Play Nice Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 6 - Prosperity Theology, The Coal Man + His Bootlickers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I have said, I have been on all sides the let it rip and lock it down camps. I do think that the rules should have been enforced a lot more (something that WA did right and VIC did wrong) which may have kept people in order.
They had the same rules just different geography

For those Sinophobes and Morrison lovers, have a look at what it's meant to Australia after Morrison got dupe by Donald Trump of all people ..... Donald f****ng Trump!! Imagine being fooled by Trump?

How much of that was Shorten and how much was the media campaign around 'shifty' Shorten (and there's nothing stopping a similar campaign against Albo). Certainly Shorten was seen as a key figure in the Rudd/Gillard/Rudd instability, so there was some baggage, but there was a concerted campaign to make Shorten appear untrustworthy, which is ironic, because he would have been more trustworthy than Morrison has shown himself to be.

You saw the same with Jeremy Cameron in the UK, as an unknown in 2015, little was said about his character. By 2017, he was Red Jez, hater of the Jews. There is always room for a media smear campaign.
Shorten had form unfortunately.

He was one of those who chose to protect his fiefdom by backing Gillard when Rudd was on the skids and hated by the vast majority of the Parliamentary Labour Party because of his obfuscation and his jackboot "diplomacy" and then, Shorten stood around, as did other "leaders"/"lords" when Rudd undermined a Labor Prime Minister and Labor Government by leaking stuff to the Hyena Julie Bishop and the Hartchers of this world. When the white anting had done it's job, Shorten jumped back on the Rudd bandwagon to shore up his fiefdom and during the last election campaign, we saw the real Shorten, the one that fancied himself and took others for granted, especially the electorate.

Did the media blatantly support Morrison and the LNP? Absolutely! but blaming the media and the fat prick Palmer for the electorate's reluctance to change their vote to the ALP is just making excuses - Shorten was untrustworthy and had baggage for sure but it was he that played right into the hands of the right wing media/commentators by coming across as tricky and untrustworthy. Albanese is none of those things and I'm just getting the vibe that people are feeling non-threatened by Albo and they trust him.

Morrison's goose is cooked and now that his Religious Discrimination Bill has been referred to the human rights committee which reports in early February as well as to an upper house legal and constitutional affairs inquiry, also due to report in February, Morrison is gone.

It needs to be repeated that Scotty got duped by Trump into pissing off china so America could benefit from us being stupid.

The liberals last time being "good economic managers" was around the 1960s.
Funny you should mention the Libs as good economic managers back in the 60s.
That's when the Menzies/Holt Credit Squeeze sent the country into recession, and destroyed thousands of small businesses, especially in the housing industry; such as that of my old man.

Last edited:
Funny you should mention the Libs as good economic managers back in the 60s.
That's when the Menzies/Holt Credit Squeeze sent the country into recession, and destroyed thousands of small businesses, especially in the housing industry; such as that of my old man.
The Liberals have never been good economic managers. Menzies lived off the post war economic settings put in place by the ALP.

The UAP(Liberal Party) along with the Bank Of England and the root rat Joe Lyons jumping ship from the ALP to the UAP because of the promise that he would be Prime Minister, stopped Scullin and Theodore from keeping Australia away from the worst ravages of the Great Depression . Scullin and Theodore wanted to do exactly what the ALP government did during the GFC.

The Liberal Party in all it's manifestations has always been anti-labour and always beholden to capital and that means maintaining the status quo. When they've actually had to Govern because of changed circumstances, they have always, always Nationalised the debt and Privatised the profits because they are bereft of any intelligent and original thought. During the GFC, the Liberals wanted to take us back to the late 1920's but thankfully, we had a Labor Government that couldn't be bribed or sacked nor held captive by the Bank Of England.

The Liberals have never been good economic managers. Menzies lived off the post war economic settings put in place by the ALP.

The UAP(Liberal Party) along with the Bank Of England and the root rat Joe Lyons jumping ship from the ALP to the UAP because of the promise that he would be Prime Minister, stopped Scullin and Theodore from keeping Australia away from the worst ravages of the Great Depression . Scullin and Theodore wanted to do exactly what the ALP government did during the GFC.

The Liberal Party in all it's manifestations has always been anti-labour and always beholden to capital and that means maintaining the status quo. When they've actually had to Govern because of changed circumstances, they have always, always Nationalised the debt and Privatised the profits because they are bereft of any intelligent and original thought. During the GFC, the Liberals wanted to take us back to the late 1920's but thankfully, we had a Labor Government that couldn't be bribed or sacked nor held captive by the Bank Of England.

And it happened again after the Hawke/Keating years - they put the economic settings in place and Howard got the benefit plus the mining boom.

It is interesting that when the world has major crisis, ala WW2, Oil shock, World recessions like 1990/1991, GFC the ALP is in government and they have to manage it and do it generally successfully. When the Libs are in government like the 1982 world recession and Covid-19 they somehow manage to screw it up but don’t pay for it long term politically. Have always been fascinated by that.

The Coalition are the worst economic managers and the biggest tax collectors (% of GDP) and yet everyone thinks they do a great job. WTF!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those Sinophobes and Morrison lovers, have a look at what it's meant to Australia after Morrison got dupe by Donald Trump of all people ..... Donald f****ng Trump!! Imagine being fooled by Trump?

This was obvious at the time and I said as much.

Trump and the US were trying to negotiate new terms of trade exactly as he was egging ScoMo on to start mouthing off in the press.

Think about that for a second, being outwitted by Trump.

Or knowingly gammering the Australian economy to impress him, like a yapoing little pooodle, aware that the US was going to backdoor us.

I totally agree.
I could never fathom why people thought that grants for insulation meant that organizations could ignore OH&S rules.

Not sue why WorkSafe were not targeting the start-up companies.
They audited the place i work regularly, despite a record of compliance and an excellent safety record. ( Suspect its something to do with making their job easier ).

Total workplace deaths each year are always higher under the Liberal Party too, but the media never report on that for some reason https://independentaustralia.net/po...ous-construction-worker-deaths-recorded,14976

I follow federal politics fairly closely and I'd never heard of the bloke

You can't have been following it too closely.

Antic has been front and centre of the Pentecostal Christian Right of the SA Liberals with a very close alliance to the Australian Christian Lobby and is anti abortion, anti voluntary euthanasia and now anti vaccination. He was associated with the sudden mass enrolment of conservative God botherers in key marginal seats in Adelaide's South:

Screen Shot 2021-12-04 at 11.55.43 am.png

In speeches to Parliament and appearances on Sky News he has attacked the ABC, branding it as a left wing activist group undermining our society.

He seems to me to be a religious clone of Cory Bernardi. Another example of religious extremism taking over the LNP at both state and federal level.

These nutters have a very low chance of winning a House of Reps seat but get in to Parliament on just a few hundred votes via a low profile low placed State Senate Spot allocated to them to appease local state party factionalism. Sadly they get the right to sit there for 2 terms and use it to gain a profile far in excess of their true support in the state they represent.

Last edited:
And it happened again after the Hawke/Keating years - they put the economic settings in place and Howard got the benefit plus the mining boom.

It is interesting that when the world has major crisis, ala WW2, Oil shock, World recessions like 1990/1991, GFC the ALP is in government and they have to manage it and do it generally successfully. When the Libs are in government like the 1982 world recession and Covid-19 they somehow manage to screw it up but don’t pay for it long term politically. Have always been fascinated by that.

The Coalition are the worst economic managers and the biggest tax collectors (% of GDP) and yet everyone thinks they do a great job. WTF!

They manage the economy like they manage everything else. They don’t actually do anything. They don’t have a single major piece of reform on their books on their entire history. Nothing.

Howard did gun laws and should be praised for it. He also did the GST - a great big new tax on everything, funnily enough - though that’s hardly a major piece of nation-building or nation-saving legislation.

Shorten had form unfortunately.

He was one of those who chose to protect his fiefdom by backing Gillard when Rudd was on the skids and hated by the vast majority of the Parliamentary Labour Party because of his obfuscation and his jackboot "diplomacy" and then, Shorten stood around, as did other "leaders"/"lords" when Rudd undermined a Labor Prime Minister and Labor Government by leaking stuff to the Hyena Julie Bishop and the Hartchers of this world. When the white anting had done it's job, Shorten jumped back on the Rudd bandwagon to shore up his fiefdom and during the last election campaign, we saw the real Shorten, the one that fancied himself and took others for granted, especially the electorate.

Did the media blatantly support Morrison and the LNP? Absolutely! but blaming the media and the fat prick Palmer for the electorate's reluctance to change their vote to the ALP is just making excuses - Shorten was untrustworthy and had baggage for sure but it was he that played right into the hands of the right wing media/commentators by coming across as tricky and untrustworthy. Albanese is none of those things and I'm just getting the vibe that people are feeling non-threatened by Albo and they trust him.

Morrison's goose is cooked and now that his Religious Discrimination Bill has been referred to the human rights committee which reports in early February as well as to an upper house legal and constitutional affairs inquiry, also due to report in February, Morrison is gone.
I agree with much of that, but would point out that the same baggage existed in 2016. I think the LNP and media thought he would be easily dispatched in 2016 and got a fright, so the shifty Bill campaign swung into overdrive. Obviously it wouldn’t have been successful without the baggage to work with but it absolutely contributed to the result in 2019.

Paul Bongiorno with the lay of the land

If the last fortnight of parliament for the year is any guide, Labor has its tail up and the government is in the doldrums. The lack of engagement from the Coalition backbench as the prime minister and his ministers slugged it out with the opposition was one thing, but the dead giveaway was the sitting schedule for next year.

I just assumed it was the same mob that recently purchased Melbourne's Festival Hall.

I'm still pissed at what one of Melbourne's iconic rock venues is about to become :(

It was about protecting the Blind Trust donor, not Porter. Anybody donating $1m to a colleagues' defence obviously has deep pockets for the party.

I'm guessing it was either Palmer or Stokes. Has to be somebody high enough profile for there to be this much protection from the scandal.

The undisclosed blind trust donor story was not mentioned once on the recent commercial tv news stories here in WA about Porter leaving the party.So that may give ya a clue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back