Play Nice Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 7 - Prosperity Theology, The Coal Man + His Bootlickers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What I would call the “Ellis factor” may yet save him, but it is a long shot. By that I mean voters applying the same tolerance for failed behaviour that my two-and-a-half-year-old grandson Ellis applies to himself. When his father admonished the miscreant for jumping up and down on his grandparents’ furniture with the punishment of “no Icy Pole for you”, Ellis shot back, “But I’m good now.”

OK, I get the criticism of the ABC now.

Apart from the obvious examples of excellence like the 7:30 under Laura Tingle, I sense programming at the ABC is going backwards.

Take this story for example. The ABC referring to the UK as Australia's 'Mother Country' is a friggin' disgrace and something straight out of the John Howard/Tony Abbott Colonial Kissarse playbook

"Four months after the announcement of the new AUKUS partnership, the 'mother country' is again signalling its intention to reconnect with the far-flung corners of its former empire, in the middle of an increasingly complex Indo-Pacific region"

All we need is Morrison and potato head reciting...'I did but see her passing by..'

uOGB8Kl.jpg

Last edited:
No wonder he grew the nonce beard. Face like a smashed crab.
That the photographer didn't bother using a soft filter or a photoshop edit mask on the poor kid tells me one of two things:

1. NewsCorp didn't use a professional photographer for Caleb's publicity shoot; or

2. The photographer didn't much care for Caleb.

Probably both of the above.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK, I get the criticism of the ABC now.

Apart from the obvious examples of excellence like the 7:30 under Laura Tingle, I sense programming at the ABC is going backwards.

Take this story for example. The ABC referring to the UK as Australia's 'Mother Country' is a friggin' disgrace and something straight out of the John Howard/Tony Abbott Colonial Kissarse playbook

"Four months after the announcement of the new AUKUS partnership, the 'mother country' is again signalling its intention to reconnect with the far-flung corners of its former empire, in the middle of an increasingly complex Indo-Pacific region"

All we need is Morrison and potato head reciting...'I did but see her passing by..'
When its owned by Liberal sided political people, are you surprised?
It's astonishing ABC reporters are even allowed to do any investigative journalism now.

Stupid lefties for ...checks notes

having an ideological issue with under 18s driving forklifts

View attachment 1314701
To paraphrase the TV show character Malcom Tucker…

‘No offence lad, but you look like you belong back at school with your head flushed down a toilet’

Stupid lefties for ...checks notes

having an ideological issue with under 18s driving forklifts

View attachment 1314701

1) He looks like a dork.

2) He looks like a dork.

3) He's obviously living in his own, cloistered little world with similarly well-off but out-of-touch types. If you live like that, at least don't be like the clown who can't make people laugh.

'mother country' was put in quotes for a reason. That's what England used be be considered. And 'home' - people of my parents generation referred to England as 'home' although they'd never been there and in some cases THEIR parents had never been. It's called history.

Amazed that people are getting twisted about it.

'mother country' was put in quotes for a reason. That's what England used be be considered. And 'home' - people of my parents generation referred to England as 'home' although they'd never been there and in some cases THEIR parents had never been. It's called history.

I haven't read the article but if he was referring to England as the motherland for all of us 30-35% of people living here would legit be thinking the * it is

'It's called history'. You don't say?

We all know why it WAS called the 'mother country'

But the point is it's 2022 not 1922.

The last time we had mass emigration from England Menzies was Prime Minister and Indigenous Australians weren't even counted in the census.

What amazes me is there are people in 2022 in a pro-Labor thread who can't understand why it grates - especially in a story on our national broadcaster referring to a questionable defence arrangement with a foreign government led by Boris Johnson.

FFS, it's as insulting as the time Tony Abbott decided we should give Prince Friggin' Phillip an Australian Knighthood. The idiot who asked a proud Indigenous Australian if he throws spears at people, called Asian people’s eyes “slitty” and compared the President of Nigeria’s traditional clothes to pyjamas.

BTW I'm a grandson of a Gallipoli veteran, who went on to see his brother die beside him in the first Battle of Bullecourt (look it up). So don't dare ask me why I'm so 'twisted' about it.

And yes, the word 'twisted' is in quotes for a reason.

Because...'history'.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back