just so useless in their hand wringing, heel dragging and corporate grovelling that by the time they worked whether or not you could get your hair cut, they were informed the virus is spreading so damn fast now we've had this scenario forced on us oh well better call in some tame scientists to burble about #flatteningthecurve and get the spin machine going.

The big problem of course is that this all relies on unknown data (re-infection) and ignores the PRETTY OBVIOUS FACT that we live in the 21st century and have AEROPLANES.

To put it another way, let's say this goes the way they want. 60% of Australians get it, thousands or tens of thousands die, but then your nation is comprised of the remainder of that 60% (who are immune and will not spread the disease in its current form) and the 40% who didn't get it and now will not get it from the other 60%.

Which is great AS LONG AS NO ONE FROM OUTSIDE THE COMMUNITY WHO IS SICK COMES TO AUSTRALIA AND INTRODUCES THE VIRUS TO ANYONE FROM THAT 40% GEE MR PROFESSOR OF EPIDEMIOLOGY HOW COME YOU MISSED THAT BIT WHEN YOUR COUNTERPARTS OVERSEAS DID NOT.

Which is what will happen. We will get through Wave 1, god knows how many die, life is hell, and then sCoMo announces ITS OVER WE DID IT THE LNP SAVED AUSTRALIA SORRY ABOUT GRANNY BUT SHE WOULD WANT YOU TO MAKE MONEY LETS HAVE A NATIONAL HOLIDAY EVERYONE GET PISSED HOW GOOD IS MONEY

...until they start coughing a week later because someone from America touched a door handle before them. Every single sick person entering the nation potentially brings the virus to that remaining 40% and it will then spread through them, albeit slower.

That's the endgame here. Everyone gets it, eventually. Which, if you can't be reinfected and it doesn't mutate significantly is STILL a terrible idea because it STILL means the greater loss of life and cost in the long term, assuming you can do short term cost/long term cost calculations which the government is notoriously bad at.

If of course you CAN be re-infected and the virus DOES mutate then it's basically just outright murder of a sizeable part of your population.

Don't be a fool and see #flattenthecurve and think OH WOW THAT LOOKS CLEVER IT HAS A HASHTAG I THINK I KNOW SCIENCE.

This is about killing off lots of people, quite possibly your mum and dad and maybe even you, in the mistaken belief it will reduce the profit hit for major corporations and the more sinister reality that our Neoliberal nations are currently early-stage fascist states and our leaders will use this opportunity to increase their already draconian powers.

That's why you see a stark dividing line between the Western nations run by far right nutjobs (US, Aus, UK) and their 'do nothing' approach (except for the UK because Boris is slightly smarter than he looks) and all the other nations (lockdown).

I didn't vote for this, here's hoping you didn't. And if you did, while dying may be poetic justice, I hope it doesn't happen to you because you need to live long enough to learn from your mistakes.
I think that is part right. This virus is not going anywhere and we are all going to get it. It is inevitable.

Flatten the curve is about not wiping out half our health workers in the first 2-3 months and not having people die in hospital waiting rooms or worse die whilst queuing in the streets. Those graphs have never stated people won't get it - just they will get is it over a more evenly spread of time.

The underlying premise that neo-liberalism cannot and does not want to deal with this is absolutely spot on though.

There is quite an irony that the most innovative economic system in the world is also the most rigid and resistant to change or disruption.

Crisis really is the achilles heal of neo-liberalism.

Number37

Oct 5, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney

That does seem to be the plan.
I wonder how they came up with this strategy?
How does one go for herd immunity when it is not known whether immunity is even possible?

EasternTiger

Cancelled
Oct 15, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Brilliant :thumbsu:

I think I read the exact same thing over on the conspiracy board. Did you post that up on your facebook matey?

Top Bottom