Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bushfires were caused by climate change and the rain that put them out is awkward?

You didn't read that Guardian article properly did you? 117m hectares were burnt in 1974. 15% of Australia. That 3.54ha you are desperate to cling to was just in NSW. I accept your apology.
The rain is rain Einstein.
It doesn't surprise me you are totally clueless when it comes to the climate.
Just keep chugging the kool-aid.

You didn't read that Guardian article properly did you? 117m hectares were burnt in 1974. 15% of Australia. That 3.54ha you are desperate to cling to was just in NSW. I accept your apology.
Australia is 52.4m hectares in size. The article cited is wrong.

The bushfires were caused by climate change and the rain that put them out is awkward?

No i didnt

and you are correct.

But you know whats the difference between me and your side?

Having being proven wrong i will never claim it again.

Your lot get boxed into a corner and just fo for a few days and bounce up in another thread claiming the same thing - ad infinitum.

my mind changes when new information is presented....

Last edited:
So maybe Kranky Al does hate capitalism and a free society. Let's say that is true.

What about Elon Musk? He has been speaking out about climate change for years.

Does he also hate capitalism and free

Could you tell me how many fire fighters there were in the early 20th century?

How did they coordinate their efforts?

What was their technology like?

Where were the fires then? How many people lived in the area?

I know you appear to not like scientists but the overwhelming majority believe that these fires are more intense and occurring in bigger concentrations than ever before. What qualifications do you have to dispute that?
For starters, Elon Musk doesn’t believe in capitalism unless it comes with massive government grants.
When you have drought and a hot summer then bushfires will always be extreme. Combine this with no access to National Parks and a complete failure to clear forest litter and it is a disaster waiting to happen.

With all of these modern resources in the end it took rain to put out these fires. What do you say about the 1974 fires that burnt out 10x the area and occurred during a year of lower than average rainfall and temperatures?

Yes. Water falling from the sky put out the controlled fires.
For starters, Elon Musk doesn’t believe in capitalism unless it comes with massive government grants.

So you don't think Adani are capatilists either?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There were fires in the early part of the 20th century that burnt out twice as much land. You’re blinded by the bs you’ve been brainwashed with.

Winning with facts again. Well done.

Yes, because earlier in the 20th century they had access to the same fire fighting tools as they do today. It ain't difficult to comprehend then again perhaps it is in your world.

Now you’re exaggerating. Fires, floods, droughts, etc nothing has changed. A 1 degree change since 1880. Tell your story walking pal.

giphy.gif

Yes. Water falling from the sky put out the controlled fires.

So you don't think Adani are capatilists either?

renewable energy get gubmint money= mad leb

Fossil fuels get much needed public funds for important economic expansions and jobsngrowth = happy leb

What part of more extreme weather don't you understand?
I literally just had a cyclone pass straight over my head but I don't connect that to the 1 degree temperature shift out planet has experienced this century. Cyclones have happened forever. As have drought. As have big rain.

Last edited:
The best one I've heard was the "expert" who reckoned climate change was causing greater geographic instability. Apparently the hotter weather is causing moisture changes that reduces the weight of land and causes warping of tectonic plates. Yep

I literally just had a cyclone pass straight over my head but I don't connect that to the 1 degree temperature shift out planet has experienced this century. After all cyclones have happened forever.
Correct, you can't atribute any single weather event to climate change. You have to look at the frequency and severity over time.

The best one I've heard was the "expert" who reckoned climate change was causing greater geographic instability. Apparently the hotter weather is causing moisture changes that reduces the weight of land and causes warping of tectonic plates. Yep
You should look into the climate change deniers "experts" for other crazy theories.

If the greens had done more back raining, these floods wouldn't have happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back