Play Nice Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 7 - Prosperity Theology, The Coal Man + His Bootlickers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opine

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
They haven’t described, yet alone proven a threat, from the person who performed admirably at the last and many previous Australian opens

Is not outspoken that much on anti vax apart from discussing his reasons.

He would tell porkies at 1% the rate of our average politician here
Tomorrows decision will likely settle whether it was open for our immigration minister to do what he did.

Opine

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Gawd, whats worse than a banana republic? We are officially at that level.
let’s be clear, we are talking about retaining and having an AU citizen exercising discretion about who gets to enter AU and on what terms. I think that’s in our best interests.

Festerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2019
///comet.repair.export
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PAFC Maggies SANFL, ASU Sun Devils
It’s going to be fun seeing them justify in court. A real court

Given the very wide discretionary powers open to the Minister to cancel visas under a broadly and deliberately poorly defined 'public interest' test in the Migration Act I think exactly the opposite.

It will be fun seeing the Djokovic defence team attempt to overturn the visa rejection this time around.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Up until 6pm on Friday, thers been hours of footage and reams of discussion in media. Hardly any was about Novak being a focus for rabble rousers.

It’s a sandman argument. And while many people might not like Novak, under any balanced assesment he’s a model citizen

Festerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2019
///comet.repair.export
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
They haven’t described, yet alone proven a threat, from the person who performed admirably at the last and many previous Australian opens
Actually they have described the threat. See my post above. And it was repeated by the Judge in yesterday's hearing.

S 133C(3) allows Hawke to cancel a visa if he is satisfied that a ground for cancelling it exists under s 116 of the Act, and he is also satisfied that cancellation would be in the public interest.

That is a very broad scope for the Minister to act within in cancelling a visa.

It will be up to the Defence team to demonstrate that he did not legally (and reasonably) act within the scope of that section of the Act.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2000
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Actually they have described the threat. See my post above. And it was repeated by the Judge in yesterday's hearing.

S 133C(3) allows Hawke to cancel a visa if he is satisfied that a ground for cancelling it exists under s 116 of the Act, and he is also satisfied that cancellation would be in the public interest.

That is a very broad scope for the Minister to act within in cancelling a visa.

It will be up to the Defence team to demonstrate that he did not legally (and reasonably) act within the scope of that section of the Act.

Thanks, so based entirely on opinion of the minister - so not a lie if you believe it

Anyone wanna buy a tennis centre with three indoor arena courts?

Christopher Buttersnip

Beware of the Drop Bears
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
Oops indeed campbell.

TrOLK73.jpg

Fortunately 13 year olds don't get to vote.;)

Festerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2019
///comet.repair.export
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Thanks, so based entirely on opinion of the minister - so not a lie if you believe it

Anyone wanna buy a tennis centre with three indoor arena courts?
Sort of.

That's where successive governments (Labor AND LNP) have got us to with our migration processes. And why Immigration is so often used as a cheap populist tool come election time, most notably in recent times by Conservative governments.

'Ministerial Discretion' is a double edged sword. On matters of national interest is a good thing but only when a fair and competent government is in power. It is obviously open to abuse and mis use and for politicking, especially pre-election.

Sep 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Up until 6pm on Friday, thers been hours of footage and reams of discussion in media. Hardly any was about Novak being a focus for rabble rousers.

It’s a sandman argument. And while many people might not like Novak, under any balanced assesment he’s a model citizen

Novak hanging with a group of children the day after testing positive to covid, is not being a model citizen.

checkraiseulite

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Given the very wide discretionary powers open to the Minister to cancel visas under a broadly and deliberately poorly defined 'public interest' test in the Migration Act I think exactly the opposite.

It will be fun seeing the Djokovic defence team attempt to overturn the visa rejection this time around.
finally someone with an idea what's going on.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2000
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
From the Age article today:

"During the 2019 election campaign – the election which almost no one but he and his inner circle thought he could win – he’d walked into a gallery in a marginal central coast electorate, suffering a momentary and uncharacteristic loss of confidence. Seeing the striking image, he decided it was the divine signal he needed to keep going."

a4dde43bede596091fc561963bbd3c4e24ededd5

"He would later tell a national convention of fellow Pentecostalists “the message I got that day was ‘Scott, you’ve got to run to not grow weary, you’ve got to walk to not grow faint, you’ve got to spread your wings like an eagle to soar like an eagle’” .

And Scott Morrison purchased that picture of the soaring eagle and keeps it in prime of place above the mantelpiece of his Prime Ministerial Office. A reminder that he is the chosen one.

I tell you you have to read this article. I'm dead certain the journo is taking the piss out of Morrison without him realising it, such is his unshakeable arrogance and self obsession.

Utterly delusional

Maybe I’ll buy crap art to wipe my ass on, as there’s no toilet rolls to be had

Last edited:

Opine

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Oh please.
Could you take off your rose coloured glasses?
This has nothing to do with we the people, it is about me the Scotty.
I think it might be more about “anti-Scotty” than Scotty or the AU public.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2000
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Novak hanging with a group of children the day after testing positive to covid, is not being a model citizen.

Novak who spent more of his own money on bushfire victims unprompted than scotty has spent of our money, only promised but not delivered after extreme public disquiet

I don’t know if any victims were children.

If we keep going, our assesment will be balanced

Novak who spent more of his own money on bushfire victims unprompted than scotty has spent of our money, only promised but not delivered after extreme public disquiet

I don’t know if any victims were children.
Novak's donation to the bushfire victims is proportionate to you buying a homeless guy a big mac meal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back