Scott Morrison - How Long? (Part 1 - Continued in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Liberal party like trump in the US should focus on representing middle and working class Australians because Labour and the greens sure don't. Today the left are more concerned about refugees, transgender rights and pleasing the climate gods.

This comment is where the Liberals are getting the electorate wrong.

The Liberals have mismanaged the refugee issue by allowing it to drag on for years, unlike the Howard government that acted tough but when all went quiet would allow refugees to leave detention.

The Liberals have made transgender an issue by the mismanagement of the gay marriage debate and it is only the reactionaries talking about it.

The climate gods seem to be worshiped by the Liberal Party's electoral base.

The Liberal Party needs to remember that its base lives in Wentworth, Brighton and Hawthorn instead of the U.S and its base voted overwhelmingly yes to gay marriage and wants action on climate change.

Yeah, that would be ScoMo’s fault
View attachment 595956
Certainly is, it's a direct result of the decision regarding recognition of Israel's capital.

Morrison's religious beliefs are more important to him than the safety and security of Australian citizens.

The Liberal party like trump in the US should focus on representing middle and working class Australians because Labour and the greens sure don't. Today the left are more concerned about refugees, transgender rights and pleasing the climate gods.

I do hope the liberals listen to EVERY SINGLE WORD YOU SAY.

I TRULY hope they TAKE IT AS GOSPEL

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiRtMrswqPfAhVTWisKHYd5CF8QzPwBegQIARAC&url=http://theconversation.com/lowy-institute-poll-shows-australians-support-for-climate-action-at-its-highest-level-in-a-decade-98625&psig=AOvVaw1fqJJAd2RpGMc7tbyQwyww&ust=1545021260701370

<<<<The annual Lowy Institute Poll on Australian attitudes to the world and global issues for 2018 has been released. Among a series of interesting findings, one thing is clear: support for climate action and renewable energy continue to grow.

In response to the survey’s questions on climate and energy, 59% of respondents agreed with the statement: “climate change is a serious and pressing problem. We should begin taking steps now even if this involves significant costs.”>>>>

I truly hope that they think you are some kind of sage with his ear to the ground.

Not the utter whackjob in utter denial of what his fellow man thinks - that we can see posting here.

Last edited:

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiRtMrswqPfAhVTWisKHYd5CF8QzPwBegQIARAC&url=http://theconversation.com/lowy-institute-poll-shows-australians-support-for-climate-action-at-its-highest-level-in-a-decade-98625&psig=AOvVaw1fqJJAd2RpGMc7tbyQwyww&ust=1545021260701370

<<<<The annual Lowy Institute Poll on Australian attitudes to the world and global issues for 2018 has been released. Among a series of interesting findings, one thing is clear: support for climate action and renewable energy continue to grow.

In response to the survey’s questions on climate and energy, 59% of respondents agreed with the statement: “climate change is a serious and pressing problem. We should begin taking steps now even if this involves significant costs.”>>>>

I truly hope that they think you are some kind of sage with his ear to the ground.

Not the utter whackjob in utter denial of what his fellow man thinks - that we can see posting here.
Human beings are gullible *ers that’s why!

Human beings are gullible ******s that’s why!
Gullible or not these are the voters that need to be understood. They are unlikely to change their minds, suppose a strategy could be to distract and manufacture a more pressing issue..
Now I understand why scomo is poking the Islamic nations on the Israel issue

This comment is where the Liberals are getting the electorate wrong.

The Liberals have mismanaged the refugee issue by allowing it to drag on for years, unlike the Howard government that acted tough but when all went quiet would allow refugees to leave detention.

The Liberals have made transgender an issue by the mismanagement of the gay marriage debate and it is only the reactionaries talking about it.

The climate gods seem to be worshiped by the Liberal Party's electoral base.

The Liberal Party needs to remember that its base lives in Wentworth, Brighton and Hawthorn instead of the U.S and its base voted overwhelmingly yes to gay marriage and wants action on climate change.

Socially progressive right wingers like Turnbull and Bishop make up a minority of the liberal party base and they are not the type of people who decide elections. The liberal party will not win elections with progressive social policies and economic conservatism. At the moment the liberals are a poor persons labour, they need to differentiate themselves.

When right wing parties win elections its with leaders who can win over blue collar left leaning voters with socially conservative policies that divide and conquer. Trump had the rust belt, Howard had his battlers and Abbott had his forgotten families.

There are plenty of blue collar workers to be won over with lower power prices over emission reductions , cutting back on immigration to increase wages and end all the PC nonsense.

In 2013 the liberals won in a land side because they took the fight up to labour on climate change and made it a choice between cutting emissions or lowering power prices. Remember when Turnbull was opposition leader he struggled as it was not until Abbott came along and said no I am going to put the cost of living ahead of climate change that the liberals started to do well.

Glad you brought this up as it shows were the liberals have gone wrong recently.

Australians prefer action against climate change over none and renewables over coal and that's were the debate has been recently. However Australians don't like action over climate change or renewables if it means they have to pay. In other words the hip pocket comes before climate change.

The liberals need to frame this debate around a choice between lower emissions or lower power prices and they will win easily.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glad you brought this up as it shows were the liberals have gone wrong recently.

Australians prefer action against climate change over none and renewables over coal and that's were the debate has been recently. However Australians don't like action over climate change or renewables if it means they have to pay. In other words the hip pocket comes before climate change.

The liberals need to frame this debate around a choice between lower emissions or lower power prices and they will win easily.
From that article:

<<<In response to the survey’s questions on climate and energy, 59% of respondents agreed with the statement: “climate change is a serious and pressing problem. We should begin taking steps now even if this involves significant costs.>>>

Don't think we really need much reminding.

hKyQhFz.jpg

Socially progressive right wingers like Turnbull and Bishop make up a minority of the liberal party base and they are not the type of people who decide elections. The liberal party will not win elections with progressive social policies and economic conservatism. At the moment the liberals are a poor persons labour, they need to differentiate themselves.

When right wing parties win elections its with leaders who can win over blue collar left leaning voters with socially conservative policies that divide and conquer. Trump had the rust belt, Howard had his battlers and Abbott had his forgotten families.

There are plenty of blue collar workers to be won over with lower power prices over emission reductions , cutting back on immigration to increase wages and end all the PC nonsense.

In 2013 the liberals won in a land side because they took the fight up to labour on climate change and made it a choice between cutting emissions or lowering power prices. Remember when Turnbull was opposition leader he struggled as it was not until Abbott came along and said no I am going to put the cost of living ahead of climate change that the liberals started to do well.

Are you really telling us that the Liberals would be happy to lose Wentworth and potentially Higgins in the hope that some blue collar worker will vote for them.

The Liberal Party base is Wentworth, Higgins, Hawthorn and Brighton, sure the Liberals also have a rural country conservative base, they are traditional conservatives that value family and community instead of what the reactionaries think conservative means.

Sections of the Liberal Party like to bring up cutting immigration and ending PC nonsense, however there is little evidence to support the claim that there is any real world opposition to "so called PC nonsense", I well remember many claiming gay marriage was a fringe issue being forced upon everyday Aussies and that it would be rejected by everyday Aussies, however when the results came in, it was a clear and decisive win for the yes vote.

There are many Liberals that support immigration and want climate change to be taken seriously, they are the same Liberals that rejected the Liberal brand in Wentworth and the Victorian state election.

The Liberal Party has a very successful history of delivering progressive policies and being economically open, whereas the current Liberals claiming some mythical base are headed for a heavy defeat.

On Trump, his support was weaker in the rust belt and in states like Iowa that saw three out of four house seats go Democrat.

Last edited:
The disgusting bastard has been reported as saying that he is "locking in the shift to West Jerusalem".

This **** is now praying like f**k that there is a terrorist strike in Australia so he can be seen as tough on Islam/terror: his "children overboard" and if anyone thinks that it is too far fetched, we are talking about an imbecile who believes in "rapture", he believes that he has bought his ticket to heaven already and that any tactics he can use to enhance his prospects of being elected as Prime Minister are hunky dory. Filthy, filthy ****!
I apologise for posting misleading "facts" in the above post. It seems that the born again zombie is not moving our Embassy to West Jerusalem although he is recognising it as the capital of Israel. I was stupid enough to accept what the Völkischer Beobachter (The Australian) said as being factual.

The last part of my post still stands though: "This **** is now praying like f**k that there is a terrorist strike in Australia so he can be seen as tough on Islam/terror: his "children overboard" ..."

I literally switch off when Morrison speaks so I went to The Guardian to read what he said and I seriously couldn't believe what I was reading. Is he on the same planet as us? Some excerpts (a good read):

“Though, a two-state solution remains the only viable way to resolve the Israeli-Palestinian dispute,” he said. “The obstacles, we must admit, to achieving such a solution are becoming insurmountable. We hope not. The lapse of time and the failure to progress the negotiations I believe has changed this Israeli-Palestinian situation in recent times. A rancid stalemate has emerged.

“Slavish adherence to the conventional wisdom over decades appears only to be further entrenching the stalemate, providing for everyone just to keep doing what they were doing and looking the other way … that’s not the way I deal with problems.”:think:

Morrison also accused the United Nations of antisemitism, :eek: saying: “We regard the biased and unfair targeting of Israel in the UN general assembly in particular, as deeply unhelpful to efforts to build peace and stability. The UN general assembly is now the place where Israel is bullied and where antisemitism is cloaked in the language of human rights.”

Also a good read:
https://www.theguardian.com/austral...morrison-and-shorten-hear-election-clock-tick
“The obstacles, we must admit, to achieving such a solution are becoming insurmountable. We hope not. The lapse of time and the failure to progress the negotiations I believe has changed this Israeli-Palestinian situation in recent times. A rancid stalemate has emerged."

He, the hyena Bishop and the Abbott/Turnbull Liberal National Party Government were directly responsible for the "rancid stalemate" that has emerged by voting with the USA in the United Nations to bury any hope of a two state solution which took years to formulate.

Morrison, Bishop and the LNP are violence facilitators and stand condemned for sentencing the people in that region of the planet to ongoing violence and terror.

From that article:

<<<In response to the survey’s questions on climate and energy, 59% of respondents agreed with the statement: “climate change is a serious and pressing problem. We should begin taking steps now even if this involves significant costs.>>>
It is reasonable to think that “significant costs” is too abstract a term to be evaluated. The support for action on climate change may be different if (for example) household power prices doubled.
Note I have no knowledge of how power prices would be affected or the magnitude of the effect.

“The obstacles, we must admit, to achieving such a solution are becoming insurmountable. We hope not. The lapse of time and the failure to progress the negotiations I believe has changed this Israeli-Palestinian situation in recent times. A rancid stalemate has emerged."

He, the hyena Bishop and the Abbott/Turnbull Liberal National Party Government were directly responsible for the "rancid stalemate" that has emerged by voting with the USA in the United Nations to bury any hope of a two state solution which took years to formulate.

Morrison, Bishop and the LNP are violence facilitators and stand condemned for sentencing the people in that region of the planet to ongoing violence and terror.
It is odd that he (scomo) now seems to be stating a two state solution is the plan.

Yes, never mind that it was all an out-and-out lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back