Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 5 - The stroll out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're okay with that, I'm not. I think KK being shoehorned in over TL is an indictment on the current system.

Like I said, I hope she goes independent. She doesn't owe the Labor party sh*t, so I don't care about it disrupting the party beyond its capacity to hurt them at the next Federal Election. But if it does hurt them, I think it could have been avoided by not shoehorning in a rich woman from rich suburbs into the seat that represents one of the poorest electorates in the entire state.

No, my criticism lies square with the ALP. I think I've voiced it in a reasonable matter. We've agreed on most things on this board, but because I disagree with the ALP on this one thing, you feel the need to start making personal attacks.

WTF? Literally all I did was post TL's FB post and say it was "dogshit". We wouldn't even be talking about it if you didn't feel the need to turn it into a shitfight. And don't give me this bullshit that I'm burning the entire party. I preference them before the Liberals. Every. Single. Election. My vote next election will bring us just as close to an ALP government as yours. Don't be so dramatic.

Firstly everyone joining the alp knows it's 50% union vote on preselection. If you don't like it, change it and stop taking union money. To date, there has been no will to make the change.

And here is a good example. I disagree, but I'm in the minority, so I accept the view of the majority. I don't run off and sook to 2GB.

Secondly he wants alp preselection because she knows that's the only way she get elected. It's the easy option.

And third, you're endorsing independents and hoping the alp get crushed by them. That's burning the party

Firstly everyone joining the alp knows it's 50% union vote on preselection. If you don't like it, change it and stop taking union money. To date, there has been no will to make the change.

And here is a good example. I disagree, but I'm in the minority, so I accept the view of the majority. I don't run off and sook to 2GB.

Secondly he wants alp preselection because she knows that's the only way she get elected. It's the easy option.

And third, you're endorsing independents and hoping the alp get crushed by them. That's burning the party
No, it's not. I trust TL's politics enough to know that she's certainly not going to be doing a deal with the LNP in the event of a minority government. Her winning as an independent wouldn't make an iota of difference to the LNP's chances of forming government at the next election. That's ultimately all I care about. I want her to crush KK because I think she's a better representative for the people of Fowler, and I think AusPol could use far more diversity. We certainly don't need any more rich inner-city folks.

I didn't even know any of this BS about her going on 2GB until you got on your high-horse about it. I don't pay any attention to them.

No, it's not. I trust TL's politics enough to know that she's certainly not going to be doing a deal with the LNP in the event of a minority government. Her winning as an independent wouldn't make an iota of difference to the LNP's chances of forming government at the next election. That's ultimately all I care about. I want her to crush KK because I think she's a better representative for the people of Fowler, and I think AusPol could use far more diversity. We certainly don't need any more rich inner-city folks.

I didn't even know any of this BS about her going on 2GB until you got on your high-horse about it. I don't pay any attention to them.

diversity is nice, but it needs to actually win

if this was a marginal electorate, would you be barring up like this, or is it just because you assume she cannot lose with alp backing so she should be gifted the spot because of her genes and not her talent or political chops?

if this was a marginal electorate, would you be barring up like this, or is it just because you assume she cannot lose with alp backing so she should be gifted the spot because of her genes and not her talent or political chops?
Depends. Would need some polling info to be able to judge. There's nothing that makes me think the people of Fowler will be more inclined to vote for a woman that lives in one of the wealthiest parts of Sydney a 1hr drive + ferry trip away over a woman who has spent almost her entire life living in similar socioeconomic conditions to those that live in the electorate.

Depends. Would need some polling info to be able to judge. There's nothing that makes me think the people of Fowler will be more inclined to vote for a woman that lives in one of the wealthiest parts of Sydney a 1hr drive + ferry trip away over a woman who has spent almost her entire life living in similar socioeconomic conditions to those that live in the electorate.

So it's an easy win for a diversity candidate, and not a better candidate

This is literally the s**t the libs rip us apart on

So it's an easy win for a diversity candidate, and not a better candidate

This is literally the sh*t the libs rip us apart on
Once again, I disagree that KK is a better candidate. Her state government received the largest ******* swing against it in the history of NSW State Elections. I think she'll be representing an electorates whose conditions she largely will simply not be able to understand in the same way that LT does.

Once again, I disagree that KK is a better candidate. I think she'll be representing an electorates whose conditions she largely will simply not be able to understand in the same way that LT does. Her state government received had the largest ******* swing against it in NSW history.

She is a better candidate for the election.

She will be a national campaign headkicker, taking the heat from albo (similar to with shorten)

TL will stay at home, but diversity

She is a better candidate for the election.

She will be a national campaign headkicker, taking the heat from albo (similar to with shorten)

TL will stay at home, but diveristy
TL has spent the last year engaging with local constituents. KK has spent it over an hour away. You're the one that keeps making this about diversity.

TL has spent the last year engaging with local constituents. KK has spent it over an hour away. You're the one that keeps making this about diversity.

You raised diversity as her asset. Not me. I'm just reminding you that even you only lit that as her qualification for preselection

The election will be won in liberal seats, not this one. Fact you don't see that is baffling

You raised diversity as her asset. Not me. I'm just reminding you that even you only lit that as her qualification for preselection
No, I said that I felt the she, as someone that has lived through the same socioeconomic conditions as her constituents, she was more suited to represent them.
The election will be won in liberal seats, not this one. Fact you don't see that is baffling
Uhhh, what? I agree the election will be won in Liberal seats. You're inventing arguments I have NEVER made. I said younger and poorer demographics don't take kindly to actions like this. The only impact I think it will have on the next election will be bad publicity for the ALP.

No, I said that I felt the she, as someone that has lived through the same socioeconomic conditions as her constituents, she was more suited to represent them.

Uhhh, what? I agree the election will be won in Liberal seats. You're inventing arguments I have NEVER made. I said younger and poorer demographics don't take kindly to actions like this. The only impact I think it will have on the next election will be bad publicity for the ALP.

I said kk will be a key part of a national campaign supporting albo

You countered (implying it's equal or greater) that TL is working her safe seat.

Which action is most likely to help an alp win?

I should also mention this is literally the first bad thing I have said about the ALP on here in ******* years, and it immediately prompts character judgements from someone that I have historically agreed with. I'll remember not to criticise the ALP on here again. :rolleyes:
I said kk will be a key part of a national campaign supporting albo

You countered (implying it's equal or greater) that TL is working her safe seat.

Which action is most likely to help an alp win?
I think quality representatives will win the ALP the next election. If KK is the political heavyweight you're making her out to be, she could still be a key part of the national campaign without getting shoehorned into a safe seat that features mostly constituents living through circumstances she has NEVER experienced.

I should also mention this is literally the first bad thing I have said about the ALP on here in ******* years, and it immediately prompts character judgements from someone that I have historically agreed with. I'll remember not to criticise the ALP on here again. :rolleyes:

I think quality representatives will win the ALP the next election. If KK is the political heavyweight you're making her out to be, she could still be a key part of the national campaign without getting shoehorned into a safe seat that features mostly constituents living through circumstances she has NEVER experienced.

When you're wrong, you're wrong.

Shove her in a marginal, and she needs to spend the entire campaign in her electorate.

Your girl didn't get up, get over it (as I said, I've had similar happen many times before, and you just have to accept it)

When you're wrong, you're wrong.

Shove her in a marginal, and she needs to spend the entire campaign in her electorate.

Your girl didn't get up, get over it (as I said, I've had similar happen many times before, and you just have to accept it)
Dude, I'm not even that pissed off. I just said I thought it was dogshit. If you didn't get your knickers in a twist it would have been left to a couple of posts a few pages ago that would be forgotten about by now.

You're the one that's started launching personal attacks because I disagreed with the ALP on this one single thing. I think you're the one that needs to get over it.

Neither one of us are wrong. We have differing opinions, and that's fine. No need to be a dick about it. We both ultimately want the same thing (the LNP to be ****ed off).

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Labor Parachuting Kenneally into Fowler is such dogshit, especially after outgoing MP Chris Hayes had put his support in Tu Le. Great job generating bad press when all they need to do atm is keep themselves out of the media, and let Morrison continue to score own goals.

I find this issue hilarious.

Morrison can barely hide his contempt for all women and yet the entire Australian media attack Labor for lack of diversity.

How was diversity treated When Morrison white anted Michael Towke?

This country is a joke

After all, it is the Morrison thread.
Yeah, I probably shouldn't have posted it here. Granted, I sort of treat this thread as a Federal Politics GD thread.

I find this issue hilarious.

Morrison can barely hide his contempt for all women and yet the entire Australian media attack Labor for lack of diversity.

How was diversity treated When Morrison white anted Michael Towke?

This country is a joke
No arguments from me on any of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back