Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is what happens when major sh*t happens when the LNP is in charge.

When things actually need to be done in this nation Labor leads the way.
Yep, and the state governments are already stepping in to try and take over federal government logistics and domestic supply chains.

Doesn't fix the AZ problem though.

The one thing they had to get right, that couldn't be offloaded onto the states, they've failed at. Through incompetence, penny pinching, ignoring outside advice from experts/globally and possibly corruption in the case of AZ.
One thing they could not * up, they ****ed up.

Scotty and his govenment * everything they touch.

Wow there are going to be some sad people in here in September - May 2019 style.

I am not fond of ScoMo (too smooth), but he has handled the economy very well. IMO he spent too much on handouts but it has avoided a major recession so he will get huge ticks for that.

Voters will look at Victoria and Queensland to see how poorly Labor has managed Covid (I actually think Anna has done ok but I am betting more lockdowns from Qld Health incompetence). They will also remember Albo from such magnificent ALP programs like school halls and the home scheme where Rudd’s rollout had four workers killed. Put Albo next to Kevin in advertising and ask how he would have done.

Albo is also politically stupid. Putting Kristina Kennelley as a major spokesperson underlines that. His shift to focus on family values (which he has subtlety done) is very smart. He is underplaying left wing policies like climate change and refugees to try and shift focus but it won’t work. At his heart Albo is a left wing zealot.

ScoMo has $80-$100 billion in long term debt to play with. Watch major infrastructure announcements come post budget. “Building Australia for 2050 and beyond”. Equate coming out of Covid with post WW2 rebuild. Golden age of opportunity ahead etc

Just like I knew Shorten would never be PM, Albo will not be. ALP only wins in Canberra when they have a leader who is very conservative - ie Rudd pretending to be Howard lite. Want to win? Say high to Joel Fitzgibbon or clean up Jim Chalmers. Tanya is doing a good job by reaching out to people like Alan Jones

Libs only stay in power when they have a non-idealist/pragmatic deal maker. That was Howard. ScoMo lacks Howard’s character but there is not a deal he won’t make to benefit himself politically

Wow there are going to be some sad people in here in September - May 2019 style.

I am not fond of ScoMo (too smooth), but he has handled the economy very well. IMO he spent too much on handouts but it has avoided a major recession so he will get huge ticks for that.

Voters will look at Victoria and Queensland to see how poorly Labor has managed Covid (I actually think Anna has done ok but I am betting more lockdowns from Qld Health incompetence). They will also remember Albo from such magnificent ALP programs like school halls and the home scheme where Rudd’s rollout had four workers killed. Put Albo next to Kevin in advertising and ask how he would have done.

Albo is also politically stupid. Putting Kristina Kennelley as a major spokesperson underlines that. His shift to focus on family values (which he has subtlety done) is very smart. He is underplaying left wing policies like climate change and refugees to try and shift focus but it won’t work. At his heart Albo is a left wing zealot.

ScoMo has $80-$100 billion in long term debt to play with. Watch major infrastructure announcements come post budget. “Building Australia for 2050 and beyond”. Equate coming out of Covid with post WW2 rebuild. Golden age of opportunity ahead etc

Just like I knew Shorten would never be PM, Albo will not be. ALP only wins in Canberra when they have a leader who is very conservative - ie Rudd pretending to be Howard lite. Want to win? Say high to Joel Fitzgibbon or clean up Jim Chalmers. Tanya is doing a good job by reaching out to people like Alan Jones

Libs only stay in power when they have a non-idealist/pragmatic deal maker. That was Howard. ScoMo lacks Howard’s character but there is not a deal he won’t make to benefit himself politically
Qld is managing things just fine thanks, our constituents agree and voted for labor by a gazillion.
Libs are a laughing stock up here.
Sco Mo has nfi and no chance of winning the next election.
Dutton is poison.

Qld is managing things just fine thanks, our constituents agree and voted for labor by a gazillion.
Dutton is poison.

Thanks I think I would have an idea considering I live here. QLD handed ScoMo the Lodge. Usually hedge by voting ALP State and Libs Federal. Anna is a disaster for business and mismanaged the last two outbreaks. She will probably win again in 2024 unless the economy tanks

Do people believe one vaccine shot (even 2) will give protection for life ? Really, the thing is still mutating, dont limit it to a cruise .....
over 50s Lib voters love a cruise

You give them the AZ jab knowing they are chomping at the bit to travel and possibly get this and bring it home

Two doses of the AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine were found to have only a 10.4% efficacy against mild-to-moderate infections caused by the B.1.351 South Africa variant, according to a phase 1b-2 clinical trial published on Tuesday in the New England Journal of Medicine.

Dutton is poison.
The Libs are only a laughing stock in Queensland at the state government level. Literally every federal electorate outside of Brisbane and Ipswich continually votes LNP, as do several within Brisbane. Never underestimate how gullible Queenslanders are, since they've been so easily swayed by an incompetent creep play-acting as a stereotype of Australians.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didnt you say you live there?

Extremely immaturely- going straight to the easy sledgehammer of lockdowns instead of backing her health teams contact tracing (as say NSW does and even deadly Vic did over new years).
That wasn't mismanagement. That was decisive action quickly, which prevented two clusters from turning into serious trouble.

That wasn't mismanagement. That was decisive action quickly, which prevented two clusters from turning into serious trouble.
A decisive overreaction yeah (as it proved to be in SA, WA and Vic in the feb 2021 lockdown too).

What is this story then? Its quite clear they had a plan to back contact tracing from march onwards, but squibbed it at the first hurdle.

You're one of those people who wanted us to open up everything prematurely last year, aren't you? Safety comes first.
Completely inaccurate strawman. My anger was at Dan and co for causing the second wave, not at the measures he then took to clean it up (refer dan andrews thread part 2 and 3 if you care to).

How has she mismanaged the last two outbreaks ?

Well the last one happened because she bought in an overseas doctor without ensuring he was vaccinated and then allowed non vaccinated nurses to deal with infected people. There was no need to lockdown if she had contact tracing confidence. NSW would not have. Luckily the contact tracing worked snd people got tested.

Dr Young’s own words about a month ago - “our contact tracing is so good we should not require more lockdowns”. But a few weeks later locked down over a handful of cases.

The one before was again a massive over reaction if you believe in your contact tracing.

Previous outbreaks from hotel quarantine were because of a total lack of analysis in what hotels they used. Security and air con systems. But I don’t blame her for that as nobody managed this perfectly eg NSW cruise ship

Didnt you say you live there?

Extremely immaturely- going straight to the easy / lazy sledgehammer of lockdowns instead of backing her health teams contact tracing (as say NSW does and even 'deadly' Vic did over new years).
Yes I live here.
Short sharp lockdowns, are the new norm.Get used to it.
You neeed to contain and contact trace, so we dont end up with huge community transfer.
I dont know anyone who thinks it is a bad thing,it saves us.

Yes I live here.
Short sharp lockdowns, are the new norm.Get used to it.
You neeed to contain and contact trace, so we dont end up with huge community transfer.
I dont know anyone who thinks it is a bad thing,it saves us.

Perhaps venture out of your bubble into the real world where people run businesses, pay employees etc

If you ever think “I don’t know anyone that disagrees with me” might be time to widen the social circle

Oh, settle petal, it was only a few days.
[/

Go run a small business and poor your livelihood into hit. Sacrifice family time, holidays etc. then because of stuff well beyond your control have to fire employees who are like family, lose your house, take your kids out of private school etc

If you don’t understand why that is a serious issue than you have zero empathy

Everyone will be going: "Where the F*** is my vacciene scomo!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back