Play Nice Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 7 - Prosperity Theology, The Coal Man + His Bootlickers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow the national conversation temporarily centres around two privileged white men and their feels.

the less said about the shrill desperation of PVO the better.

But a clear Sign we are heading toward an autocratic state is the conjoining of perceived slight against Morrison with disrespect for the office Of PM.

bloke imposed himself on someone who very clearly wanted nothing to do with him. If we limit ourselves to an examination of this inciden,and therefore somehow disregard Morrison’s many transgressions, why are we not decrying an obvious and clear act of bullying?

and why are we not talking about Colbeck?

Somehow the national conversation temporarily centres around two privileged white men and their feels.

But a clear Sign we are heading toward an autocratic state is the conjoining of perceived slight against Morrison with disrespect for the office Of PM.

bloke imposed himself on someone who very clearly wanted nothing to do with him. If we limit ourselves to an examination of this inciden,and therefore somehow disregard Morrison’s many transgressions, why are we not decrying an obvious and clear act of bullying?

probably because its about votes, pure & simple.

Did it have a supporting link or is it aimed at 'the converted' .... when its too good to true, it may not be true.
I'd find it hard to be true. But then I remember that Trump wanted his own personal signature on CoVid assistance cheques and Frydenberg printed election material in the exact same style as the AEC so you never know these days....

Most of us want to talk about Colbeck, but simply, a divisive subject matter such as culture wars is so juicy for the media and players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems totally at odds as to how he is viewed by people that actually know him. They think is a top bloke.

“An absolute jet!” - Jude Bolton, not a bad bloke himself.

Oh no no wrong context. I was calling Kwality a massive derp for trying to compare Grace Tame and Adam Goodes and how they will be remembered after being named AOTY.

I don't think Goodes is a derp at all.

Again, just to clarify, Kwality is a massive derp.

Telling recollection from Yasmin Poole - 22, 2021 Rhodes Scholar, Martin Luther King Jnr Young Influencer of the Year, Ambassador Plan Australia, Consultant World Bank.

“When I was 20, I visited Parliament with a group of young women advocating for gender equality.

We were told we would meet Scott Morrison. We waited next to groups of school kids. He went around the circle posing with each group.

He got to us. He asked us if we support the Sharks. Awkward silence. “Guess I’m asking the wrong group,” he said.

A minute later, we stood and smiled for a photo. It felt gross. Everything felt cold, insincere.

Later, we met with Anthony Albanese. Polar opposite. We sat around a table and discussed our concerns for 30 minutes. He asked us questions and wanted to understand.

Nearing the end, I raised my hand and said “Thank you for not treating us like a photo opportunity.” I meant it.

There were no media or other politicians in that room. Just us.

Word got out that I made that comment. An hour later, I got a call telling me that a senior Liberal staffer was demanding that I write a letter of apology.

“With a signature”, they specified.

I was told it would be shown to all Liberal Ministers.

I felt cornered. So I did it. I went to my dorm room and cried.

They cared that much about one tiny comment made by a 20 year old uni student.

Refusing to worship the PM was met with tactics of humiliation and control.

With a bit of negotiation, the letter was never sent. They didn’t even care to have it. They just wanted me to write it.

I think about that moment to this day. I remember how scared and embarrassed I was. I thought I let everyone down.

That’s just the tip of the iceberg.”

Good point, the GG lists the recipients on his home page.

There is a (big) difference between the Australia Day Honours Awards and the Australian of the Year Award both in terms of how they are determined, how they are awarded and the formal and ceremonial recognition given to recipients.

Colbeck has been the worst performance of the whole pandemic. He just simply refuses to do his job as Minister.

Literally went to the cricket for 3 days instead of attending hearings about how his negligence killed thousands of people and still is.

And the man couldn't care less, he was born to rule, not actually Govern or work.

Worse than pond scum.

Colbeck has been the worst performance of the whole pandemic. He just simply refuses to do his job as Minister.

Literally went to the cricket for 3 days instead of attending hearings about how his negligence killed thousands of people and still is.

And the man couldn't care less, he was born to rule, not actually Govern or work.

Worse than pond scum.
Martin Foley copped grief for being on holidays when a Code Brown was declared. Colbeck has done nothing at all, just lets thousands die and would find it hard to be on holidays, because he's never done any work.

This is not true. I became a citizen yesterday and no how to vote card. I had to fill out a form to register with the AEC but no how to vote card.

Yeah, I should've read the comment from the AEC in reply to that tweet before I posted it.

Congrats on becoming a citizen by the way! :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back