Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Underemployment is also about to ruin this nations ability to pay for pensions.

If I am Scotty i am making sure that every Aussie has a 40 hour well paying job per week or else this nation is f’ed even more.

But Scatty cant see past next week let alone 10 years down the line (Can we get like a clone of Keating in charge, I want My nation to be in safe hands, not in the hands of ******s)
The LNP don't care. They just don't care.

Casualization, off-shoring jobs, etc helps their business mates make more money, which is all they care about.

They exist for the elite, the well off, big business, their mates - you get the idea.

This is why they look down their noses at the less well off. And treat them accordingly. I copped Robodebt - twice.

They are an appalling stain on this country, Howard started it all and rubbish human beings like Abbott and Morrison have continued it.

I agree with you, I think the tide will turn. I have faith in the younger generation coming through to deal with them and their disgusting politics.

I'm 60. I bought my place (in Sydney) in 87 for $51k, and was able to get a half price interest rate via my employer (a bank). I can't recall what my income was at the time, it would have been in the mid $20k range. A piece of piss.

Try being a young couple nowadays in the circumstances you and I have outlined and trying to buy a house. Impossible.

I used to be a rusted on conservative, but I saw the light and I'm glad I did. The LNP make me sick and I will speak out against them until my dying day.

We are a better country than this.

he LNP don't care. They just don't care.

Casualization, off-shoring jobs, etc helps their business mates make more money, which is all they care about.

They exist for the elite, the well off, big business, their mates - you get the idea.
And that will bite us in the arse in the long run, when the people have money the economy is great, but a nation of consumers without spending money is recession bait.

They are an appalling stain on this country, Howard started it all and rubbish like Abbott and Morrison have continued it.

I agree with you, I think the tide will turn. I have faith in the younger generation coming through to deal with them and their disgusting politics.
To quote Whitlam it is time to vote them out.

I'm 60. I bought my place (in Sydney) in 87 for $51k, and was able to get a half price interest rate via my employer (a bank). I can't recall what my income was at the time, it would have been in the mid $20k range. A piece of piss.

Try being a young couple in that situation nowadays in the circumstances you and I have outlined. Impossible.
Give me those prices and those rates over todays absurd cost of living

I used to be a rusted on conservative, but I saw the light and I'm glad I did. They make me sick and I will speak out against them until my dying day.

We are a better country than this.
Being Conservite has changed in this Nation, it went from Menzies and Fraser to a bastardised version.

They are an appalling stain on this country, Howard started it all and rubbish human beings like Abbott and Morrison have continued it.
I dunno why you guys always give Hawke and Keating such a free pass

Murdoch, tertiary education cuts and negative gearing all started with them

Last edited:

their 2010 declaration which is still part of their platform
Well funnily enough, if you believe Palestinians have the same rights as you and me and as Israelis, you might believe they're entitled to some land eh?

Sorry, anyone who is going to take one side in the most intractable land dispute in history, and then characterise the opposing position as "ethnic cleansing" is not to be taken seriously. I have no definitive position on Israel-Palestine but one reason for that is that only an idiot could not see that there have been atrocious acts committed by both sides.

And regardless, we can take it you have no dispute with the rest of my post so that pretty much settles that. You're not interested in serious corruption reform in Australia.

Well funnily enough, if you believe Palestinians have the same rights as you and me and as Israelis, you might believe they're entitled to some land eh?

Sorry, anyone who is going to take one side in the most intractable land dispute in history, and then characterise the opposing position as "ethnic cleansing" is not to be taken seriously. I have no definitive position on Israel-Palestine but one reason for that is that only an idiot could not see that there have been atrocious acts committed by both sides.
There are plenty of reasonable positions opposing Israeli settlements, but advocating the forced deportation of three quarters of a million people from their homes is not one of them

Weird that I should have to point that out but there you go

Last edited:
There are plenty of reasonable positions opposing Israeli settlements, but advocating the ethnic cleansing of three quarters of a million people is not one of them

Weird that I should have to point that out but there you go
Your characterisation, not necessarily anyone else's.

The Australian Greens will work for:
2.1 the removal of Israeli settlers and Israeli security and military forces from the Palestinian territories
2.2 the termination of the occupation of the Palestinian territories and the establishment of a secure and viable state of Palestine alongside Israel, based on 4 June 1967 boundaries with both states sharing Jerusalem as their capital
2.3 a just and practical negotiated settlement of the claims of the Palestinian refugees that provides compensation for those who are unable to return to their country of origin, Israel or Palestine
2.4 the right of each state to independently manage its own affairs, including foreign relations and economic development, without the dominance of one state over the other
2.5 the equitable allocation of shared resources, including water
2.6 the promotion of a culture of dialogue, harmony, peace and reconciliation between the peoples of Palestine and Israel, both in the Middle East and in Australia, fostered through educational, cultural and other institutions
2.7 full equality before the laws of each jurisdiction, for every citizen of that jurisdiction, irrespective of ethnic origin, religion or belief, race or gender.

I really have no interest in an Israel/Palestine pissing contest, but you can't seriously say that Israel has its nose clean in this dispute.

Anyway, given your clear reluctance to talk about cleaning up political corruption in this country, it's obvious you're all for corruption continuing; and that's all anyojne needs to know about you for now.

I don’t support moving the embassy, but saying it’s more radical than advocating forced removal of three quarter of a million people from their homes is risible
Moving the embassy was floated by the leader of our government, there was an actual possibility of it happening (no matter how idiotic it would have been). In my view, that would pretty much signify an end to Australian support for a two state solution, thereby denying Palestinian's the right to self-determination, to statehood and a whole host of benefits. Would signify a complete reversal of 40 years of foreign policy.

Repatriation of settled Israelis would likely require the consent of both Israel and Palestine, never gonna happen.

I dunno why you guys always give Hawke and Keating such a free pass

Murdoch, tertiary education cuts and negative gearing all started with them
They were not perfect, but would you rather live in their Australia or Today?

Give me Hawke and Keating over the campaigners known as the LNP any day of the week.

Under them We were one the best nations in the world, now we are ******* shambles of a nation, a oligarchy and a bitch of a nation (More specifically America's bitch)

Hawke and Keating saved this nation, and Howard reaped Keatings plans which made sure "the liberal party are strong economic managers" lie is maintained.

Would you want to be my age right here, right now in Australia? Or be born when you were born?

Give me the Keating's "high interest" rates and low cost over today, Do you want to pay 600k for a home 70 mins away from the CBD with shoody transport and amenities?

Our gun cricket team was formed under Hawke and Keating, not the LNP, Labor does the hard yards and the LNP takes benefit. But i expect those lies from a party formed from a man who betrayed us to Imperial japan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They did, last year during the bushfires
No they didn't you fool.

A women's rights activist made the statement at one of Larissa Water's press conferences.

Larissa Waters clarified that the Greens absolutely do not support that statement.

Fk me, might as well label the whole Australian Government anti-vaxxers because of Craig Kelly.

Then those 31% are elite private school boys and girls, and happy clappers. Or in my area w***ers who hate immergartion yet vote for the party of 457 visas.

My goal is make sure the Liberal party dies in my life time.

Lots of truth to this.

The politics at my private school was certainly more pro-LNP than at my shithole state school.

25-34 is some age gap in the modern times, though. Given how quickly things change now (even here), they may as well be from different generations. The 34 year olds would be old enough to remember the (relative) best of Howard, but the 25 year olds wouldn't.

Realistically a lot of the rest will start voting Liberal once they get a mortgage and a couple of kids

The ALP really needs to find a way to appeal to young middle-income families, they always lose elections in the 35-45 age bracket

The problem is that the US Republicans thought this as well.

In reality, hardly anyone under 40 votes Repub because there's just no point.

The LNP are certainly not as right-wing as the Repubs, but I reckon they face the same problems as the ALP going forward - i.e. their base becomes increasingly unclear. Their bedrock of middle-class welfare earning families is slowly disappearing, and the coalies obviously conflict with their traditional blue-ribbon base. Younger generations are becoming more atomised (i.e. - remaining single) and are less likely to start families and have kids.

That doesn't mean that they'll necessarily vote for the ALP, but I don't see the LNP being much of an option either, even if one argues that compulsory voting compels us towards a more two-party system. If Australia is being atomised, then it makes sense that our political scene will become more atomised, and our elections will more resemble Italy than historical Australia, where every group just votes for their own party depending on self-interest, with a few idealists. I'm not suggesting that this is necessarily a good thing, though - in a place like Italy, you never know who'll win because a million permutations could engender a million results.

It may not be that bad, though - we could just wind up like NZ, wherein the minor parties are powerful enough to form unions with one of the two major parties (not unlike Gillard making deals with Bob Brown). Intuitively, I'd expect us to adopt the NZ approach before the Italian approach, not just because NZ are more functional, but because Anglo countries tend to borrow from each other more than they do Continental European countries.

And yes, 1980 and 1993 are barely part of the same generation as is, and for all intents and purposes have completely different interests given how quickly the world has changed since 2007.

The Australian Greens will work for:
2.1 the removal of Israeli settlers and Israeli security and military forces from the Palestinian territories
Forced removal of three quarters of a million people sounds like textbook ethnic cleansing to me

The LNP are certainly not as right-wing as the Repubs, but I reckon they face the same problems as the ALP going forward - i.e. their base becomes increasingly unclear.
The Coalition has never had a consistent or homogenous ideology so I don’t really see them having any kind of identity crisis

They will just continue to pivot to oppose whatever ALP does, and continue to pick up most of the votes of people whose interests are not served by organised labour

That will only change if the ALP decouples from the union movement, which I can’t see happening in my lifetime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back