Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sometimes the worst thing that can happen is getting precisely what you wish for, because Dutton as leader is a train wreck waiting to happen.

I cling to this hope that once Rupert finally kicks the bucket, whichever of his children that takes over will close the loss-making newspaper empire and butt out of Australian politics. I don't think it's likely though.

Is it loss making for Uncle Rup? He gets his Foxtel women’s sports money on the side remember.

Anyone suggesting Morrison will be replaced and/or the LNP won't win the election are very foolish.

lol. 2 months ago they had every chance to win an early election. They can't call an early one given what has transpired over the past 3 weeks. Economy will be in a free fall next year - they're done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone suggesting Morrison will be replaced and/or the LNP won't win the election are very foolish.

Before this week, I would say Morrison was favorite to win the next election but his handling of the cabinet minister story looks like a political own goal and the longer it takes for the minister to oust himself the stinkier it looks. If the minister is innocent then this has already been badly managed.

True and while I generally despise Lambie, she is the ONLY voice in Parliament that wants to deal with the pathetic treatment Vets are getting
I've come to appreciate Lambie. Sure, I don't agree with a lot of her worldview, but that will be the case for a lot of parliamentarians. It's not just the veterans she speaks up for, but also the poor. I can't hate on someone who does that sincerely.

lol. 2 months ago they had every chance to win an early election. They can't call an early one given what has transpired over the past 3 weeks. Economy will be in a free fall next year - they're done.

And the other issue is the Morrison government has been cluster * after cluster * - sportsrorts - Helloworld - bushfires - water rorts - falsified documents - grasslands - Paladin - airport land - Robodebt - aged care deaths (no plan) - aged care RC - Brittany Higgins rape - alleged rapist in cabinet and I am sure I have missed some.

All of this has hidden behind COVID but COVID is fading.

Last edited:
Before this week, I would say Morrison was favorite to win the next election but his handling of the cabinet minister story looks like a political own goal and the longer it takes for the minister to oust himself the stinkier it looks. If the minister is innocent then this has already been badly managed.

Something tells me that there is a lot more going on under the surface on this and they have a mountain of material to launch against the minister.

A quick read of twitter indicates that there have been all sorts of legal threats and intimidation by more than one Liberal ministers over time and it appears that has happened here as well.

It also appears that the victim was a person of significant standing and her supporters are also of standing and unlikely to drop this matter any time soon.

I think this is why we have the prime minister insisting this must be dealt with by police. Because if their gets resolved in the court of public opinion - and it will - the minister is going to get annihilated.

True and while I generally despise Lambie, she is the ONLY voice in Parliament that wants to deal with the pathetic treatment Vets are getting
I remember her leaving the Liberal Party because it was a so called 'boys club.' She has changed a bit for the better, although that rotten party has not. I don't like Lambie, but I do have a level of respect for her

I've come to appreciate Lambie. Sure, I don't agree with a lot of her worldview, but that will be the case for a lot of parliamentarians. It's not just the veterans she speaks up for, but also the poor. I can't hate on someone who does that sincerely.

She is a great example of people changing for the better once they are in power. She has admitted her views have changed and the hard line has softened in places. I often don't agree with her, I wouldn't vote for her, but I do respect her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back