Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever is writing his speeches is doing a great job at the moment. Slipping in those lines that are really pulling at the 'quiet australians' heartstrings. It's all talk, but theres no doubt it will work.

So do we have any details on Jobstarter yet? We have a 4 month deadline no doubt picked to coincide with the end of Jobseeker and Jobkeeper but there is zero detail and what this is actually about.

“Targets without plans, without funding, without costing, I mean only Labor can do this multiple times."

:think:

Whoever is writing his speeches is doing a great job at the moment. Slipping in those lines that are really pulling at the 'quiet australians' heartstrings. It's all talk, but theres no doubt it will work.

Its indistinguishable from the sermons he hears each week wherever he goes. and if religion isn't the original 'empty promise' I don't know what is

I heard Scotty wants to work with unions. Will they even make it into the same room without walking out?

If I were the unions I would decline and play hardball to drag the real agenda into the open.

IMO, it will be similar, if not identical, to the US system where minimum wage is nothing and job security is non-existent.

If I were the unions I would decline and play hardball to drag the real agenda into the open.

IMO, it will be similar, if not identical, to the US system where minimum wage is nothing and job security is non-existent.

Is a real fork in the road moment for Australian workers. Feel we can go the UK/ America model where life is great if you're earning good enough coin, yet there is a vast amount of people basically on the poverty line, or be progressive and try and bring everyone through a reasonable standard of life. Maybe the second is a bit dreamy though...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is a real fork in the road moment for Australian workers. Feel we can go the UK/ America model where life is great if you're earning good enough coin, yet there is a vast amount of people basically on the poverty line, or be progressive and try and bring everyone through a reasonable standard of life. Maybe the second is a bit dreamy though...

We are already the UK / American model. That ship has sailed.

... and reports that Russia have signed a beef deal with China. I'm sure the Nats will be over the moon with their coalition partner.
As long as they dont sign a deal on oil or gas that locks us out the nats wont do sfa

they long ago gave up the pretence of being a country party - they country folk are just do thick to work it out

As long as they dont sign a deal on oil or gas that locks us out the nats wont do sfa

they long ago gave up the pretence of being a country party - they country folk are just do thick to work it out
Problem is that none of the parties at federal level really give a s**t about country people.

Problem is that none of the parties at federal level really give a s**t about country people.

I don't think they give a s**t about anyone living 10+ km's out of the CBD of most major cities. Can probably put it down to most politicians living within this proximity to the CBD, and the knowledge a lot of people don't necessarily swing their vote.

what happened to the ‘new world’ after the gfc whe we were all in it together?

* the rich got substantially richer and the poor got a little better off (debatable). What’s to stop that happening again? Shouldn’t emergency services and other essential workers get a bigger slice of pie?

how do you measure a fireys productivity? Light more bushfires?

What is Scotty going to do with the $60b?

They have printed it (digitally). So what do they do with it?

Is he silly enough to claim a $60b surplus in an election year?

If Uni students can't come back, and tourists have to spend 2 weeks in isolation for the next 3-6 months, we're going to need every cent

Yup

in wa the wa nationals do - but grylls fucqd with the miners

But yeah federally nowt nothing nada

the political group that probably has the least anti country focus is the greens.

and thats kinda like having hitler, stalin and tojo to choose from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back