Scott Morrison - How Long? (Part 1 - Continued in Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat Yak

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Last edited:
Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?

chelseacarlton

BLUE it's the Magic Number
10k Posts Sensible Type Chess Club Member Pantskyle
Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
By the looks of this certain photo of him sinking a tinnie at the rugby World Cup, I’d hazard a guess, lucky to be 1 inch long.
That’s a serious mangina and subsequent wet patch he’s got going on.
No wonder he believes in sky daddy.

D11F9F2D-D8A4-45AE-BBD3-B159E27EFEB3.jpeg

ablett09

All Australian
Jan 22, 2010
melb
AFL Club
Geelong
It's genuinely embarrassing to read some of the responses.

But it tells us a lot about our fellow Australians.

Never forget, 50% of the population are of below-average intelligence.

In Australia those who are more highly educated and earn more vote Liberal.

ablett09

All Australian
Jan 22, 2010
melb
AFL Club
Geelong
You're probably 100% right, and there is no better measure of what a schitt country we have become. Morrison is not the answer to any question worth asking.

I was in Sweden last month. Aussies have no farken idea of what a well-run country looks like. My god we settle for third-rate.

We need to start living within our means and this government has a returning to surplus.

You just talked about Sweden, they along with the other nautical countries have taxation systems that spread the tax burden out far more evenly than Australia.

Would you support increases to the tax that lower and middle income earners pay ?

chelseacarlton

BLUE it's the Magic Number
10k Posts Sensible Type Chess Club Member Pantskyle
Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
We need to start living within our means and this government has a returning to surplus.

You just talked about Sweden, they along with the other nautical countries have taxation systems that spread the tax burden out far more evenly than Australia.

Would you support increases to the tax that lower and middle income earners pay ?
32F54B9F-2743-4A13-8872-AEDC4E061250.gif

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
The aspect in which Australia is most certainly not "living with its means" is private debt, which is an unimaginable clusterphuck waiting in the wings for us. I see no evidence this government has done anything about it.

If you think a budget surplus has anything to do with "living within our means" I suggest you start learning some basic economics.

https://www.smh.com.au/business/the...ily-good-or-deficits-bad-20191010-p52zhz.html

Really don't intend to get into the minutiae of tax brackets but yes, I would support an overall increase in levels of taxation, so long as there was an even greater increase in the top tax rates. Gittins again:

https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe...-a-scott-morrison-mantra-20191008-p52yk9.html

ablett09

All Australian
Jan 22, 2010
melb
AFL Club
Geelong

ablett09

All Australian
Jan 22, 2010
melb
AFL Club
Geelong
The aspect in which Australia is most certainly not "living with its means" is private debt, which is an unimaginable clusterphuck waiting in the wings for us. I see no evidence this government has done anything about it.

If you think a budget surplus has anything to do with "living within our means" I suggest you start learning some basic economics.

https://www.smh.com.au/business/the...ily-good-or-deficits-bad-20191010-p52zhz.html

Really don't intend to get into the minutiae of tax brackets but yes, I would support an overall increase in levels of taxation, so long as there was an even greater increase in the top tax rates. Gittins again:

https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe...-a-scott-morrison-mantra-20191008-p52yk9.html

How much tax do you want high income earners to pay and why ?

We are not a small socially homogeneous Nordic country that settles for mediocrity. We are far more diverse, individualistic and aspirational.

Last edited:

We are not a small socially homogeneous Nordic country that settles for meritocracy . We are far more diverse, individualistic and aspirational.
Why wouldn't you want a meritocracy? Fair go for a fair go and all that...

ablett09

All Australian
Jan 22, 2010
melb
AFL Club
Geelong
Why wouldn't you want a meritocracy? Fair go for a fair go and all that...

Meant to say mediocrity.

Out of the last 9 elections Labor has only been able to form a majority government 1 time to the liberals 7.

Labor's big problem is with aspirational voters. Wealth redistribution is just a massive turnoff to people who aspire to accumulate more wealth.

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?

We are not a small socially homogeneous Nordic country that settles for mediocrity. We are far more diverse, individualistic and aspirational.
Like I said, not interested in the minutiae of tax brackets.

"Mediocrity"?

OK now you have displayed your ignorance. Embarrassing.

On almost any metric of quality you care to name, the Nordic states are top of the world. You couldn't get a more high-achieving bunch of countries.

You really want to continue this discussion seriously?

As to your other points - since when is size, or heterogeny a barrier to implementation of policy? What a weird thing to raise.

Madison

Club Legend
Jul 28, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
As to your other points - since when is size, or heterogeny a barrier to implementation of policy? What a weird thing to raise.

It's a right wing taking point used in America to justify why universal healthcare wouldn't work there when it works everywhere else

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn

What the * is a nautical country?

In Australia those who are more highly educated and earn more vote Liberal.

Clearly you vote Labor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back