Play Nice Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 7 - Prosperity Theology, The Coal Man + His Bootlickers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
“The federal Coalition government and Victorian opposition have stepped up rhetorical attacks on the Andrews Labor government using a string of high-profile incidents to claim that “African street gangs” are on the rise because certain nationalities such as Sudanese are over-represented in statistics – although crime overall is in decline.”

Parliamentary privilege shouldnt allow you to racially abuse any group of people. FFS it’s 2022 not Deep South USA 1952. This is an absolute joke that people can say these things let alone someone who wants to lead a ******* state or hold a high position in federal government.
The criminals are likely to be LNP voters. After all if fits the belief of “I will go get mine without thought towards consequence of harm to others”

Three or four years ago, yes Sudanese street gangs were a real problem (at least out here in the west). Now the problem is individual criminals and loose groups of teenagers getting up to scumbaggery, who could be of any race. You can generally tell when its the African-Australians because the police facebook posts calling for witnesses are at great pains to not actually describe who they are looking for.

PJK in fine form berating the LNP for cuddling up to the 'mother country' yet again - this time over China.

His attack on the ignorant arrogance of the UK Defence Minister is spot on. WTF would we want to link arms with the UK again especially over matters they clearly have zero understanding of?

Sadly it won't get a run in in the mainstream press (and certainly not in the Sydney Morning Herald)

Oh dear.....I think Morrison might be in for a huge bath here

FJmddnsaUAQdMFa
Good on 'em.

This article, appearing in todays Financial Times, is written by Rory Stewart a former Conservative cabinet minister, is on the Advisory Board of The Britain Project. It is published under the heading:

Britain needs a new era of serious leaders

Our system produces terrible politicians, culminating in this PM, while our culture mistakes politics for a game

It is a cutting criticism not just of the current embattled UK Prime Minister but the UK Conservative Party in general.

Swap out the name 'Boris Johnson' for our own Scott Morrison and replace the UK Conservative Party and its former leaders with the Australian LNP and you have a spot on diagnosis of the terminal failure of Federal politics not just post the pandemic but for the years previous.

FJp1yslXoAEfpAj

Free to read here and highly recommended:

The bar of acceptable standards has now been set so low for our Federal Parliament it will require a leader of exceptional character and courage to restore faith in our democracy. Getting to that point will take many years. Being a better leader than Scott Morrison or a better Government than the current LNP is a simple start but simply not good enough
And the only way to turn it round is for all of us to be as resolute and relentless in demanding accountability and raising of standards. The Greens for what it's worth have the strongest policies on donations reform and an anti-corruption watchdog with real powers.

At the moment with these unfavourable polls it feels like having a healthy lead halfway through the second quarter of a grand final. Looks good, but there's a long road to late May.
nah! he's toast. he's lost the female vote. the fact he's a pathological liar is ingrained. he's stuffed-up almost everything he's touched. whatever credibility he had is destroyed.

nah! he's toast. he's lost the female vote. the fact he's a pathological liar is ingrained. he's stuffed-up almost everything he's touched. whatever credibility he had is destroyed.
At what point of the 2017 grand final were you sure you'd win? For me I was in denial until Riewoldt kicked the first goal of the fourth quarter.

off topic (came to me watchen the packers v 49s game - not sure of the link or reason ..... but there ya go)

not a fan of awards like australian of the year but grace tames sterling efforts this last 12 months have shown it can be used for good ..... these folk are probably worthy of some recognition on the day

The SA Marshall Liberal Government is the first Australian government to go to an election this year - on 19 March. So it will give a pretty good indication of how the LNP is faring with the electorate.

Leaked speaking notes for the SA Liberals pre-election telephone campaigning shows just how much on the nose they think the Liberals have become amongst women voters - including mature aged women voters in seats previously regarded as safe Liberal seats:

"One insider said the targets of the surveys were “based on where you need to generate votes from”, suggesting the party is concerned about its messaging with women – especially parents – and older couples."

While I respectfully don't think that SA decides the election (not enough seats), from a federal LNP perspective I'm not sure if they mind the idea that Marshall will divert some of the anger towards the LNP away from them and towards the state government.

That seemed to happen in VIC/NSW the last time around.

Also, John Howard perceived state governments of the same party to be a liability, not just because they diverted funding, but because if they screwed up, there was a good chance it would rebound on the feds (case in point, QLD ALP dithering on Adani rebounded on the Fed ALP; I also think the NSW L/NP spreading OMICRON will rebound on the Fed LNP). Also, if a state government took one position and the federal government took another, it would make the party look divided.

So, with all due respect to the SA posters on here, if Marshall does stay in and does something stupid in handling the pandemic, there's a good chance it rebounds on ScoMo. So I'm not opposed to him staying in.

That said, in a broad sense if voters don't care about a pandemic ripping through their community and shattering the local economy, then I don't think anything really matters to them, and so my assumptions about the electorate are hokum.

weird that water policy doesnt play a bigger part in SA politics (perhaps it does and i just dont see it)

youd think SA voters would be lining up with cricket bats at the ready against lnp candidates come election day .... they havent in the past and theres no reason to expect that antipathy to change anytime soon ... very confusing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

weird that water politics doesnt play a bigger part in SA politics (perhaps it does i just dont see it)

youd think SA voters would be lining up with cricket bats at the ready against lnp candidates come election day

Yeah you would, and 2022 isn't 2019 so ScoMo should still receive a beating anyway, but I've just found that voters often aren't quite as angry at the feds after taking their anger out on the state equivalent.

Goss 1995/Keating 1996 is an exception. Both were bashed in QLD come election time, so if ever my doubts are unjustified, it's this time given 1) the short time period between elections and 2) the seriousness of the situation now surpasses what was going on in QLD in 1995/96 (Borbidge campaigning aggressively + Logan highway + anger with Keating + tired Fed ALP government).

Just my 2c on the female vote

I think that early last year, when the Brittany Higgins and Canberra bubble stories broke a lot of women rightly started to turn on not just Scomo but the cabinet in general.

After that when Grace Tame started speaking out against him, Bolt and Devine started attacking her and due to the LNP/Newcorp buddy buddy relationship in the culture wars, a lot of people saw this as an attack from the LNP, which tipped a lot more women against Morrison.

On top of that you had Tudge and Porter just being themselves - ie total dicks- as well as Scottys tone deaf attitude to women just seeing him dig himself deeper to the point where women from all walks of life hate his guts.

Ironically , I actually believe his popularity with men plumetted the second Emmanuel Macron said ‘I don’t think, I know’ .

Seeing another head of state basically say he is a useless, lying c$nt verified what a lot of politically unengaged people had probably long suspected.

Ironically , I actually believe his popularity with men plumetted the second Emmanuel Macron said ‘I don’t think, I know’ .

Seeing another head of state basically say he is a useless, lying c$nt verified what a lot of politically unengaged people had probably long suspected.
Getting a Frenchman to willingly speak English is one hell of an accomplishment to do.

The sheer incompetence and bullshit of scotty has managed to make that happen.

BJ plays the clown though like Scumo plays the daggy dad skit but he’s a hell of a lot smarter than he pretends. The thing is though Scumo is a clown & quite frankly is just not smart.

BoJo is definitely smarter than ScoMo, but I don't think BoJo cares about appearing normal or proper at all, whereas ScoMo definitely does.

BoJo revels in playing the eccentric, dashing rogue - ScoMo doesn't have that in him, and quite frankly I think the idea makes him uncomfortable.

So even if he sees BoJo as a potential model, he'll never quite be able to pull it off - same with Trump (who is much more like Hanson than ScoMo). Plus BoJo was a negative influence on the Conservative Party vote to begin with - it was just that Corbyn was worse. Similar to Trump vs Hillary. Not really models to look up to or emulate.

as egregious as they are, lets put to one side all his policy failures, his cultural missteps, his belligerent opposition to anything remotely progressive ..... his many verbal faux pas' (and the subsequent awkward attempts to walk them back) .... lets leave them aside

the one event that sums up the character of this man is perfectly captured in his refusal to meet and address protestors at the womens march in canberra ..... that said everything we need to know about this glass jawed cowardly piece of excrement

I think that early last year, when the Brittany Higgins and Canberra bubble stories broke a lot of women rightly started to turn on not just Scomo but the cabinet in general.

After that when Grace Tame started speaking out against him, Bolt and Devine started attacking her and due to the LNP/Newcorp buddy buddy relationship in the culture wars, a lot of people saw this as an attack from the LNP, which tipped a lot more women against Morrison.

On top of that you had Tudge and Porter just being themselves - ie total dicks- as well as Scottys tone deaf attitude to women just seeing him dig himself deeper to the point where women from all walks of life hate his guts.

I hope you're right.

I tend to agree with this, with the caveat that only LNP partisans really take NewsCorp seriously anymore. RE the Porter saga, I remember stating that while Porter could not be assumed to be guilty, that Morrison should have dumped him as AG anyway because he was being accused of a blood crime (rape). Given that blood crimes tend to make people emotional regardless of guilt, failing to take action RE Porter was a bad idea for political reasons - I stated that failing to act RE Porter would not win him any votes, and could lose him quite a few. It's no coincidence that Porter has 'decided' to not contest his seat at the coming election.

Certainly, men don't like men who don't keep their word, and Macron bringing that into the spotlight would have damaged the male vote, but IMO there are other reasons why men have turned on him:

1) ScoMo tends to go missing during a crisis. The 2019-20 bushfires are the most egregious example, but he repeated the same dose to a lesser degree over this Christmas/New Year period, when he went missing for a week while OMICRON was ripping through the country. Men don't like cowardice, and disappearing when your country's enduring a crisis is pretty cowardly.

2) While people don't expect much from politicans in terms of taking responsibility for one's actions and admitting their screwups, and while all politicans deflect, ScoMo does so to an unusual degree even by those standards because he's preoccupied with his image. Men tend not to like those who refuse to take responsibility for their screwups.

3) Men tend to distrust those who come off as manipulative or insincere. I call it Michael Clarke Syndrome - Bill Shorten suffered from it, and ScoMo increasingly does because he overdoes publicity stunts (again overreliance on marketing/image/spin) to the extent that he comes off as more of a poseur than a normal, regular, proper 'daggy dad', never mind a 'man's man'. Men's men aren't big on publicity stunts, nor do they like poseurs. EDIT: I think that although Albo isn't particularly convincing, he does come across as more genuine than ScoMo does.

4) While people in general don't like being economically disenfranchised, that tends to affect men more psychologically. I think it's because men have traditionally been expected to take the lead in protecting their 'tribe' (society), and in today's world that partially involves earning money. It's much harder to do that when you don't have a job - and ScoMo's made that harder.

5) Men who fail to keep their word may not be able to do so for reasons beyond their control, but ScoMo didn't make that clear, so he came across as a backstabber. Men dislike backstabbers, and pledging to keep the country/economy safe before spreading the plague is certainly a form of backstabbing.

Last edited:
BoJo is definitely smarter than ScoMo, but I don't think BoJo cares about appearing normal or proper at all, whereas ScoMo definitely does.

BoJo revels in playing the eccentric, dashing rogue - ScoMo doesn't have that in him, and quite frankly I think the idea makes him uncomfortable.

So even if he sees BoJo as a potential model, he'll never quite be able to pull it off - same with Trump (who is much more like Hanson than ScoMo). Plus BoJo was a negative influence on the Conservative Party vote to begin with - it was just that Corbyn was worse. Similar to Trump vs Hillary. Not really models to look up to or emulate.

Boris is smart enough to write a book, I couldn't image Morrison writing one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back