Status
Not open for further replies.

AM

The standard you walk past is the one you accept
Aug 18, 2006
Here there and everywhere
AFL Club
Geelong
Do you think that they don’t work just because they’re not sitting in parliament?
When parliament isn't sitting the workload is decreased significantly - particularly on backbenchers.

But the more important point is if they expect ordinary aussies to make sacrifices - as they do - they should show leadership by doing so too.

Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
When parliament isn't sitting the workload is decreased significantly - particularly on backbenchers.

But the more important point is if they expect ordinary aussies to make sacrifices - as they do - they should show leadership by doing so too.
They didn't sit long enough to legislate the reduced salary, they'll get round to it in August.
Maybe.

Dusty Goat

Debutant
Mar 4, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond

Well no. No parliament just means that there is more time to allocate serving their constituents. They’re not exactly going to be on the couch playing xbox. Ultimately it is they who will navigate us through these hard times. Pay them.

A study from creditcard.com, lemme just pull up a counter study from cosmopolitan, it'd just about be as valid.

The entire passage of the study quoting how it was inconclusive and it does not show that guns prevent gun crime was written in the actual study, but you of course, chose to ignore it

Because sipping a coconut in Hawaii isn't about himself, he is sipping it for the Australian people while they burned XD

Nope, you are just using the alleged cost as pettifogging to justify doing nothing

Which sums up your entire phony shtick: boring pettifogging

Nope, it was you justifying racism and blaming the victim, waffle on with the wordy excuses though.

Oh you did, I am not surprised you tried to justify racist attacks though, you have form

I won't feed the obvious troll anymore than I need to, as it's boring and you get a kick out of it, but the whole playing dumb thing is kinda hilarious, everyone knows what you're up to
While you decide for me if I'm being genuine with my responses we can't have any discussion in good faith.

I afford you the decency of at least looking at what you say without deciding for you what you mean.

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
'It's a kick in the guts': New arrivals at Sydney Airport ignore COVID-19 rules

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-...airport-after-video-shows-long-lines/12092796

And this just in from Sydney Airport...you cannot make this s**t up, what an absolute failure this country is.

Airport is privatised. Security is privatised. They didn’t sign up for this s**t.

Once again we are seeing neo-liberalism fail pathetically. The entire system is totally incapable of dealing with any significant interruption.

Ignore the problem for as long as possible and then privatise the BIG loses at the end.

Rinse and repeat

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?

Actually I’m with Dusty Goat on this one. I know my federal and state members, and when parliament is not sitting they’re back at the office focussing even more on local matters.

Having said that, might have been a nice gesture to at least agree to a pay cut.

AM

The standard you walk past is the one you accept
Aug 18, 2006
Here there and everywhere
AFL Club
Geelong
Actually I’m with Dusty Goat on this one. I know my federal and state members, and when parliament is not sitting they’re back at the office focussing even more on local matters.

Having said that, might have been a nice gesture to at least agree to a pay cut.
Can't agree SBD G. In an early incarnation I worked as the PA to a Minister and although he still had quite a lot on his plate when parliament wasn't sitting it was nothing like the workload when it was sitting. Triple the lower workload for backbencers. And please don't tell me parliamentarians spend a lot of time in their electorate offices - they just don't. Try and get an appointment to see one there. Electoral staff carry the workload there.

That aside, showing some empathy when so many Aussies are doing it hard should have been front of mind.

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
While you decide for me if I'm being genuine with my responses we can't have any discussion in good faith.

I afford you the decency of at least looking at what you say without deciding for you what you mean.
You have many words. These are some of your words.

Dec 12, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers/Liverpool FC

Playing the victim doesn't really work either

What you said is what you said, shifting the goal posts later because you cannot answer and got exposed is just you conceding

Besides, shifting the goal posts and pettifogging is your entire shtick, if you want people to understand you concisely (which btw, we really do) then maybe try to get better at the English language, write shorter more concise points without 2000 word per post and pointless/deliberate waffling

I afforded you the decency of a proper rebuttal but all you end up doing is play woe is me, it's kinda weak but I expected as much

Playing the victim doesn't really work either

What you said is what you said, shifting the goal posts later because you cannot answer and got exposed is just you conceding

Besides, shifting the goal posts and pettifogging is your entire shtick, if you want people to understand you concisely (which btw, we really do) then maybe try to get better at the English language, write shorter more concise points without 2000 word per post and pointless/deliberate waffling

I afforded you the decency of a proper rebuttal but all you end up doing is play woe is me, it's kinda weak but I expected as much
You didn't afford me anything. You misrepresented my positions then dismissed any response as deception.

I'm not interested in wasting my time responding when you're not even listening. I already have a two year old.

hamohawk1

Premiership Player
Feb 18, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I applaud everything Jacinta Ardern is doing, she really is doing a great job. But getting a bit sick of the circle jerk, she's got a lot less people to deal with, different circumstances (yet again, has still done everything she's been asked so far) but you can't do any worse than scotty in the last 6 months, how about every journo who is praising her goes equally as hard on how bad scomo has been

Northalives

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2005
Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PORT ADELAIDE
What a fabulous job the Supremacists Government is doing. Whilst public hospitals are gearing up for the expected surge in patients requiring Intensive Care and have cancelled elective surgery, Private Hospitals have been granted an extra week to perform elective surgery!

Tit jobs and liposuction are way more important than this Chinese Flu - keep Australia Great!

hamohawk1

Premiership Player
Feb 18, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
What a fabulous job the Supremacists Government is doing. Whilst public hospitals are gearing up for the expected surge in patients requiring Intensive Care and have cancelled elective surgery, Private Hospitals have been granted an extra week to perform elective surgery!

Tit jobs and liposuction are way more important than this Chinese Flu - keep Australia Great!
jobs and ....growth of you know what ;)

Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Feel like Scotty could get it under control easy if today he announces:
- Each Australian is going to get x$$$ per week;
- Rent/ Mortgages are frozen

In return we require you to stay home for 3-4 weeks.

Done, sorted.
Just a shame he doesn't know how to lead. Couldn't even decide how long a haircut takes without Gladys' advice. 😂😂😂

Brunswick Trap King

Lord Mayor of Melbourne
Jun 1, 2009
Brunswick
AFL Club
West Coast
ScoMo has been a rock of stability and certainty for his country.

AnAl has barely been sighted. Not sure if Labor can win a chook lotto with him at the helm, let alone a federal election. He's not a leaders a-hole.
Can you elaborate on both?

What you've written is likely based on nothing but a weakly unintelligent attempt to troll. As usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back