Scott Morrison - How Long? (Part 1 - Continued in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If the Senate would support more of the liberals cuts to health, education and welfare than we would be well back in surplus paying down Labor's debt.
In what world is any of that a good idea?

Balances the budget, pays down the debt and allows tax payers to keep more of THEIR money.
But then they have have to spend that money on healthcare and education because funding is cut.

You could have just said you wanted us to be the 51st state of the United States.

But then they have have to spend that money on healthcare and education because funding is cut.

You could have just said you wanted us to be the 51st state of the United States.

So what your saying is government is better able to decide how to spend tax payer money than the people who earn it ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what your saying is government is better able to decide how to spend tax payer money than the people who earn it ?
No.
I'm saying that by governments investing in healthcare they can better subsidise medications, procedures, scans and provide more funding for extensions to emergency departments, mental health care, surgery rooms, pre-natal care all of which improves society and doesn't force people into debt who can't afford these things or forego seeking medical treatment because of the cost. Plus by having a bigger medical field more people are able to be employed.

Speaking of a bigger medical field that requires professionals who've gone onto higher education. Many people wouldn't be able to afford this due to their financial situation or if they do they are stuck with crippling debts as a result. Also an education is the best way to get out of poverty and not require welfare.

No it's very simple hard working talented people will accumulate more wealth in a lower taxing country.

I didn't say scandinavian countries have an unfair advantage I simply stated that one of the keys to their achievements is their attitude to work.

I still put Australia and the US ahead of the Nordic countries but I am making point that trying to copy their policies will not lead to the same outcome.

A country with a economy that is largely resource based with a large population has to share its resources around with more people.

A larger population usually means a more diverse population. What people in rural Queensland and western Australia consider enlighten policy is very different to what people in inner city Melbourne and Sydney consider enlighten.
Of course not everything that works one place will automatically work in its entirety elsewhere.

But that sounds to me like a whole lot of justification for settling for second-rate.

We’re not even trying. The rest of the world’s racing ahead of us and we’re sitting here with a do-nothing government that deserved to be chucked out in its arse, not re-elected. Grim times ahead for Australia if we don’t pull our collective finger out.

Last edited:
When did hard work or talent ever equate to wealth?

Replace ‘hard work’ and ‘talent’ for ‘inheritance’ or ‘trust fund’.

The idea that everyone has the equal opportunity to accumulate wealth and those who do not are not working hard enough and only have themselves to blame is the biggest load of s**t.
Yes. If people reckon hard work is all it’s about, let’s bring in a 100% death tax, so everyone starts from the same place.

But whenever anyone raises the idea of death duties (quite common in most of the world actually) the conservatives show every time that when it comes to rights, no right is more important to them than the rights of dead people.

Last edited:
Balances the budget, pays down the debt and allows tax payers to keep more of THEIR money.
Just the other day I posted an article showing why this belief is complete crap.

You just ignored it rather than attempt to contest anything in it, and now here you are, posting the same horseschitte.

Here’s another one from another economist. Feel free to point out where he’s wrong, or stop wasting everyone’s time with complete crap.

No.
I'm saying that by governments investing in healthcare they can better subsidise medications, procedures, scans and provide more funding for extensions to emergency departments, mental health care, surgery rooms, pre-natal care all of which improves society and doesn't force people into debt who can't afford these things or forego seeking medical treatment because of the cost. Plus by having a bigger medical field more people are able to be employed.

Speaking of a bigger medical field that requires professionals who've gone onto higher education. Many people wouldn't be able to afford this due to their financial situation or if they do they are stuck with crippling debts as a result. Also an education is the best way to get out of poverty and not require welfare.

Nobody is suggesting that government spends no money on health care. What the liberals have attempted to do is get individuals to make some level of direct contribution to their own health care either via purchasing insurance or through direct fees.

Are you suggesting individuals should never have to pay anything towards towards their own health care ?

You seem to be showing a fetish for big government. Government departments are inherently wasteful and inefficient because it's not their money they are working with.

Less money in the hands of government means more money in the hands of the people.

We have far too many people in higher education in this country and there is not enough jobs for them. We need less kids going to uni and more kids doing apprenticeship.

Of course not everything that works one place will automatically work in its entirety elsewhere.

But that sounds to me like a whole lot of justification for settling for second-rate.

We’re not even trying. The rest of the world’s racing ahead of us and we’re sitting here with a do-nothing government that deserved to be chucked out in its arse, not re-elected. Grim times ahead for Australia if we don’t pull our collective finger out.

What exactly do you mean by second rate ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back