Play Nice Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 7 - Prosperity Theology, The Coal Man + His Bootlickers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you, or anyone else is happy with the weirdo religious path the liberals are going down - then by all means.

If you want to tell the Libs to sort their ultra-right wing sh*t out then the only thing to do is to vote for someone else.

Pretty sure I said I don’t want the liberals lol.

Is it just me, or is it that the bible is so hypocritical and contradictory, that it makes sense that the most "pious" politicians are also the most hypocritical?
Certainly. The Bible evolved from the thoughts and stories of a hundred different blokes from mythology and beliefs from hundreds of years. It would be a miracle if it was consistent.

It provides plenty of opportunities for your religious types to select bits that appear to align with their ideology and strategically ignore inconvenient passages. Wealthy Hillsong leaders can hate on homosexuality, and recast Jesus as a bloke who wants to see them succeed and also a good guy that would party alongside them with some indifferent quasi-pop music. I doubt there is so much focus on the sermon on the mount.

Anyone who claims to live their life in accordance with the Bible is lying, nuts, or a very selective reader.

Certainly. The Bible evolved from the thoughts and stories of a hundred different blokes from mythology and beliefs from hundreds of years. It would be a miracle if it was consistent.

It provides plenty of opportunities for your religious types to select bits that appear to align with their ideology and strategically ignore inconvenient passages. Wealthy Hillsong leaders can hate on homosexuality, and recast Jesus as a bloke who wants to see them succeed and also a good guy that would party alongside them with some indifferent quasi-pop music. I doubt there is so much focus on the sermon on the mount.

Anyone who claims to live their life in accordance with the Bible is lying, nuts, or a very selective reader.

And then when the priests get caught with the little kiddies or their extra-marital partner, they just say

"Hey, love thy neighbour" ;)

You can take anything in the bible and make it mean whatever you want it to mean and regardless of what you do, you just get forgiveness or born-again.

Such a crock. It won't be long until Politicians will be hiding their religiosity rather than flaunting it. Good people just need to stop giving people a pass, or assuming they're nice just because they were raised religious.

I've always told my family not to trust religious people, they're the least trustworthy people in society because they'll take "Faith" over common-sense every time.

I still can't get a rat test.
I know it may not help - and I don't know where you're situated - but the drivethru PCR test lines are getting much shorter due to the (limited) availability of the RAT tests.

It's still a wait, but it's better than not getting tested.

Pretty sure I said I don’t want the liberals lol.

sure, but if people are saying they're not sure who they prefer, I think its pretty clear cut.
Either we say we are Ok with this religious, conservative path the liberals have been going down - or we send a clear message and vote them out....
I still can't get a rat test.

This is what the fed govt wanted. Distraction with a tennis player, states have starting distributing RAT to people, so people can forget how they "didn't want to interfere with the private market"

So the Roman Catholic Church was the Apple corp of the day? Now I see the significance of the name ‘apple’

sure, but if people are saying they're not sure who they prefer, I think its pretty clear cut.
Either we say we are Ok with this religious, conservative path the liberals have been going down - or we send a clear message and vote them out....

This is what the fed govt wanted. Distraction with a tennis player, states have starting distributing RAT to people, so people can forget how they "didn't want to interfere with the private market"

Prefer labour, but don’t want either 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like joker is copping the full three year ban:

“Well, well, that’s a very good point. I’m not going to sort of precondition any of that or say anything that would not enable the Minister to make the various calls they have to make,’’ Mr Morrison said.

“It does go over a three-year period but there is the opportunity for them to return in the right circumstances, and that would be considered at the time.”

Apparently that opportunity is getting vaccinated

I don't rate them politically and strategically either.

IMO it's common sense to not wade into an area and lecture the locals, like they did with the Adani convoy - and like Peter Dutton did down in Melbourne.
I reckon the Greens only really understand a part of the electorate. They don't really go out of their way to educate themselves. The end result is stuff that only really gets votes in a small area.

Is it just me, or is it that the bible is so hypocritical and contradictory, that it makes sense that the most "pious" politicians are also the most hypocritical?
It’s a book with many different authors, so any surprise it reads like the output of a committee?

Looks like joker is copping the full three year ban:

“Well, well, that’s a very good point. I’m not going to sort of precondition any of that or say anything that would not enable the Minister to make the various calls they have to make,’’ Mr Morrison said.

“It does go over a three-year period but there is the opportunity for them to return in the right circumstances, and that would be considered at the time.”

Apparently that opportunity is getting vaccinated

Surely if he got vaccinated that would incite the anti-vac brigade more…
How does getting vaccinated change “public interest”

<<<It’s a month since the Australian Financial Reviewran the memorable headline: “Morrison stares down Omicron: ‘It’s manageable’”.

It was a reasonable spin to put on the Prime Minister’s announcement that opening the borders to skilled migrants and foreign students would go ahead, followed up by his “victory lap” speech to the Sydney Institute that night.

“In a truly global pandemic, Australia’s response has been a positive standout,” declared Scott Morrison, listing the ways in which the pandemic was now in the rear-view mirror while his government’s sights “are firmly through that windscreen on the road ahead”.

But oh boy, that speech and the AFR’s headline have not aged well.

In the days following, the Morrison government and most of the states removed most pandemic restrictions for Christmas, to everyone’s relief but against the advice of epidemiologists.

It was probably against the advice of their chief medical officers, as well, although only the inevitable royal commission will tell us that, when they’re questioned under oath, one by one.

There seems to have been no planning of any sort for the increase in COVID-19 cases that was always going to result from Omicron.

The result has been a shambles: Tests unavailable, businesses closing, supermarket shelves empty, hospitals and emergency services overwhelmed, the economy taking another swan dive, and the unvaccinated Novak Djokovic getting a visa, later withdrawn.

‘Shout-at-the-TV exasperating’​

Watching from the sidelines of annual leave, it has been shout-at-the-TV exasperating, no holiday at all really, but the question that keeps coming back to me is: Why is it that governments, especially conservative ones, don’t do risk management?

Other organisations do it. In fact, half of most board meetings are spent discussing the risk of decisions going wrong and the things they need to do to prepare for a worse-case scenario, all while telling the market, of course, that the decision is perfect and everything is going to be just hunky dory.

Not conservative politicians. They reassure and then believe their own reassuring bullsh-t, and/or their neoliberal ideology, which tells them that governments are always the problem, not the solution.

The experts were warning before Christmas that things might go south with Omicron, and although it looked less deadly than Delta, the exponential increase in cases would result in similar or higher numbers of hospitalisations and deaths.

In fact, the exact future of Omicron was being modelled by epidemiologists so there was no need to guess.>>>

More:https://thenewdaily.com.au/finance/...um=email&utm_campaign=Morning News - 20220117

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back