Play Nice Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 6 - Prosperity Theology, The Coal Man + His Bootlickers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this vision of Novak rocking up clutching his letter from TA saying he can play with the idea that would suffice

its dumb, but given the last 24hrs i wouldnt rule it out

He would be accustomed to VIP arrangements everywhere he goes so I doubt he gives much thought to the details. I reckon his camp screwed this up pretty royally though

Yeah, I don't understand how hard it is for people to grasp that TA and the Vic Govt set up a process to get exemptions to play if unvaccinated, but that this has absolutely no bearing on the Commonwealth Visa requirements to enter the country.

I have heard that Novak told a pretty big porkie on his visa application.

He probably though Morrison would respect that

Victoria has announced its own RAT system. Qld the same. Now SA has announced their system.

Morrison government leaving a massive vacuum being filled by the states again.

What is the actual point of Morrison?
I’m wondering WTF this National Cabinet actually talks about. The idea was to agree some universal approaches to pandemic management. It’s really deteriorating to a point where Scotty stands up and says his view (and NSW) about how things are going to roll, followed promptly by various states announcing their own, individual plans.

COAG was a bit of a nightmare - rarely concluding or signing off national strategies other than token affirmations sans detail, which was predictable given the cast of characters at any different moment, but this is way sillier

It might have been Nixon that pressured the federal reserve to keep rates low because America didn't have high inflation in the Kennedy years.

the precursors were there. spending was through the roof, and was going too hot to consumption over investment. Fed and others wanted to tap the breaks because they didnt want to create an inflationary situation. Kennedy was focused on the election that was coming up, and moved to cut the feds nuts

his presidency was genuinely one of style over substance. he inherited the work of Ike and frankly pissed it away.

and then nixon went in dry.

Victoria has announced its own RAT system. Qld the same. Now SA has announced their system.

Said it before he’s reduced the federal government to glorified tax collectors

these systems should be national. we shouldnt have people running two QR codes, two reporting processes, and on and on - depending upon which side of the border they are on a given day

I’m wondering WTF this National Cabinet actually talks about. The idea was to agree some universal approaches to pandemic management. It’s really deteriorating to a point where Scotty stands up and says his view (and NSW) about how things are going to roll, followed promptly by various states announcing their own, individual plans.

COAG was a bit of a nightmare - rarely concluding or signing off national strategies other than token affirmations sans detail, which was predictable given the cast of characters at any different moment, but this is way sillier

who would win Squid Game out of Barnaby, Potatohead, and Latham?

I know exactly what National Cabinet does;
  • Morrison realises he needs to address (snow job) the people about CoVid
  • Morrison announces a National Cabinet Meeting to discuss whatever benefits him politically - ie. new testing regime, new hospital records - whatever makes the numbers look better
  • Morrison hold press conference immediately after stating how amazing everything is
  • NewsCorp and friends publish Morrison's words uncontested
  • Repeat
National Cabinet in 18 months now has never achieved any consensus on a single thing.

By the way, how is Feb 5 looking for WA?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1641438436166.png

Sadly this is just the sort of adverse publicity that suits the agenda of the anti vaxers.

This article sums up the responsibilities of entry to Australia pretty well (and how each stage of the process was monumentally fecked up by politicians and bureaucrats because of the special status of a tennis player):

I know exactly what National Cabinet does;
  • Morrison realises he needs to address (snow job) the people about CoVid
  • Morrison announces a National Cabinet Meeting to discuss whatever benefits him politically - ie. new testing regime, new hospital records - whatever makes the numbers look better
  • Morrison hold press conference immediately after stating how amazing everything is
  • NewsCorp and friends publish Morrison's words uncontested
  • Repeat
National Cabinet in 18 months now has never achieved any consensus on a single thing.

By the way, how is Feb 5 looking for WA?

National Cabinet is cover for Morrison

Nothing more.

The states would get more done convening without him.

I have heard that Novak told a pretty big porkie on his visa application.

He probably though Morrison would respect that

It would be perfectly reasonable for people who don't live in a country with a Federal system to not understand that the Vic Govt saying it's ok to play isn't the same as the Commonwealth saying it's ok to enter the country.

Not that I feel bad for him, just that I understand.

Having negligible leadership skills, and being a ****house manager, he would have no idea of the manager as the facilitator in meetings - creating an inclusive meeting environment. Consensus decision making garners commitment and leads to better quality outcomes, that empower participants to create their future together.

Morrison would chair a meeting with the view that he is the smartest person in the room, possessing most of the information and problem solving ability. Aka a loud mouthed, know all. People walk out of the room not giving a rat’s whether the ‘know all’s’ plan works or not, not actively undermining it but with no interest in rescuing it when it doesn’t work.

Last edited:
Has anyone heard the news on Djokovic yet?
Q - How many posts has Kram made in the First Dates - Part 5 thread?

A - 2962

Keep your chin up champ, you'll snag one soon!
I think I'm close to getting a coffee with 74561347

It's tough out there atm mate, even your mum has a 6 month waiting list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back