Scott Morrison - How Long? (Part 1 - Continued in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Australia Day, the day local councils try and recover from a year of parking regulations by virtue signalling on Indigenous affairs - whether they want them to or not.

Reckon the bigger issue here is Scomo taking to any sort of dissent on this issue with an iron fist ...

Australia Day, the day local councils try and recover from a year of parking regulations by virtue signalling on Indigenous affairs - whether they want them to or not.
Shorten pointed out that only 7 of 537 (I think) councils have changed their citizenship ceremonies. So the only ones ‘virtue signalling’ are the government and those who like to bandy around terms like virtue signalling.

I honestly think its got to the point where they are just circling marginal electorates on the map, deciding what will fly there and then doing press releases proposing something they think is going to appeal. It has nothing to do with governing anymore and its been going on since ScoMo started doing foreign policy on the fly to try and save Wentworth. An every time it fails they get feedback from the Murdoch echo chamber they need to go further to the right and double down.
It's pathetic.
I'm surprised Morrison didn't show up at Summer Nats in the burnout comp.
It's "Downfall" all over again.

I think it was Geelong_crazy that wrote he hoped there was a big political fight over Australian Day because it would bring the voters back to the Liberals.
Pretty sure he wrote Guy getting tough on African gangs would get them the state election too.

Shorten pointed out that only 7 of 537 (I think) councils have changed their citizenship ceremonies. So the only ones ‘virtue signalling’ are the government and those who like to bandy around terms like virtue signalling.
From my analysis of councils in WA that have done it have actually used the issue as a political cover to save money from not having the celebrations on a public holiday.

I think it was Geelong_crazy that wrote he hoped there was a big political fight over Australian Day because it would bring the voters back to the Liberals.

He's hardy Nostradamus on that.
We all knew it was coming , because culture war bullshit is all this rabble has left.

6 years of their s**t policies is testament

He must have told his dads best mate Tusgey of this fool proof plan and he relayed it onto the PM that it will attract all the young people like GC26

Annual Sydney birthday debate.

The Liberals are extremely desperate to appease the mythical base but for the real silent majority it is a public holiday ideal for watching the AO tennis or sitting on a beach.

The real debate is why do we have a public holiday for Sydney but not one for Melbourne's birthday.
Such a rich tradition though. Goes all the way back to 1988. The Chinese and the Persians have nothing on us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are both at blame on this.
That is definitely true. But won't be the way Morrison and co will frame it. Both parties have been a disgrace on the issue.

You can also see why Morrison doesn't want a retrospective ICAC.

From my analysis of councils in WA that have done it have actually used the issue as a political cover to save money from not having the celebrations on a public holiday.
That’s clever actually. Give your staff the same Australia Day as everyone else and cut costs.

That is definitely true. But won't be the way Morrison and co will frame it. Both parties have been a disgrace on the issue.

You can also see why Morrison doesn't want a retrospective ICAC.
The fact that they will both blame each other, while nothing meaningful happens, is of great frustration to so many.

I enjoy Australia Day, I love Australia, and I like to celebrate on our national day. It makes me uncomfortable that we choose a day that effectively excludes a significant portion of Australians from doing the same. Is that politicising it? I'd just like a date that all Australians can celebrate and enjoy our great country.

The fact that they will both blame each other, while nothing meaningful happens, is of great frustration to so many.
Totally agree. Unfortunately you can say that about a few major issues as well, and we're the ones who suffer as a result.

I enjoy Australia Day, I love Australia, and I like to celebrate on our national day. It makes me uncomfortable that we choose a day that effectively excludes a significant portion of Australians from doing the same. Is that politicising it? I'd just like a date that all Australians can celebrate and enjoy our great country.
anyfin you find hate about it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back