Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 5 - The stroll out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My eldest son said to me the other day how pissed off he was with the people ******* the world he has to live in, when most of them will be dead by the time the impact from the decisions they've made will be felt.
He is right and they will die rich without GAF

Could be that I've gone past laughing and crying, and I'm getting into angry.

Need a little less laughter and throwing back of hands, and a few more people giving a fu** enough to do something about it.
Well I joined the Greens mate and I'll be helping out at the next election. That's all you can do.
A royal commission on media diversity is the next big thing that needs to happen because people like Joyce are just not held accountable by the Murdoch press or Channel 9 & 7.

Largest answer to religion in the 2016 was 'no religion' at 42%.

No Religion
Increase
Increase
30.1%

How do you say that with a straight face?

The largest answer being christianity in total.

NumberPercentage
Religious affiliation2016 census
Decrease
Decrease
52.1%
Decrease
3,101,191​
Decrease
13.3%
Increase
345,142​
Increase
1.5%
Increase
5,291,830​
Increase
22.6%
Christianity (defined and not defined)​
Increase
768,649​
Increase
6.3%
Increase
567,680​
Increase
2.1%
Decrease
82,510​
Decrease
0.4%
Increase
61,639​
Increase
0.3%
Decrease
174,019​
Decrease
0.7%
Increase
260,560​
Increase
1.1%
Decrease
524,338​
Decrease
2.3%
Decrease
48,939​
Decrease
0.2%
Increase
62,945​
Increase
0.3%
Decrease
870,183​
Decrease
3.7%

No Religion
Increase
Increase
30.1%

How do you say that with a straight face?

The largest answer being christianity in total.

NumberPercentage
Religious affiliation2016 census
Decrease
Decrease
52.1%
Decrease
3,101,191​
Decrease
13.3%
Increase
345,142​
Increase
1.5%
Increase
5,291,830​
Increase
22.6%
Christianity (defined and not defined)​
Increase
768,649​
Increase
6.3%
Increase
567,680​
Increase
2.1%
Decrease
82,510​
Decrease
0.4%
Increase
61,639​
Increase
0.3%
Decrease
174,019​
Decrease
0.7%
Increase
260,560​
Increase
1.1%
Decrease
524,338​
Decrease
2.3%
Decrease
48,939​
Decrease
0.2%
Increase
62,945​
Increase
0.3%
Decrease
870,183​
Decrease
3.7%
How many of these Christians actually go to church or follow the teachings?
Not many, mainly because it's outdated and it discriminates against most people eg gays, promiscuous people, women ect plus all the paedophiles in the church.
So these people are not religious at all, they just say that as they got baptised once.
If the question was 'did you attend a religious service in the last week' then the Christians would only be about 6%.

Scotty let Brian Houston out of the country a couple of days ago. He's sunning himself in Mexico. Guessing he'll never come back. The LNP is the party of Paedo protectors after all.

Combining Latter Day Saints, Catholics, Pentecostals, Orthodox church etc to get over 50%?

Guessing in a couple of censuses, they'll be combining all the Abrahamic religions to scramble over 50%.

The Orthodox Church split from Western Christianity not long after the Islamic people deviated toward their own Abrahamic faith.

Pentecostals are barely even Christians, they just use the name of Christ to justify whatever they like.

Well I joined the Greens mate and I'll be helping out at the next election. That's all you can do.
A royal commission on media diversity is the next big thing that needs to happen because people like Joyce are just not held accountable by the Murdoch press or Channel 9 & 7.

Good. Easy to snark from the cheap seats, and too often punters refuse to roll their sleeves up and actually do something.

How you helping out, and what electorate?

My eldest son said to me the other day how pissed off he was with the people ******* the world he has to live in, when most of them will be dead by the time the impact from the decisions they've made will be felt.
Can he vote?

Good. Easy to snark from the cheap seats, and too often punters refuse to roll their sleeves up and actually do something.

Darebin where there is a very marginal seat that should go Green at both he state and federal next election.
Lydia Thorpe the Indigenous senator is in Darebin Greens .
I'll help out behind the scenes with some labor setting things up and maybe some admin if they need it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darebin where there is a very marginal seat that should go Green at both he state and federal next election.
Lydia Thorpe the Indigenous senator is in Darebin Greens .

What work you doing?

Campaign office, community outreach sessions, train stations, letter boxing, how to vote cards on the day?

What work you doing?

Campaign office, community outreach sessions, train stations, letter boxing, how to vote cards on the day?
I added to last post, whatever they want really, I'll leave the how to vote cards to the healthier looking people!
They're a good bunch but most are very quiet.

I added to last post, whatever they want really, I'll leave the how to vote cards to the healthier looking people!

They will probably need you. I know in the east on election Day they are usually a bare knuckles team at a booth (2-3 people for the entire 10 hours, where we normally have 2-4 per shift)

They will probably need you. I know in the east on election Day they are usually a bare knuckles team at a booth (2-3 people for the entire 10 hours, where we normally have 2-4 per shift)
Right,we seem to have good numbers here, it's a very pro-greens area but every voting district is important for the senate seats.
It's normally the younger people doing the how to vote cards.

Right,we seem to have good numbers here, it's a very pro-greens area but every voting district is important for the senate seats.
It's normally the younger people doing the how to vote cards.

They do need older heads.

Green volunteers often either:

1) don't give a * because they are only there to suck up to their girlfriend (I'm legit not kidding, at least one every time is the reluctant IDGAF about the environment boyfriend)

2) they are zealots and harass people

Family First had similar issues (closest I came to reporting someone to the AEC for harrassing voters was a blonde 20 something Family First lass)

Older heads have perspective, take the election day abuse (how many times I get called a communist campaigner is my litmus test for the result), and make it a positive process.

A bit like the welcome to country jargon at everything and anything - hell, they sometimes have it on government websites

Why don't we start Parliament with the Surat al Fatiha? I am sure as some that likes tradition you would be comfortable with that Frumpy

A bit like the welcome to country jargon at everything and anything - hell, they sometimes have it on government websites

I object to the "yours is the power and the glory" bit because its out of the St James Version - utter heresy!!

Apparently a new Labor candidate up against gladys lui, there is a meet and greet on the 28th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back