Scott Morrison - How Long? (Part 1 - Continued in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
So climate change isn't happening. :rolleyes:
Burn baby, burn.
Of course it's happening, but climate change alarmism (is that a real word?) blaming every single event on it and political points point scoring?

"Burn baby, burn"

You seem to be a bit angry and nasty on here lately, need to lay off the cones mate, it's no good for you.

Of course it's happening, but climate change alarmism (is that a real word?) blaming every single event on it and political points point scoring?

"Burn baby, burn"

You seem to be a bit angry and nasty on here lately, need to lay off the cones mate, it's no good for you.
David Littleproud was up there yesterday saying he's not sure man is even responsible for climate change, damn right I'm pissed. We pretended to be really angry when refugees died on Labor's watch, well people in this country will die as a result of the Libs policy on climate.

Without doubt, the most distasteful and horrifying comment that i have seen on this site.
What a creep you are.
These Qld fires are, (and last years), because of dickhead green policies which prevent us doing blackfella burning.
Dickheads like you are killing this country.
Rainforests are burning.
RAINFORESTS!!
Fought a FIRE LATELY?
F***en lol!!
I f***en have.
It never ceases to amaze me that the Greens somehow get to implement all the bushfire policy in regional areas that are generally wall-to-wall National seats in LNP state goverments and with an LNP federal government.

Without doubt, the most distasteful and horrifying comment that i have seen on this site.
What a creep you are.
These Qld fires are, (and last years), because of dickhead green policies which prevent us doing blackfella burning.
Rainforests are burning.
RAINFORESTS!!
Fought a FIRE LATELY?
F***en lol!!
I f***en have.
If you could provide some sort of evidence that burn offs have been stopped, that “Greenies” were responsible for stopping them, and that those burn offs would have stopped or reduced the severity of this fire then people might accept your outburst as more than an empty whinge.

TimmeT

Premiership Player
Mar 28, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

"Burn baby, burn"

Gough has an unusual hatred for the LNP couldn't even avoid laying the boot in when they bought him policies and law changes which would positively affected him such as same sex marriage.

Craven Morehead

I really don't care what you think.
Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
So they don’t do this ?

So it sounds like most of these fires in QLD were deliberately lit...
So climate change isn't happening. :rolleyes:
Burn baby, burn.
David Littleproud was up there yesterday saying he's not sure man is even responsible for climate change, damn right I'm pi**ed. We pretended to be really angry when refugees died on Labor's watch, well people in this country will die as a result of the Libs policy on climate.
It never ceases to amaze me that the Greens somehow get to implement all the bushfire policy in regional areas that are generally wall-to-wall National seats in LNP state goverments and with an LNP federal government.
If you could provide some sort of evidence that burn offs have been stopped, that “Greenies” were responsible for stopping them, and that those burn offs would have stopped or reduced the severity of this fire then people might accept your outburst as more than an empty whinge.

The Qld Gov't will no doubt produce another meaningless report on these fires, just like they did on last November's infernos.
So let's focus on those fires as a point of reference as these current fires still pose a very real threat to life and property.
My bona fides are as a rural fire fighter who was on the front line at last years fires and who just reurned from the Stanthorpe/Applethorpe fires after a weeks secondment.
Yes, we do have a cool fire policy. One which is SUPPOSED to reduce fuel loads. However this policy does not translate across to Gov't/Crown owned land.
As a point of reference, I lease a substantial portion of a State Forest for grazing purposes. I have applied continuously for a fire permit to burn this land since March 2016 and haven't even received a reply.
Getting a permit on privately owned land is getting harder and harder.
In the November fires, 400,000 Hectares, (1,000,000 acres) of State controlled land was incinerated.
Some of that land, (Deep Water to be exact), hasn't had a burn since 1976!!
When you consider that this land is now all thickened vegetation overun with lantana and noxious weeds: it is IMPOSSIBLE to contain/control fires in this country when we have extreme fire event days.
How do us fireys then hold back a fire of this magnitude when it crosses into privately owned neighbouring land?
It is already an uncontrollable blaze sending embers many kilometres ahead and crowning in eucalypt forest. These trees literally explode due to the gas release from their foliage.
The Eungalla, (inland from Mackay), fires in November saw pristine rainforest destroyed. Something which seasoned fire-fighters never thought possible. But again, the fuel loads in the surrounding National Parks eucalypt forest, (again overun with weeds and thickened vegetation), made the blaze completely uncontrollable and the rainforest didn't stand a chance.
I feel sure that the current fires in the Gold Coast hinterland are a very similar story in very similar country.
I get to travel a fair bit talking to my fellow farmers interstate and ALL of them comment on how these changes have been implemented nation-wide and how difficult it is becoming to manage their own land, let alone any gov't controlled land which may be near them.
The Greens may not be OVERTLY responsible for fire management policy, however the distinct change in fuel load management over the past 25-30 years hasn't come from nowhere! Greens based ideology has infested every level of Gov't environmental management policy from the Feds down to local council and now we are paying for this utter stupidity with peoples lives and homes.
Climate change IS ALL WE HEAR ABOUT nowadays, and it certainly has a place in the debate. However climate change isn't influencing a policy which leaves vast tracks of this country's land mis-managed and posing a very real danger to life and property.
Kids are going to be dicks and light fires, (or arsonists), and these fires could be contained, in the main, if our country wasn't ready to explode due to idiotic policy makers and influencers.

Craven Morehead

Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I'm on the side of the bushfires this summer. Sadly it's come to the point where multiple people have to die for this government to do something about climate change. It didn't have to be like this but here we are.

Jump in any yellow fire truck and say that.

You wouldn't have the balls to fight a fire.

Jump in any yellow fire truck and say that.

You wouldn't have the balls to fight a fire.
I don't think the suggestion was that it's a good thing, only that the government will wait until it's too late before implementing any mitigation strategies. Also, I would respectfully suggest that directing your ire at the crowd who aren't in government and probably never will be in government is going to do precisely jack s**t in getting those policies you oppose overturned.

Socrates2

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
The Liberals have accused war criminal Andrew Hastie ranting about China invading Australia, yet they pre-select a communist propaganda puppet in Gladys Liu? What a very strange party!

images - 2019-09-12T100811.795.jpeg

Craven Morehead

Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I don't think the suggestion was that it's a good thing, only that the government will wait until it's too late before implementing any mitigation strategies. Also, I would respectfully suggest that directing your ire at the crowd who aren't in government and probably never will be in government is going to do precisely jack s**t in getting those policies you oppose overturned.

Read my previous post.
The Qld Gov't in particular are beholden to the Green fringe and Green academics rule environmental policy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Socrates2

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
What a creep you are.
Rainforests are burning.
RAINFORESTS!!
Fought a FIRE LATELY?
F***en lol!!
I f***en have.
The problem is, people like yourself believe any moron who makes anti-science propaganda. It's laughable that you believe Malcom Roberts and Angus Taylor on scientific issues. I spose it's hard when you're pre-programmed to disbelieve any scientific evidence that doesn't fit your ideology. Here's a tip, listen to the people who dedicate their lives to science,not some ex-coal mine manager with a low IQ like Malcom Roberts.Fair Dinkum, what is wrong with you blokes?

Read my previous post.
The Qld Gov't in particular are beholden to the Green fringe and Green academics rule environmental policy.
Adani has nothing to do with environmental policy?

Craven Morehead

Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Adani has nothing to do with environmental policy?
LOL!
The environmental approval process was deliberately drawn out for YEARS until Palachook finally found her ovaries and stepped on Trad and her Green cronies.
Now, address the actual issue at hand instead of deflecting.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2003
far queue
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
NSW Blues
No connection to climate change and fires then? Do you want more coal mines? Lol gmab.

Concerned about nutters posting red flags online

"I'm on the side of the bushfires this summer. Sadly it's come to the point where multiple people have to die for this government to do something about climate change. It didn't have to be like this but here we are."

"Sadly it's going to take something like that for this government to take climate change seriously and it needs to happen soon".

Socrates2

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond

"I'm on the side of the bushfires this summer. Sadly it's come to the point where multiple people have to die for this government to do something about climate change. It didn't have to be like this but here we are."

"Sadly it's going to take something like that for this government to take climate change seriously and it needs to happen soon".
Score one point to you, you clearly don't understand the science and don't understand how critical things are.

That does seem to be what it will take for any meaningful action to happen because at the moment they have their fingers in their ears and they're going lalalalala. They're the nutters, not me.

Craven Morehead

Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
That does seem to be what it will take for any meaningful action to happen because at the moment they have their fingers in their ears and they're going lalalalala. They're the nutters, not me.

Says the bloke who's never faced a fire in his entire life.
Address my points instead playing political grandstanding.

Sep 29, 2003
far queue
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
NSW Blues

Your comments that "I'm on the side of the bushfires", "multiple people have to die" and "it needs to happen soon" certainly sound like they are coming from a nutter. As was previously stated, if these posts were read after someone has been caught lighting bushfires then it would raise the question as to why someone didn't notify the authorities beforehand. Ie red flags.

The Qld Gov't will no doubt produce another meaningless report on these fires, just like they did on last November's infernos.
So let's focus on those fires as a point of reference as these current fires still pose a very real threat to life and property.
My bona fides are as a rural fire fighter who was on the front line at last years fires and who just reurned from the Stanthorpe/Applethorpe fires after a weeks secondment.
Yes, we do have a cool fire policy. One which is SUPPOSED to reduce fuel loads. However this policy does not translate across to Gov't/Crown owned land.
As a point of reference, I lease a substantial portion of a State Forest for grazing purposes. I have applied continuously for a fire permit to burn this land since March 2016 and haven't even received a reply.
Getting a permit on privately owned land is getting harder and harder.
In the November fires, 400,000 Hectares, (1,000,000 acres) of State controlled land was incinerated.
Some of that land, (Deep Water to be exact), hasn't had a burn since 1976!!
When you consider that this land is now all thickened vegetation overun with lantana and noxious weeds: it is IMPOSSIBLE to contain/control fires in this country when we have extreme fire event days.
How do us fireys then hold back a fire of this magnitude when it crosses into privately owned neighbouring land?
It is already an uncontrollable blaze sending embers many kilometres ahead and crowning in eucalypt forest. These trees literally explode due to the gas release from their foliage.
The Eungalla, (inland from Mackay), fires in November saw pristine rainforest destroyed. Something which seasoned fire-fighters never thought possible. But again, the fuel loads in the surrounding National Parks eucalypt forest, (again overun with weeds and thickened vegetation), made the blaze completely uncontrollable and the rainforest didn't stand a chance.
I feel sure that the current fires in the Gold Coast hinterland are a very similar story in very similar country.
I get to travel a fair bit talking to my fellow farmers interstate and ALL of them comment on how these changes have been implemented nation-wide and how difficult it is becoming to manage their own land, let alone any gov't controlled land which may be near them.
The Greens may not be OVERTLY responsible for fire management policy, however the distinct change in fuel load management over the past 25-30 years hasn't come from nowhere! Greens based ideology has infested every level of Gov't environmental management policy from the Feds down to local council and now we are paying for this utter stupidity with peoples lives and homes.
Climate change IS ALL WE HEAR ABOUT nowadays, and it certainly has a place in the debate. However climate change isn't influencing a policy which leaves vast tracks of this country's land mis-managed and posing a very real danger to life and property.
Kids are going to be dicks and light fires, (or arsonists), and these fires could be contained, in the main, if our country wasn't ready to explode due to idiotic policy makers and influencers.
Thank you for taking the time to explain your position. It is appreciated.

Your comments that "I'm on the side of the bushfires", "multiple people have to die" and "it needs to happen soon" certainly sound like they are coming from a nutter. As was previously stated, if these posts were read after someone has been caught lighting bushfires then it would raise the question as to why someone didn't notify the authorities beforehand. Ie red flags.
Report me to the old bill then. This government is criminal in their neglect of the issue, and all we'll here from them on the 20th when the kids plead with them to actually do something is snide little comments about kids knowing nothing, or practicing for the unemployment queue to make them feel good about themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back