Play Nice Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 7 - Prosperity Theology, The Coal Man + His Bootlickers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sort of.

That's where successive governments (Labor AND LNP) have got us to with our migration processes. And why Immigration is so often used as a cheap populist tool come election time, most notably in recent times by Conservative governments.

'Ministerial Discretion' is a double edged sword. On matters of national interest is a good thing but only when a fair and competent government is in power. It is obviously open to abuse and mis use and for politicking, especially pre-election.
Or when the immigrants in question are young au pairs…

Where? I got a coffee the other day and didn't have to show a vax cert.

the most locked down city in the world. where hospitality businesses can't get staff or pay rent and people with cancer are having 'elective' surgery cancelled due to 'covid' risks.

any hospitality business worth their salt shouldn't be serving you unless you show your vacc cert. 90% of places i ahve been will have you vacc cert checked before you are served.

i don't think i have spoken to anyone in melbourne who isn't either serbian or an anti-vax / anti-gov nutjob who thinks novak should be here.

You can kiss the Australian Open goodbye on the tennis circuit.

Thanks Scotty.
Bit of an overreach there campbell. The following seems like a vote of confidence to me.

YPDj3NI.jpg

the most locked down city in the world. where hospitality businesses can't get staff or pay rent and people with cancer are having 'elective' surgery cancelled due to 'covid' risks.

any hospitality business worth their salt shouldn't be serving you unless you show your vacc cert. 90% of places i ahve been will have you vacc cert checked before you are served.

i don't think i have spoken to anyone in melbourne who isn't either serbian or an anti-vax / anti-gov nutjob who thinks novak should be here.

Despite what you all may think, I’m neutral on novak (although the titl will be somewhat asterisk without )
But I’m quite happy the govt and ABF have had a slap because they have been far too untrusive and unaccountable these past two years. While the strategy may have saved lives, the extra bungling and unaccountability has probably saved very few extra lives

And the threat posed by novak……is roughly the same as when he participated in the AO last year. Anything on top is merely a political straw man construct

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You miss the point. Intelligent people can read the article and see it for the utter BS Morrison is pedalling - they don't need someone to spoon feed them how to think.

As the journo says in her first paragraph:

The interview opportunity has come with a promise: nothing will be off-limits.

Despite this, I know from previous interactions with him that he’s skilled in the arts of deflection and circumlocution, and unvarnished candour from any politician is unlikely with an unofficial election campaign already in full swing.

So to get the interview she does what honest thing - asks the right questions and publishes the answers in full for us to judge, without editing them to suit a pre determined position. And in doing so Morrison is hoisted on his own petard of BS.

That to me is honest journalism.

People are capable of reading and forming their own opinion, you know.

How can this statement by Morrison get published untested?

“One of the things that has wrong-footed Labor is that I’m no darling of big business. I’ve stood up to the big banks, the big tech companies, the big energy companies, the insurance companies, you name it, the unions, super … I’ve taken them all on. I’m no darling of that set – and they know it.”

There is barely anything truthful in that statement.

Big business - he has outsourced almost the entire roll of government to them - largely untended
Big banks - the royal commission is buried never to be seen again. And how much assistance did they receive in the CoVid response?
Tech companies - he has either represented the interests of Murdoch or had a hissy fit because he doesn't like it. Otherwise ZERO has changed.
Big energy companies - last I knew they were heading up the CoVid response taskforce and still get billions a year in subsidies, are in line for a free train line, are getting a new gas fired power station no one wants, etc.
Insurance companies - I have no idea wtf he is referring to here.
Unions - lol - who did the new accord or whatever he was calling it go? Or was that just another thought bubble?
Super - industry super maybe

Morrison speaks s**t and the media need to stop regurgitating it and call it out

How can this statement by Morrison get published untested?

“One of the things that has wrong-footed Labor is that I’m no darling of big business. I’ve stood up to the big banks, the big tech companies, the big energy companies, the insurance companies, you name it, the unions, super … I’ve taken them all on. I’m no darling of that set – and they know it.”

There is barely anything truthful in that statement.

Big business - he has outsourced almost the entire roll of government to them - largely untended
Big banks - the royal commission is buried never to be seen again. And how much assistance did they receive in the CoVid response?
Tech companies - he has either represented the interests of Murdoch or had a hissy fit because he doesn't like it. Otherwise ZERO has changed.
Big energy companies - last I knew they were heading up the CoVid response taskforce and still get billions a year in subsidies, are in line for a free train line, are getting a new gas fired power station no one wants, etc.
Insurance companies - I have no idea wtf he is referring to here.
Unions - lol - who did the new accord or whatever he was calling it go? Or was that just another thought bubble?
Super - industry super maybe

Morrison speaks sh*t and the media need to stop regurgitating it and call it out

FFS Settle down. Not everything is as binary as you make out and every piece of journalism involving a politician does not have to be a full-on political attack piece that frankly turns off everyone bar the political cheer squads who only ever see things in my team/their team terms.

Simple questions were put and effusive responses made by the PM in response. There was little or no editorialising by the reporter as so often is the case. Far from it. As I stated earlier, in the opening paragraphs she made it clear references to the 'deflection and circumlocution' skills of the PM and so the interview was structured accordingly.

That the reporter was able to ask seemingly open questions that encouraged the PM to contradict and flat out misrepresent the truth on so many matters is a skill in itself.

Those comments are on the record for all to see now.

You ask how can it be published 'untested'. And yet here you are doing just that. You reckon others aren't capable of doing just that?

Time to have a bit of respect for the general public or others that don't see things as simply black or white.

Most people can spot bullshit when its dumped in front of them. They don't need an intermediary to filter out the solids from the liquids.

It was Morrison in his own words and it was gold plated A grade Bull s**t in one of the biggest selling media chains in the country.

You underestimate just how valuable that is in political terms. There can be no claims of the media setting him up or setting an agenda.

Remember this cover from April last year?

48625377-10048237-image-a-18_1633060046630.jpg

Hubris has a nasty habit of catching up with politicians.

FFS Settle down. Not everything is as binary as you make out and every piece of journalism involving a politician does not have to be a full-on political attack piece that frankly turns off everyone bar the political cheer squads who only ever see things in my team/their team terms.

Simple questions were put and effusive responses made by the PM in response. There was little or no editorialising by the reporter as so often is the case. Far from it. As I stated earlier, in the opening paragraphs she made it clear references to the 'deflection and circumlocution' skills of the PM and so the interview was structured accordingly.

That the reporter was able to ask seemingly open questions that encouraged the PM to contradict and flat out misrepresent the truth on so many matters is a skill in itself.

Those comments are on the record for all to see now.

You ask how can it be published 'untested'. And yet here you are doing just that. You reckon others aren't capable of doing just that?

Time to have a bit of respect for the general public or others that don't see things as simply black or white.

Most people can spot bullshit when its dumped in front of them. They don't need an intermediary to filter out the solids from the liquids.

It was Morrison in his own words and it was gold plated A grade Bull sh*t in one of the biggest selling media chains in the country.

You underestimate just how valuable that is in political terms. There can be no claims of the media setting him up or setting an agenda.

Remember this cover from April last year?

48625377-10048237-image-a-18_1633060046630.jpg

Hubris has a nasty habit of catching up with politicians.

Two minor problems with your argument;

1. Australian's generally "aren't capable of doing just that?" They are barely engaged and none of Morrison's "quiet Australians" would be seen dead reading The AGE even with Costello at the helm. in fact they are so disengaged they would have zero idea Costello is in fact at the helm.
  2. Gladys, notwithstanding she willingly resigned because of a corruption investigation and is directly responsible for Australia's current "let it rip" policy remains probably the most popular politician in the country - including McGowen. Her hubris has not amounted to much when it comes to public opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back