Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The origins will still be central to the investigation.
Once again, such thinking has no place in an inquiry. You can't go assuming this or that will be central to the investigation before it even gets under way. You collect all the info, analyse it and then decide what's important and what's not. It may be a part of it but you can't possibly declare that it will be central to it.

Once again, such thinking has no place in an inquiry. You can't go assuming this or that will be central to the investigation before it even gets under way. You collect all the info, analyse it and then decide what's important and what's not. It may be a part of it but you can't possibly declare that it will be central to it.

I dare say the origins of how the pandemic was created (and then the CCP's respone or lack thereof) would be central if not a big piece of the cake. Like, a very, very big sized chunk of the cake.
What you can't do, with which was my initial objection today in this thread - is say - that Australia's push for an inquiry was dancing to the tune of the US and run with that as fact. I read comments here and listened to a podcast on RRR breakfast as if this was so.

I dare say the origins of how the pandemic was created (and then the CCP's respone or lack thereof) would be central if not a big piece of the cake. Like, a very, very big sized chunk of the cake.
What you can't do, with which was my initial objection today in this thread - is say - that Australia's push for an inquiry was dancing to the tune of the US and run with that as fact. I read comments here and listened to a podcast on RRR breakfast as if this was so.
I think there's an interesting question there. I believe Wong commented on the issue on Insiders, I've not yet watched it but I'm eager to hear her take on it.

Whether we were dancing to the tune of the US or not, our farmers have been dicked big time. Pretty shrewd on Trump's part to go and sign a deal with China rather than standing firm as our ally and advocating for free trade as has been the status quo for decades.

Morrison government finally admits there will be electric utes, and EVs can tow caravans

The Morrison government has finally conceded that there will be all-electric utes for tradies, and that models already available in the Australian market are suitable for towing caravans, despite a fear campaign run throughout the 2019 election campaign.

In the lead up to the 2019 federal election, the Morrison government sought to scare voters over the Labor party’s support for electric vehicles, saying that Labor would dictate to Australians which cars they could drive and that the Morrison government would instead “save your ute”.

The Morrison government also claimed that the Labor party’s election platform included plans to “end the weekend”, by supporting electric vehicles that would not be able to tow a caravan or pull a trailer.

However, in response to ‘questions taken on notice’ by senator Simon Birmingham on behalf of federal energy minister Angus Taylor during a session of Senate Estimates held in March, the government has now conceded that its fear-mongering in the election campaign had no basis.

Morrison government finally admits there will be electric utes, and EVs can tow caravans

The Morrison government has finally conceded that there will be all-electric utes for tradies, and that models already available in the Australian market are suitable for towing caravans, despite a fear campaign run throughout the 2019 election campaign.

In the lead up to the 2019 federal election, the Morrison government sought to scare voters over the Labor party’s support for electric vehicles, saying that Labor would dictate to Australians which cars they could drive and that the Morrison government would instead “save your ute”.

The Morrison government also claimed that the Labor party’s election platform included plans to “end the weekend”, by supporting electric vehicles that would not be able to tow a caravan or pull a trailer.

However, in response to ‘questions taken on notice’ by senator Simon Birmingham on behalf of federal energy minister Angus Taylor during a session of Senate Estimates held in March, the government has now conceded that its fear-mongering in the election campaign had no basis.

But

Yeah sure it was a beat up.

Verdict
After nearly 700km of testing with both cars, it’s fair to say that the Tesla is indeed a capable tow vehicle, provided you keep the distances relatively short and plan around charge station locations.

Needed to recharge after 162 Km.
"Super" recharger ( good luck finding lots of these around ) took an hour and 20 minutes.
Drive for 2 hours 23, charge for 1 hour 20. Happy holidays electric flogs.

Here is a list of possible destinations.

You should be able to get 300km a day.
Don't even think about going off the beaten track.

Morrison obviously didn't run his new 'JobMaker' slogan through the Homer Simpson test.

Marge: Homer, if the baby's a boy, what do you think about the name Larry?
Homer: Marge, we can't do that. All the kids will call him Larry Fairy.
Marge: How about Louie?
Homer: They'll call him Screwy Louie.
Marge: Bob?
Homer: Slob.
Marge: Luke?
Homer: Puke.
Marge: Marcus?
Homer: Mucus.
Marge: What about Bart?
Homer: Hmm, let's see. Bart, Cart, Dart, E-art... nope, can't see any problem with that.

Took Adam Bandt a couple of minutes to coin JobFaker and I can see it taking off.

Yeah sure it was a beat up.

Verdict
After nearly 700km of testing with both cars, it’s fair to say that the Tesla is indeed a capable tow vehicle, provided you keep the distances relatively short and plan around charge station locations.

Needed to recharge after 162 Km.
"Super" recharger ( good luck finding lots of these around ) took an hour and 20 minutes.
Drive for 2 hours 23, charge for 1 hour 20. Happy holidays electric flogs.

Here is a list of possible destinations.

You should be able to get 300km a day.
Don't even think about going off the beaten track.

Horses for courses
1590464505137.png

Seems like the jobmaker plan is basically just an attempt to water down the modern awards with a bit talk about Tafe sprinkled in. Sad but predictable that liberals would use this to water down workers rights.

Baiileu-Napthine govt used the term 'sustainainbility' to lay off people

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cliff notes
Dept of Ag is aware there are sick crew members on board, yet still lets them dock in Freo.
Dept of Ag doesnt tell Freo ports who get informed by word of mouth there are crew members with Covid 19 on there.

Cliff notes
Dept of Ag is aware there are sick crew members on board, yet still lets them dock in Freo.
Dept of Ag doesnt tell Freo ports who get informed by word of mouth there are crew members with Covid 19 on there.

The communications channels are crap, but no-one has done anything wrong here.

What is happening with ships crews at the moment though.
Freight is being shipped as normal, but are the crew actually allowed to land anywhere at all?
Freo ports "were not informed" about the sick people.
What happens with all the other ships who may have asymptomatic crew members on board?
Pretty sure Freo ports ( and our other ports ) would have a fair idea there are international ships with international crew on them going in and out of their ports.

How are they dealing with the flight crews of cargo aircraft?

For that matter, what is happening with Interstate truck drivers while the borders are supposedly closed?
These truck drivers would be higher risk than your average guy wanting to cross the borders to go to the shops.

The communications channels are crap, but no-one has done anything wrong here.

What is happening with ships crews at the moment though.
Freight is being shipped as normal, but are the crew actually allowed to land anywhere at all?
Freo ports "were not informed" about the sick people.
What happens with all the other ships who may have asymptomatic crew members on board?
Pretty sure Freo ports ( and our other ports ) would have a fair idea there are international ships with international crew on them going in and out of their ports.

How are they dealing with the flight crews of cargo aircraft?

For that matter, what is happening with Interstate truck drivers while the borders are supposedly closed?
These truck drivers would be higher risk than your average guy wanting to cross the borders to go to the shops.
Ss, all fair points.

My annoyance starts and stops with the how hard is it to communicate between fed/state. Its 1 email.

Fyi- cruise ship has self reported ill crew members on board.
Please activate appropriate protocols.

Oh goody, let’s rush through discussions to change everyone’s work awards and entitlements to be completed by September.

What more will they try and sneak through.

This.

I will happily admit I am a cynic when it comes to this government but this STINKS.

Think of this, in pretty much precisely 4 months time Jobseeker gos back to Newstart and Jobkeeper ends. Unemployment will be circa 20% (probably 30-40% if it was measured properly).

Good strong bargaining position for workers :rolleyes:

Scotty from marketing would want to be very careful how much he bites off here. Last time a prime minister overreached massively on industrial relations he lost his seat the very next election.

This.

I will happily admit I am a cynic when it comes to this government but this STINKS.

Think of this, in pretty much precisely 4 months time Jobseeker gos back to Newstart and Jobkeeper ends. Unemployment will be circa 20% (probably 30-40% if it was measured properly).

Good strong bargaining position for workers :rolleyes:

Scotty from marketing would want to be very careful how much he bites off here. Last time a prime minister overreached massively on industrial relations he lost his seat the very next election.
I'm assuming he couldn't get the numbers for his union buster bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back