Play Nice Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 7 - Prosperity Theology, The Coal Man + His Bootlickers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paywalled unfortunately, any Westralians able to flesh it out with some numbers?

I say again - the last time an article like this popped up in the west, turnbull got knifed not lobg after......

Nov 14, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Thirty six deaths today in NSW. If thirty six people had died in a terrorist act in one day untold billions of dollars would be thrown at getting to the bottom of it, as it happens our government appears not to care.

You also wouldn't see discussion tempered by whether those 36 terrorist victims have underlying health conditions...

"Of the 36 deaths, 28 had arthritis, asthma, diabetes or could stand to lose a few kilos... so all good."

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Thirty six deaths today in NSW. If thirty six people had died in a terrorist act in one day untold billions of dollars would be thrown at getting to the bottom of it, as it happens our government appears not to care.
Perrottet still saying we need to 'get on with life'. Well, except those 36 people, of course.

Sqotty from office works

Premium Platinum
Jul 24, 2021
Mclean
AFL Club
Carlton
It's not that bad.
Fighting through this, is the answer.
We're over the worst of it.
You need to get back to work.
RAT are on the way.
Keep an eye out for them.
We can work through this.
Maybe being at work is a good thing.
It's milder.
It won't be as deadly as delta.
No need to shut down.
Look we are taking wickets in covid.

* except if said terrorist had been on the radar for years and it could all be traced back to your own ineptitude so you get sent to London on a " diplomatic " post and mysteriously dispose of a vital page in your diary that could incrminate you......

NOT THAT THAT'S EVER HAPPENED IN THE PAST 10 YEARS HERE IN SYDNEY OR ANYTHING.......................................

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide

mighty tiges

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2002
oneeyed-richmond.com
AFL Club
Richmond
Mr Morrison said on Monday he believed the way to withstand the pandemic was to “push through” the rising cases, noting that vaccination rates were high and the overwhelming majority of Omicron cases led to very mild illness.

Ignores that thousands of people can’t work, businesses closing, supply chain chaos, let alone a health system on its knees.
Don’t forget - this is what they wanted before we had access to the vaccines they couldn’t be bothered to order because “it’s not a race”
Let's hope Queensland doesn't stuff things up for the rest of the country on election night again. PHON now in the teens in Qld based on this poll when it has bugger all support elsewhere. The primary vote for both major parties in Qld is very low according to this poll so (if true) preferences are going to have a big say on the 2PP. Oddly this poll now has Queensland as home of the Greens with them gaining 5% over the past two months to be now 15% :think:.

Sep 20, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle

crikey have covered the story as well ...... bernard keane especially has been very critical of the feds over the treatment of bernard collaery and witness k (not sure he has touched on the motivations behind the bugging specifically)
Sorry, I thought you meant there was helium in the Sunrise field. Bayu-Undan is almost depleted.

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
no thanks... I want him there on election day.
Me too. And just a reminder to everyone that if and when he loses, do pen a polite, respectful letter to Mr Morrison saying how happy you are for Australia that he lost, because of what a diabolically ordinary prime minister he was.

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
* except is said terrorist had been on the radar for years and it could all be traced back to your own ineptitude so you get sent to London on a " diplomatic " post and mysteriously dispose of a vital page in your diary that could incrminate you......

NOT THAT THAT'S EVER HAPPENED IN THE PAST 10 YEARS HERE IN SYDNEY OR ANYTHING.......................................
Do tell! (PM me if you prefer.)

Saint

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Let's hope Queensland doesn't stuff things up for the rest of the country on election night again. PHON now in the teens in Qld based on this poll when it has bugger all support elsewhere. The primary vote for both major parties in Qld is very low according to this poll so (if true) preferences are going to have a big say on the 2PP. Oddly this poll now has Queensland as home of the Greens with them gaining 5% over the past two months to be now 15% :think:.
Qld will be an LNP outlier stronghold for years to come. The LNP are pariah status in Victoria and WA thanks to their focus on coal jobs and only coal jobs. Next leader will be Dutton and they'll go further and lose bigger.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
ScoMo’s been under a lot of pressure these last two years.
It’s fair to say he should stand down now as Prime Minister just to give us all a fighting chance to get through this.

TAB odds as of today (not that I advocate betting on politics or anything else for that matter):

LNP - $2.75
ALP - $1.45

DaRick

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 12, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
(See avatar)

Qld will be an LNP outlier stronghold for years to come. The LNP are pariah status in Victoria and WA thanks to their focus on coal jobs and only coal jobs. Next leader will be Dutton and they'll go further and lose bigger.

A few things:

1) Polls invariably overrate ON's performance in QLD.

2) That the Greens, of all parties, have an even bigger PV than ON firstly brings into doubt the poll's methodology, but also suggests (as I've been saying) that there is more than one QLD. There's Brisbane (inner-city/working families land), the GC/SC (retiree/beach bum land), the Central Coast (retiree/coal land) and FNQ (tourism/rainforest land). Then of course the interior has always been safe LNP.

3) While I'm loath to use state elections as a barometer, ON have a history of flaming out, and their performance in 2020 was pathetic. I don't expect their performance in 2022 to be as good as in 2019, nor do I expect their preferences to favour the LNP nearly as much (no Adani, their voting base skews towards older people who are very vulnerable to COVID).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back